And we came from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1342227/

Here's a kickoff image...peek a boo!

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Back at ya.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
(Zone 5a)

I am not even sure what I was thinking when taking this picture of the Western Meadowlarks. The second is still a bird, just domestic. She must be learning from my children who don't like having their pictures taken. They make bad faces, turn their heads or move at just the wrong time.

Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Camera shy.

(Zone 5a)

She was having a bad day overall, having to be brought in because she was not standing up in the coop. I have to wonder, do chicken legs fall asleep like people's? She was barely able to stand when she was put on the bathroom floor, but slowly she regained motion, getting herself stuck between the wall and the washer. Chickens are so curious.

I was trying to get a nice picture of her ear muffs, the little puff of feathers that cover the ears.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

How is she doing now?

(Zone 5a)

She is doing fine now, no more problems. :)

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Here's a very cute picture of an American Tree Sparrow...well, at least the American Tree Sparrow had a cute tail end. :o)

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
Christchurch, New Zealand

the plums on my Damson are ripening again and I have been trying to get photos of the wax eyes.
They are happy to sit & wait for me to run in & grab the camera - but as soon as I point it in their direction they fly away.

Thumbnail by dalfyre Thumbnail by dalfyre
Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

You got the same end of your bird that I did of mine. :o) Pretty plums, though.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Now here's a challenge: Try beating these for the worst photos of the year!

This bird was looking for food in the airport in Savannah, Georgia. I picked little pieces of a (healthy, natural, organic) cereal bar and scattered them around.

It looks like a sparrow, but I'm not sure what kind.

This message was edited Feb 9, 2016 6:53 PM

Thumbnail by Muddy1 Thumbnail by Muddy1
(Zone 5a)

House sparrow, non-native to the US. Airports are fine habitat for them. :)

I've got some doozies on my camera, just need to get them on the computer.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Chillybean!

(Zone 5a)

My camera has this bad habit of cutting off heads. ;) At least much of the head is on the first one. This Cooper's was not happy at the moment.

I have a hard time taking pictures of the birds in between the bird tape stripes. The big picture window was prone to bird strikes because of how large it is and it reflects the sky perfectly. I may mumble about photo taking, but since that tape was put on, we are not aware of any window-caused deaths since then.

For fun, can you guess the last two pictures?

Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean Thumbnail by Chillybean
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from Chillybean :
For fun, can you guess the last two pictures?

Not sure on #2, but #3 is a female Red-winged Blackbird

Resin

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

That's a great photo of the unhappy hawk! I can tell by its tucked-up leg and fluffed-up feathers that it was cold.

I don't recognize #2 and I wouldn't have guessed that #3 was a female Red-winged Blackbird. Good ID, Resin.

(Zone 5a)

We've had quite a cold snap here, Muddy. Tonight it will get down to -6. The Cooper's took a couple days away from the area, so gave my little birds a break. They've been filling themselves up well.

Bird #2 was a Harris's Sparrow and Resin was correct with the Red-winged Blackbird.

Vienna, VA(Zone 7a)

It wasn't that cold here, but cold enough to give the birds huge appetites. Fortunately the squirrels stayed tucked away in their nests.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Hi everyone, here I've a few awefully bad looking photos of migrants passing through our area. The white flock of birds are Pelicans, I'm not sure what is the dark flock. DH though there were American Coots. But there are white patches on some of them that tell me they're Not coots.

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Zone 5a)

I actually kind of liked this one, but my husband says it makes him dizzy.

Thumbnail by Chillybean
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quote from Lily_love :
Hi everyone, here I've a few awefully bad looking photos of migrants passing through our area. The white flock of birds are Pelicans, I'm not sure what is the dark flock. DH though there were American Coots. But there are white patches on some of them that tell me they're Not coots.

Missed this before with the posting date bug - they're Lesser Scaup.

Resin

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Chilly, I have to say I agree with your husband. :o)

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank Resin.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Here is an abstract pic of a Downy Woodpecker in mid-takeoff mode. I think it blends in nicely with the background.

(Zone 5a)

LOL, oops. The picture got lost somehow.

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Ha Ha...Thanks Chilly! I guess it's more abstract than I realized. :o)

Here's the pic (I think).

Thumbnail by nutsaboutnature
Pueblo, CO(Zone 5b)

The rocks are Turkey tails. My sister and I were thinking that they are lighter colored in Winter than Summer

Thumbnail by pollengarden
PERTH, Australia

Quote from Chillybean :
I actually kind of liked this one, but my husband says it makes him dizzy.

I love it! Enter it in a photo competition.

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Chillybean I kinda liked it too, it is an Impressionist photo!

(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the comments on my Blackbird mess! Here's another blackbird, a Yellow-headed.

See the smile in the second picture. LOL

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Ooooh, Chilly...I like that second pic. It looks kind of like a Van Gogh painting!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.