weather in the garden # 140!

South Hamilton, MA

42 sunny no frost. high of 50 today.

Thomaston, CT

No frost here either, but temps were in the 30s...warming to 60 today.....

South Hamilton, MA

53 overcast -- sunny later today.

Thomaston, CT

Sun this morning, then the clouds sailed in.....temp seems to be settling down, so I will try to plant this weekend....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Is it October? or maybe March cause it definitely doesn't feel like the middle of May! Currently raining

South Hamilton, MA

55 sunny into the 60s today

Thomaston, CT

High temp of 65 today with mostly clouds.....am trying to rip out hundreds of campanula plants!

South Hamilton, MA

Don't you like them? Into the 60s now, but I still needed a sweatshirt.

Thomaston, CT

Love the purple flower, but they have underground runners & choke all the other plants out.....Cloudy & cool, more showers for this afternoon....

South Hamilton, MA

60 partly sunny.

South Hamilton, MA

61 partly sunny Going over 70.

Thomaston, CT

Should be low 70s here....am headed to WFF for Tomatomania....

Thomaston, CT

Cloudy today with showers in the afternoon....I planted all my tomatoes....dahlias, too

South Hamilton, MA

60 overcast on & off drizzle

Thomaston, CT

Cleared here at noon....sun & 72...now clouds are moving in....

South Hamilton, MA

48 going to 68. sunny

Thomaston, CT

Sunny & 75 for today...then showers later this afternoon....will be out planting soon!

South Hamilton, MA

We have been away, so missed 90 temp. In the high 50s now.

Thomaston, CT

I was away also, but it was 90 in NH.....brutal! Cooler today, but very humid after much needed showers.......

South Hamilton, MA

69 going into the 80s today. but we have a cool house & I have a great deal of 'catch up' to do.

Thomaston, CT

Should be sunny & 80s here....breezy...low humidity...very nice!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

warm again today - the weeds are taking over.

South Hamilton, MA

in the 60s today. 'cooler near the coast' GREAT!

Thomaston, CT

Another 80 day here....you're right, Bill...the weeds are loving it! So is the PI!

South Hamilton, MA

It has been cool in the high 60s. We are about 5 miles from the ocean as the crow flies & 10 miles by road.

Thomaston, CT

I saw on the weather map that your temps were very cool...my stepson is up in Maine along the coast....same thing up there.....Sunny & 70s here today.....nice temp to weed!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

chilly

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Very nice 70F at Fortescue, NJ for dinner tonight.

Thomaston, CT

Glad you have good weather! Hot & humid here today....showers tomorrow....

South Hamilton, MA

In the 70s here & overcast. Showers this morning.

South Hamilton, MA

63 showers predicted

Thomaston, CT

High of 65 for today...showers later in the afternoon.....good temp to work in the garden....my south garden is full of invasive plants, I need to get them out!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the grass is growing like crazy

Thomaston, CT

Had to turn on the heat this morning! Am waiting for the temp to rise so I can go out & work.....the lawn in back of the house looks nice....the front? Awful! Full of violets, dandelions, & pussy toes....

South Hamilton, MA

63 sunny, but a brisk wind. DH has been cutting beech seedlings from the front lawn,

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

the pollen from the white pines has been horrible.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi all. Im back! Speaking of white pines. Are other people seeing the white pine needles turning brown this year? Mine is a little bit affected. Apparently the weather and the fungi are to blame.

Thomaston, CT

Yes...lots of brown pines here in CT, & I noticed many coming down I-91 in VT & MA.....I have no white pines left in my yard, but pollen from the hemlocks & spruce is all over the place....when it rained, my driveway was green! Another great day for working in the garden...temps will be in the 70s.....still windy, though....

South Hamilton, MA

Supposedly pine pollen is ending. Hope so. 69 only going to be in the 70s. I hope so.

Thomaston, CT

Temp has dropped to 62 this afternoon while wind picked up to 30-40 mph....can't work outside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.