Great Find Of Mason Jars

Peachtree City, GA(Zone 8a)

I was at one of our local thrift stores and I saw this container of quart size mason jars. They were marked $1.00 each. I talked them down to 0.75 cents if I bought the tube of jars, which were 30 jars. They said yes. When I got the tub home I saw that they were embossed mason jars. I was able to find some info on the ones marked perfect mason but was not able to find information on the ones embossed with the fruit veggies etc. I have not taken a picture of all of the jars. Does anyone have any information on these jars?

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding

Here are 2 more pictures.

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding

And more. This first jar has a K on it with Knox embossed at the top. #2 has Mom's embossed at the top with picture of a lady embossed on it. #3 I have no idea what the picture is. #4 has perfect mason but this jar is different, it is round. This just has Ball Mason embossed on it with 2 lines on each side.

Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding Thumbnail by weeding
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Great find! I have same and similar jars from years ago that I can in every year. I'm not sure if there is a question here. Are you asking if these are for real canning jars? The Ball jars and ones with fruit I recognize. Would have to look more closely at others. Ball put out numerous jars to celebrate seasons, centennials and anniversaries. They did four sided and round. Everything you posted looks authentic. I have most of those styles and shapes in my collection.

I wanted to know things like the year of printing or occasion they were printed for. I just wanted to find out some information about the individual jars.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Have you tried here? http://www.weststpaulantiques.com/galleryofjars.html I started purchasing jars in the seventies. About five years ago my youngest son discovered several cases of vintage jars in the attic of the house he was renting that are older than anything I have. The owner had purchased the property for investment and had no interest in the jars so now I have some very lovely old jars. Nothing as fabulous as some of the colorful ones in the link. I save the oldest jars for dry food storage.

I bought them for regular canning but since some are older jars I will use them for dry storage. I share the foods I have canned with family and friends and would hate to give these away.

I found info on #4 in the first picture is a dress my cupcake, not food safe jar. I will use this one for decoration.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.