Back on Daves Garden

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

Liza and I are in Okeechobee, FL. for the winter

Thomaston, CT

Happy you are there.....the pup is sooo cute!

Atkinson, NH(Zone 5a)

HI ROBINDOG: The pup in the picture is no longer with us he is on another journey.
The two in the attached photos are here with us.

Thumbnail by JWLW Thumbnail by JWLW
Thomaston, CT

My Suey in my photo is no longer with me either......I now have a small standard poodle, Nicki...one of these days I'll have her photo up......

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

My brother used to fish in Okeechobee. He loved it. He invited me to go many times but I was chicken. He would leap off the boat into the water ( I heard tales ) and I just did not want to be marooned on water while he was in the belly of an alligator. I hear there is a big snake hunt going on in the Everglades...that seemed a bit crazy. Last time 88 snakes caught or 188 .... out of thousands in the water. I guess that poison or birth control might impact other animal species adversely.

This message was edited Jan 21, 2016 11:37 AM

Thomaston, CT

My cousins rented a home on the St. John's River about 7 or 8 years ago when my husband & I lived in The Villages....we went to visit them......they had brought their yellow lab with them, took him in the boat.....he saw a duck & jumped in....within seconds an alligator was there, but they managed to haul the dog back into the boat....scary, though!

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Wow. I just knew it wasn't for me.

this is a good time of year to be in florida.
Bet it is beautiful

Thomaston, CT

We sold our place the year before my DH passed......I do miss it during Jan. & Feb., but that's it....glad I'm in New England for the rest of the year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.