My Jatropha podagricas just sprouted leaves

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I have several beautiful Jatrophas with nice caudexes from a friend that are doing great in my house on stones with water in a tray. They are under fluorescents and I also mist them often. Look at the differences in the new leaves that have formed since I got them a couple of months ago.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Decatur, GA

I know I posted a reply to this several days ago but it seems to be gone. Grrr.
Anyway mine seem to be enjoying being watered recently and are putting out leaves and flowers. They get some weak sunshine this time of year and I am surprised to see them rallying.
I hope this post works. Not a happy camper with all these difficult changes here at DG. Someone said if it ain't broke don't fix it and thats exactly how I am feeling.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Helen, They are trying to set DG up for better use on IPhones, etc. That to me is why they are changing. I do love the Jatrophas! I would love to see one flower!

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9a)

Jatropha in flower. Can you find it?

Thumbnail by turtlewalker342
Decatur, GA

I can see it. Is that recent?

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9a)

Yes, just a few days ago. They re-seed them·selves all over my yard

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

OOoh, more Jatropha pics please!

Bradenton, FL(Zone 9a)

Seedling coming up.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Here is my Jatropha today. No flowers yet but the leaves are about 6 inches across!

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Decatur, GA

Looking good Nancy. It will flower soon. Are you giving it fertilizer?

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Helen, I have not been on DG very often lately. My garden club: Central Arizona Cactus and Succulent Society is on Facebook and I post there a lot. You should look at the site. Really good! My Jatrophas are doing great but still have not flowered. They are under lights inside because the temps here went from 90's to 115º in one day! My poor plants! Anyway, I have fed the Jatrophas but maybe not enough. I will feed more often now and hope for blooms!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.