2015 FALL SEED ROBIN IN FLIGHT PT 2

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Too bad about the TV! But glad the box finally arrived, I was about to put out an APB on it, lol. There are lots of goodies in there.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

gm all as you all know i became a GM On Christmas & well she or he is about 2 wks old very very demanding in fact I cannot get on here without it being here she sits here on my keys so hard to type , most the time she wants the body heat of my hand like now & i have to type with one hand .
its very hard to do housework right now alsolucky my
;0
so far I have over 30 containers planted following this method & Just hoping that it works .
http://www.seedsite.eu/articles/sowing

Julie thank you for posting & i do hope you can find the time to go through the robin& have it back in the air to stillplayswdirt I think she's next haven't looked at the List yet I need to update :)
wishing you all a nice warm day very cold here :)

Natick, MA

Susie,
I will be VERY intererested to hear your results WS'ing in Vermiculite!
I hope all goes swimmingly!

Ocean Springs, MS

Timmijo, I'm planning to go to TN from Feb. 6-9. Have to check my daughter's college schedule.

Susie, The robin is in the air again. Stayed up late last night to go through it! Couldn't procrastinate because I have so much to do around here before I can start seeds! LOL

Stillplayswithdirt, get ready!

ty for up-date & happy gardening

(Marta) Frederick, MD

Susie - I want to hear about the sowing too. I am trying WE for the first time this year...I am excited and nervous it won't work.

Marta this site will explain the best way to grow your seeds now & In the spring better then I Can,, this is my 1ft try also .

http://www.seedsite.eu/articles/sowing

This is the 1st batch i have done & Are sitting outside These are perennials that need a cold temp to be able to germinate .

if you need more help send me a list of seeds BY GMAIL , you have I can mark the ones that need to go in Now .

Thumbnail by deejay9

well Tracking # Said heading for destination SO Lets Hope it arrives Maybe today in TX :) Have a great day all

Ocean Springs, MS

Hope it arrives today!

Well, I've been running all week! Been trying to put up Christmas decorations: got about half done. Then to get my sunroom done so I can start seeds! Also starting an exercise regimen next week! Hoping to improve my flexibility and build muscle tone to help the pain of the fibromyalgia.

Stay warm!

tracking says January 8, 2016 , 12:06 pm
Delivered, Garage or Other Location at Address

Becky oh becky come out to play let us know if you have the robin this find day please :) tracking says it was let at your home :) did you find it ??

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Hey guys!! The Robin arrived yesterday and mom in law picked it up by accident and surprised me with it this morning.. what an amazing way to start the day!! I've got my house cleaned up to a point I'm okay with leaving it and I'm going to dive in to my early birthday present now (my birthday is on the 12th)!!

BTW it's been a hectic time these past few months and that's why I've been MIA.. I won't get into details but I am now looking at 2016 with hopeful optimism! I plan on using my current seed stash and new ones from this box to get back into gardening hardcore this year since it's my happy place to be and what's the point of living if your not happy, right? So thank you to all for the little slice of happines you packed in this box! 😄🌱🌻🌼

Will have her back in the air Monday and will get in touch with next in line and Susie with all the tracking info. Hugs and ttyl!

so glad you found it :) but then wasn't really lost :) glad you have the weekend to play :) .
happy seed diving :)

Natick, MA

Becky, Sorry to hear 2015 was not a great year for you. I have to say in some ways, it was not my best year either (injuries mostly). I hope that 2016 is a GREAT year for you, and I can relate to the "throw yourself into gardening" as it's SO enjoyable--and reaps great rewards! HAPPY early BIRTHDAY!

Ocean Springs, MS

Becky, have fun! The box is packed with goodies! :-)

I want to be able to go out and garden to my heart's content! Fibromyalgia has kept me indoors for almost the past two years. It's a "lonely" disease... Sometimes I feel like I'm just watching the world go by. Meds have helped some with the pain, but it's the side effects. One is heat sensitivity, and the humidity here just makes it worse. I am determined to go outside this year and garden away. I'm aiming for a cottage style garden that doesn't need much maintenance! I'm also going to fill in the wet spots of my yard with cannas, water irises, gingers,and any other plant that will grow in wet areas.

Y'all keep warm! ♥

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Becky, my 2015 was a lousy year for me also, I lost a nephew and my Mom. Sure hope that this year is a better one. We are under a winter advisory so really glad that I took a sick day for tomorrow. I can stay in and watch it snow and read. Kathy

gm sorry been mia internet date overages NO Fun will be back to normal the 13th :)

Gm All
will I'm sure the robin will land today I Don't have a Tracking # so patty will you let us Know Please . If it arrives today :)

Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

Just checking in. . . I'm next after Patty. I'll be here so just send it on when you get done.

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Thanks Val and Julie.. I am being optimistic about 2016! 😄 Julie, so sorry to hear about the fibromyalgia.. that sounds terrible.. will be praying for you to feel better!

Guys I am so sorry the robin has been here longer than the 2-3 days.. I had it ready to go out yesterday and then hubby came home early from work to surprise me for my birthday!! It was fun but now I hope I am not in too much trouble for keeping her too long.. I promise I added a TON to it to make up for it! Anyway, I am on my way out the door, have to run errands and will swing by the post office.. will give Susie the tracking info when I have it. All the side trades are in snack sized bags in the side trade bag and labeled with your name so please look in there if we had decided to do one.

There is really a ton of seeds in that box.. it's always fun to see what everyone puts in there and I imagine all of us to have the most glorious gardens.. well except for mine lol, I already said it was a rough year, and you'd never know a gardening freak lives here by looking at my landscaping haha.. okay gotta run! Have a great hump day and rest of week and TuckersMom -- hope you're ready to dive in! Will send you the tracking number when I get it also!

Happy Blated Birthday I Try to check for Birthdays but my internet date had to many overages this month so going to be a big bill Next Month :( .

happy gardening all Dee good to know your there I really thought the robin was going to be at your door steps ON THE 18th :)))

Natick, MA

Becky,
HAPPY Belated BD!! Hope your hubby took you out and treated you special :)
Val

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Its getting closer! I've never waited this long for the robin before...its okay though. Lots going on here. Prepping to be licensed for foster care so we can adopt a 6 year old who has been in foster care for 15 months now. It will be exciting to have a "little one" in the house again. Mine are 16 and 11. He loves the garden and fresh tomatos from the plant! I may have a garden buddy yet! Mine sure aren't interested at this stage.

Ocean Springs, MS

Bless you, Minnesippi, for opening your heart and home to this child. And I hope you have lots of gardening days together! ♥

Please pray for my mom. She has been so sick that she hasn't been able to keep anything but water down for 2 weeks. She is having an endoscopy and colonoscopy done Monday morning. She has also been very hard to be around, saying spiteful and hurtful things. I have cried every day this week because of something she has said. 3 months of counseling down the drain! And my mom never owns up to her behavior; she never says "I'm sorry." I'll do whatever I can for her, but it's coming to the point that it's hard to hold my tongue. So, please pray for me, too.

Well, happy to see the robin flying again! Have fun!

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

Prayers for both of you Julie.

julie Hold in there MY Mother never in her life time said a cuel word to or about anyone & the last 3wks of her life she would tell people to go away , or tell them they stink for some were smokers & She never did .

so it is not about you when they are in pain of any type their mind is hurting also ; & so just love her & agree & Understand they do not know they are hurting you .

up-date What ever this means January 15, 2016 , 5:55 am
Departed USPS Facility
NTX P&DC
Sso Patti should have the package on Tuesday Since Monday is MLK Day the post office will be closed on monday .

(Patti) Wichita, KS(Zone 6b)

Julie, my heart is with you. My mom has never had much of a censor function, but as she is going into dementia, I metaphorically put my armor on when I'm going to be around her. I never know what's going to come out of her mouth and some of it can cut like a knife. In all likelihood, she doesn't have any idea what she's saying, so don't let it derail you. Please realize that it is your choice, hon. It doesn't have to undo three months of therapy. I'm really saying please don't take it personally. Of course, you are both in my prayers.

It looks like Tuesday will be the day for the Robin to land. I'm getting so excited. I was really hoping for today but, oh well. I have gotten to where I just try to take life one day at a time and not fight it. It's too exhausting. LOL

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words. She spent the evening in the ER because she was dehydrated. They pumped her full of fluids and sent her home. I am taking her to her procedure Monday, but all of this information comes from my sister... not my mom. I will put on my armor, as you said, and try to let it go. It just really hurts when I tell her that I love her and she hangs up on me! I've done nothing wrong! And my heart is breaking yet my pride is telling me to protect myself! It's just a mess!

I love you all, Julie ♥

wellrobin has left witchita & should land tomorrow at patti's hope everyone is safe & Happy :)

Susie, I think you meant to say the Robin will land at my house in Wichita tomorrow. LOL

The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item departed our USPS destination facility in WICHITA, KS 67276 on January 18, 2016 at 1:48 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

That is the same thing it said when I sent the Robin out to Julie! What Is up with USPS???Julie, sorry to hear about your mom, I know it must be hard on both of you. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Natick, MA

Hang in there, all...the USPS is not without it's bumps and bruises....I've had a couple fairly recent interesting experiences. One was plants last fall that were supposed to be delivered, I waited and then at 6pm realized they never came! I checked the tracking and it said it was undeliverable due to the wrong address! The next a.m. bright and early, I was at the PO explaining I was waiting for that package and was it still there, and it turned out they "found it" after 25 minutes of searching..and said it was going out with the mail carrier that day to be delivered AND it turned out there was NOTHING wrong with the address or zipcode,so what the heck?? He told me I must have misread/misunderstood as they just got that package that am. I wished I had printed out the usps update from the night before to show him.

A week or 2 ago, a friend sent me a package of seeds, priority mail. The receipt said ONE day priority mail (at the 2 day rate). That package got stalled somewhere in her state for several days and it took a week for it to arrive.

I suspect the robin is safe, just the one of the USPS's entertaining moments where they want to keep you guessing.

Ocean Springs, MS

Thank you all again for keeping Moma in your prayers. Her procedure went well. She has diverticulitis really bad. They removed 2 polyps. She was in such a good mood when I got her home and settled. She wanted coffee! I guess that's where I get it! LOL

Hope the robin lands tomorrow!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

(2nd try here due to using the temp degree symbol and losing my 1st post)

Diverticulitis is aweful! My FIL haf many bouts of it and finally had surgery to remove some parts. Pain does weird things to people. Hopefully it has passed. Bless your heart for standing by her.

Saw "our little man" tonight at wrestling practice. He got a trophy in a tourney yesterday. Im fortunate to be able to see him every day at school. Our home visit is tomorrow. Im on pins and needles. Our home is old and has some cosmetic issues. Hopefully it wont hinder any of the processes.

Im dying for the robin. Have had my seeds out for months. I was going to do some winter sowing but its -22 degrees here (for days now). Even dirt in my garage is frozen.

Minnesippi, good luck with the home visit tomorrow. I'm sure you're excited. (grin)

I will be home all day tomorrow. I do have plans in the morning, so will not immediately be able to get into the seeds, but I won't be leaving the house. I will post when it arrives.

Julie, great news about your mom. I was so glad to read it.

Ocean Springs, MS

Minnesippi, you are going to do fine with the home visit! If i didn't have fibromyalgia, I might consider it myself. sure would love to have a young one in the house! ♥

Thank you all again for your encouragement with Moma. I love her with all my heart, and I'm trying to remember that when she lashes out at me, it may not be because of me!

Love to all ♥

Natick, MA

Minnesippi, my thoughts are with you! I'm sure things will go well, but understand you can't help but worry til it's done! You have been waiting a LONNGGGG time for those seeds -- But I am sure you will find it worth it when it finally arrives! ;o)

Holy cow, I can't believe how cold it is out in MN! Our temps have been pretty mild overall, warmest Dec. ever (Boston), but cold front came thru this weekend, it's 19 degrees this morning and the wind is howling..BRRR - Hope everyone is staying warm and toasty!

Julie, glad things are better with your mom! It is not easy, being in your shoes. Hang in there and take one day at a time.

The Robin has landed! The box is in great shape so I have no idea where it's been. It's here now; that's the main thing. Later!

Natick, MA

Great news! Thanks for letting us know Patti! I bet we wont be hearing from for you for the next couple days til the robin is ready to go out again :)
ENJOY!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images