weather in the garden # 140!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Yes, our rain yesterday while near 60 F was useful. I took a walk along the Charles River where I noticed it was higher. So nice not to have to drag a hose to water the newest plants too. They all look happy.

South Hamilton, MA

53 a the top of the day here. My time runs out Nov. 13 & will not renew. I just had to wait for the print to come up. annoying site. Look for me as irisarian on NGA when Victor started NE on cubits I thought I needed a new name. should have known better, Bill have you heard from Victor?

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 55 for today....am cleaning & filling bird feeder...hopefully, bears are hibernating....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Same here but it got overcast at 4 pm. Good weather for garden work. I think I worked like a farm hand today, and it does look better.

Thomaston, CT

Was busy today, but it was too chilly & windy to work in the garden anyway.......

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Have not heard from Victor in a long time. Don't think he is on cubits either. Have not visited that site for at least a year. seemed to be more conversations than gardening going on.

Went out yesterday and picked a bunch of jm leaves in there fall colors. going to attempt to preserve then with glycerin and water. Anyone ever try this?

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I haven't tried glycerin,Bill, but I thought I heard of using common water based floor sealer, and the old wax paper pressed in a book method, but I think that gets too dry. Please let us know how it goes. The JM leaves must look glorious!

South Hamilton, MA

40s again today. I do more with irises on NGA. Is there a Japanese Maple site there? I know we have NE weather.

Thomaston, CT

Never tried that leaf preservation, but I hope it works well for you, Bill! This is the 1st year my no- name JM has some color....it's bright gold....love it!

South Hamilton, MA

In the 50s today. cooler. tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Raining lightly & 40.....the Hartford news said last night out town had gone from a low of 26 to a high of 70 yesterday.....crazy weather!

South Hamilton, MA

I the 50s today. strange. My membership ends Sunday. Marilyn I will see on other sites/ Bill & Rosemary I am not sure. I read you even if I can no longer post.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & very windy.....55 for a high....not bad for Nov. 11! See you Iris, if this computer continues to function!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

never was able to find the food based glycerin, think I will continue to look and have it for the ready next year. It is now time to begin the big rake since almost all leaves are down.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Best of wishes to you Iris! Will miss you! maybe you will decide to come back. As for me, I'm pretty invested in keeping my plant journal going,and I still enjoy the threads,
so I expect to keep this site going.

South Hamilton, MA

Using the mechanics of this site is just annoying. I 'm irisarian on other sites. Good luck to all & especially no longer drought.

South Hamilton, MA

by the way, 35 quite windy.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny, but high of only 45 today.....back to warmth tomorrow!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Aw, I miss the weather reports! last weekend was partly cloudy and in 60s on Saturday and mid forties and overcast on sunday after overnight rain. It was great to finish a ton of gardening tasks and to plant a few new ones on sale too. Picea Abies Formanek in a 5 gallon container was only $25. so what if it was rootbound? Worth the risk after serious root pruning.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

I agree Rosemary - you can always trim those roots.

Thomaston, CT

My weather has been less than stellar! 4" of snow, but it has mostly melted....my son's town hit the CT jackpot...18.5"....my sister's town...not one flake! Someone gave me a winterberry shrub for an early birthday present....will plant in the spring.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

We had overnight snow a few days ago--must have been headed your way. Lets hope for a decent winter, and for now, Happy Thanksgiving. Looking sunny outside my house at the moment...

Thomaston, CT

Happy Thanksgiving to all......it's partly sunny here, rain moving in this evening.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.