Morning Glories 2016 #02

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Dr. says I will be in the hospital, 2-4 days. I hope it is 2 days, not 4! I will have home therapy for 2 weeks, then I can drive and go to town for more therapy.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Debra.
Linda hope you're out in 2 days. I'm sure you'll come thru your surgery fine
and they will let you out early. We always recoop faster in the comfort of our own home. :-)

Gautier, MS

I'm also hoping your upcoming surgery goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery Linda.

A pic of Blue Marble from 2009! Unfortunately the seeds were not (true).

Thumbnail by helenahkh

A drop dead gorgeus MG Helena. Even my Blue Marble Not did not come true from sds the last couple of yrs.. In 2012, it made some beautiful blooms for me. I did not mark the sds, something I now regret. The blooms were very close to your Blue Marble.
All these from Sept 2012
Blue marble Not
China doll not
Purple Tie Dye
Pink Tie Dye
Blue Tie Dye
China doll not is now lost too. None of the pollen I tried produced any sds

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

These are all beautiful morning glories ladies. Sorry the china doll pollen failed.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I know I have lost quite a few special mgs b/c of them being sterile and not producing any seeds. It does make one regret, glad we can enjoy the pictures though.

Thanks Linda and Helena..
Yes our pics are all we have for some of these beauties. I will try the rest of my BMN sds this spring

Gautier, MS

Hope you do start them Jackie, really want to see what you get.
Here's another one that was gorgeous, my tie dye purple!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, that purple tie dye is beautiful.

Drop dead gorgeous PTD bloom Helena, Love the rays spreading out from the throat area.
A real beauty !!!

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, have I missed you all. Looks like I missed some beautiful blooms as well..
spent all weekend digging out the west gardens, bog garden and took out all arches and planters and tubs, found MY pandy tuber Joe cut it in two pieces when he was shoveling, so I put one out by the southwest fence and one in a large planter tub.. we will seE what happens. I am getting a whole new patio, 10 i beams on the west wall, and cracks filled etc, so what a time getting everything inside and out ready. I am ANXIOUS BECAUSE ALL MY SIDE OF THE BASEMENT WHERE EVERYTHING IS CROWDED INTO WILL BE SUBJECTED TO HEAVY CEMENT DUST WHEN THEY START GRINDING, SO WE PUT UP PLASTIC SHEETS FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER IN FRONT OF THE "GROWING AREA" . *SIGH*
Linda, I hope your surgery goes well and your recovery fast!
Helena ,that last bloom is drop dead gorgeous.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. I've been working on getting more mgs into bigger pots. The weather has been perfect, warm and sunny by noon.
Sounds like you been working hard too Debra, still a lot to do by springs.
Here's Watercolor from a few years ago, just have not been able to get it to bloom like that again.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful example of that watercolor. I love it. It got up to 79 yesterday with 45 mph winds. I just know we are in for at least one blast of winter, prolly everything will be budded out , I am NOT ready for Spring yet!

Helena, that are beautiful!

Helena, Watercolor was a beauty too. Hope you can get more blooms like that
from any of those sds you might have left. :-)
I';m not ready for Spring either. Too much to do here as usual.

No mg's started here yet. Heres a pic of my Star Fruit tree I'm growing from seed.
Looks awful in the greenhouse but just trying to keep it alive till I can place it outside . It didn't like the lite potting mix so I put it in some real Baccto potting'
soil and it doesn;t like that either Maybe I'll try fruit tree potting mix/soil later on.
MG 2014.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

that IS INTERESTING, Jackie, THAT IT DOESN'T LIKE ALL THOSE SOIL MIXES. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A STAR FRUIT TREE.. KINDA LOOKS LIKE MY BLACK LOCUST. LOVE THE DARK PINK WITH WHITE TIPS//MG YOU HAVE SHOWN US.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies.

Neat plant Jackie, hope you find the right soil for it. Pretty pink mg. I hope I can get those pretty blooms from my Watercolor again. Not starting any of them yet.
I noticed today that my tropical trees and bushes are budding. I have salvia Mexicana's that didn't die back either. I hope we don't get another bad freeze here anytime soon.

Just lost my whole post cause I enlarged a pic on this thread.
Debra, the small tree seedlings at Logees are 39.95 so thought I would'
try from sds.The potting mix kept the tree too dry so placed it in the Baccto soil.
When i watered it in the actual soil, it wilted like it was too wet.so wants to'be moist I guess but no wet feet.I need to read up on it.
Helena, tired of the cold too but keep reminding myself its still winter. Glad your Salvias didn't freeze back.. They'll have a head start this spring..
This msg sitting here since noon or so. When my Dd takes over the computer, she'doesn;t bother to tell me I;ve left a msg unsent. Found it when I got the computer back at 3 am. smh

Gautier, MS

We are getting rain and maybe bad weather, praying not though.

Ready for spring or not, this is what my plants are doing? Bud on one of my mgs!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your plants are ready to start growing Helena. They all look good.
Hope you don;t get the dangerous tornadoes, a lot of them popping up now and later this evening too. I always dread this time of year, so dangerous.,

Gautier, MS

Jackie, thank God it passed us by. All we are having right now is a bit of cool wind.
Sorry to see other parts of the states with damage.

Probably will be sharing my first mg bloom tomorrow.

We lucked out too Helena. I've got the weather channel on to see whats going on
with this crazy weather. They're showing NC and Florida with warnings right now.

Be so nice to see a live mg bloom Helena. I need to throw away tons of sds, not mg's, that are so old they'll never sprout. I've got sds back to 1995, lol

Oh no, 7 fatalities due to the tornadoes. Just heard. Storms not
over yet.. Prayers to all the families affected

This message was edited Feb 24, 2016 11:20 PM

looking good, Helena. I am still waiting for the back yard and west wall to be able to go outside, it is almost done, tho. I have to work Saturday.. I have a huge bud on one of my setosa seedlings, hope it opens all the way.

Looking forward to your setosa bloom too Debra..
Linda had her surgery today. Hope she's able to let
us know how she's doing soon,..

Gautier, MS

I haven't watched the news since early yesterday but sad to see the damage and lives lost.
Hope Linda's surgery went well too.
Hoping your Setosa opens nicely Debra.

Two blooms today that I thought were going to be pink but even better, they are striped small blooms. It was pretty cold last night. I'm sure they'll bigger better blooms after it warms up.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh, those are beautiful Helena The stripes could even disappear
but I hope not, I love stripes. The cold does make our
blooms smaller but doesn't take away from the beauty of the blooms.
Just what I needed this morning. :-)

Afternoon ladies. Surgery went well. Therapist have gotten me out if bed several times for walking. I will be going home maybe tomorrow, Saturday at the latest.

Linda, so glad that your surgery went well. Esp glad that you can go home in a
day or two, great news.

We are home. We got home about 5, and I was in bed by 7. Now wide awake.

Linda, glad you're home.
Maybe have a snack and then read for a while. The
reading always puts me to sleep late at nite. :-)
I;m hitting the sack right now.

Gautier, MS

I'm glad your surgery went well Linda and that you are home resting.
Always good to be home.

I have another vine with bud maybe to open tomorrow. I was lazy and didn't go out to the g house to turn on the heat lamps last night. It's kind of a cool morning.

Can't wait to see another bloom Helena.
Its been in the 30's here at night but will be near 70 today and tomorrow.
Going to try to enjoy it,

Gautier, MS

Went to a soccer game this morning but didn't stay too long, too windy. It did warm up outside this afternoon and got way too warm in the g house after I turned on the heat lamps mid morning. I'm looking forward to the maybe 2 blooms that hopefully will open tomorrow. Had to water my mgs in g house and will turn on the heat lamps this evening.

This message was edited Feb 27, 2016 4:28 PM

I heard something new to me a few days ago. A weather person said since Feb borrowed something from March, the high winds, March will borrow something from Feb, the snow. Oh no, Not looking forward to any snow or ice,. Afraid i will fall
and break a hip Sure hope the weather person is wrong..

I hope you get your buds to open Helena.

And I hope the weather forecasters are wrong.

Gautier, MS

I hope that weather forecaster is wrong, never heard of that either Jackie.

Here are my 2 blooms for today. A light pale pink with heart leaves from Azuremore.
I'm really glad that I got this one from his gift mix, cause I know I had something like this but could not find the seeds of it. The other is a blue with small bloom. I took my little brush and am prepared this year to hand pollinate my blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh those are just beautiful Helena. Pretty blue but you know I love the soft pink, so
gorgeous. I hope you pollinate all your blooms. You will get more sds that way..

Oops got side tracked. typed this b4 lunch

loving your cheerful blooms Helena. I have never heard of that saying about the weather. Hope we don't get snow, that would put a stop to all the daffs about to pop open, the huge forsythia down the street is popping yellow and crocus are blooming everywhere.
Gllad you are doing so well, LK. I bet time will fly by for ya.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.