Succulent Identification

Christchurch, New Zealand

I have several succulents that I have not been able to identify from books. Can anyone help me? The first I'm sure is a euphorbia, it has milky white sap. The last picture is of the flowers of the previous picture.

Thumbnail by Greyway Thumbnail by Greyway Thumbnail by Greyway Thumbnail by Greyway Thumbnail by Greyway
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Possibly Euphoria caput-medusa I'm still trying to identify the Crassula.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

The second picture is a Haworthia possibly coarctata but there are a couple of others that look similar.

Reno, NV(Zone 6b)

The first is Medusa in all her glory - even a couple cristata in there so call it Euphorbia caput medusae cristata.

The second does look like Haworthia. No idea which one.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

You might look through here to identify Haworthia: http://succulent-plant.com/families/aloaceae/haworthia.html

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

Haworthia is either coarctata or, more likely, reinhardtii. Next 'Haworthia-like' plant maybe Aloloba (have several of these and sure look alike). Don't even know what that last photo is of... but sort of looks like dilapidated Gasteria flowers. First plant does indeed look like Euphorbia caput-medusae

Sodwana Bay KZN, South Africa

Hi greyway,

Your last plant is Astroloba rubriflora. It previously used to be known as Poellnitzia rubriflora, before they had a go at re-classifying Aloe / Haworthia / Astroloba and the likes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.