Posting pics to threads

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

My pictures always appear sideways when I post them, but they are upright on my computer. This had never happened before the changes in format. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

Washington, MO

Have you tried to convert the picture in jpg format? They are usually better uploaded in this way. Here's the list of formats that are allowed to be uploaded in the size less than 20 Mb - http://topessaywriter.org/buy-cheap-essays.html and there's also a pics extensions list.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

The post by leewalker looks like SPAM - DO NOT CLICK ON LINK.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Quote from goldhillal :
My pictures always appear sideways when I post them, but they are upright on my computer. This had never happened before the changes in format. Can anyone help me figure out what to do?

Newer devices like smart phones and tablets (and even newer cameras) have an accelerometer internally so they know what the orientation is when you take the photo and that is recorded in the details (well most of the time they know what the orientation is). A more up to date program (app - website) will look at this "flag" and orient the picture to what it was when the photo was taken. Unfortunately DG and many websites plus photo software in general have not updated their software to take note of these flags. I reorient the photos on my laptop to what they should be in this case so they are presented correctly when I post them on line. You may have to do some web searches to find out what to do with your specific computer and programs to orient your photos.

With the advent of smartphones and Facebook (to name one site), people expect everything to just be "automatic". Unfortunately or fortunately this is still the real world.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.