weather in the garden # 140!

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 60 for today.....only good gardening for awhile.....

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

57 already and sunny here. No wind. Last day for burning permits in my town. It will be busy here! Also raking and edging because of two graduations later this month. A party is due!

South Hamilton, MA

51 predicted high for the day. overcast & rain predicted for this afternoon.

Thomaston, CT

Rosemary, cannot believe the triplets are graduating already....time flies! Showery here, temp in the 40s.....

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

good weekend for yard work and glad the rain held off today.

South Hamilton, MA

We had some rain in spirts.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Same here. Now very sore from a weekend of yard work, but the shrubs and fruit trees needed work. Like marathon runners, I like it when it's not too hot.

South Hamilton, MA

47 raining again but not hard, just annoying.

Thomaston, CT

Same here, Lucy.....article in today's paper confirmed what I suspected....no peach crop in CT this year.....

South Hamilton, MA

What a shame. 47 showers feels cold with the wind off the ocean.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the couple cold days here killed some buds on jm's that I had kept in the garage over the winter. they will not die, just have to use up extra energy leafing out.

need the rain hope it continues until the weekend as predicted.

Thomaston, CT

Enough rain here.....my gardens look like mud pits! And yet it will continue for another 3 days.....UGH

South Hamilton, MA

raining now will continue with short breaks tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Just awful weather....high of 50 today...maybe!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

need the rain so i will take it.

South Hamilton, MA

I agree--our april rain. We are 1.34 inches under the norm. However over the last 3 days we have had about 2 inches.

Thomaston, CT

Rained again this morning....will rain again this pm.....maybe sun tomorrow....feel like a mole!

Staten Island, NY(Zone 6a)

It's been raining all week but I had a widow of opportunity to plant a few bush beans ,pole beans and transplanted my Zucchini plant .I just can't wait to put in the rest of my other plants.

South Hamilton, MA

55 partly sunny rain predicted for tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Raining once again! A whole week lost to rain....probably won't see rain again until June!

South Hamilton, MA

47 rain off & on. some tomorrow

South Hamilton, MA

early showers, but 56 at 11 am. overcast

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

worked most of the day yesterday out in the yard and in between taking my MIL out for lunch today. Drizzle was not too bad.

Thomaston, CT

You're a good guy, Bill, to take your MIL out......my family came here & I cooked! The sun finally appeared this afternoon.....

South Hamilton, MA

57 supposed to hit 60 even near the coast. alternate clouds & sun.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 70 today.....very windy, though, so no gardening....maybe tomorrow....

South Hamilton, MA

sunny & going to the mid 60s. nice for a change.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

yup - it is going to be a two mow week for sure.

South Hamilton, MA

DH did some mowing in the wide grass paths around the iris beds.

South Hamilton, MA

61 this early in the morning. Difficult to adjust have being in the 40s so long.

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 70 today....my lawn guy broke his wrist....my lawn is a hay field...he better send someone to mow soon! Have a few dwarf iris in bloom, but not many blooms this year on any of my iris.....don't know why.....

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

We are supposed to have 35F and frost on Saturday night. What the hay?

South Hamilton, MA

59 into the 40s at night. Rain tonight or tomorrow.

Thomaston, CT

Frost warnings are up here for Sat. night also....after 2 days of 80 degree weather, today is cloudy, temp will be around 70....rain coming in for this afternoon...

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

had me clicking to a weather report - have just gotten the veggies outside to harden off - will probably bring them in Saturday night.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Glad to help...?

South Hamilton, MA

sunny 59 going to the low 70s. rain yesterday, not sure how much.

Thomaston, CT

Frost is actually for Sunday night.....predicting bad T-storms with hail for tonight....not what we need.....I won't plant my tomatoes & peppers until next weekend...WFF has their big tomato event next Friday-Sunday....I usually stop by, & buy my heritage plants there.....

South Hamilton, MA

52 only going to 60. I have not heard about frost.

Thomaston, CT

Only 50 right now.....snow in northern VT, NH, & ME tonight.....all my plants will be in tonight!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.