Another Snake

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm glade I went out today to work on the raised vegie beds.There was another large snake caught in the bird netting. The bird netting definitely got removed from the raised beds. I passes by him twice and did not see him. He was the color of the brown mulch around the raised beds. I thought he was dead because he was not moving and he was dry. He must have been there a day or two. I poked him with a stick and he moved. I was glade because he was a rat snaked. I went in the house and got my snake stick to hold his head while I cut him out of the bird netting. He really perked up after I picked him up with the snake stick and placed him among the gazillion flower pots, so my dog Max would not get him.

Thumbnail by weeding
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I would have died on the spot..

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I would have died on the spot..

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

If I can see that it is not poisonous it does not scare me very much. I saw a cat in my neighbor's yard swiping at something and I went to check it out. It was my snake. I had to chase the cat away. There I was talking at the snake about getting out of the front yards. My neighbors will kill a snake in a heart beat. They don't care that it is illegal to kill non-poisonous snakes in georgia. I have asked them to consider the fact that they also help to keep the poisonous snakes away. I thought it was a little early for them to be out of snake hibernation.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I found a snake in my flower garden on a warm day in Jan. I let it be as it wasn't poisonous and as you pointed out they keep poisonous snakes away. I've found a couple caught in bird netting but the fire ants got to them first. I don't put bird netting on the ground anymore. Lol

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I found a copperhead next to my raised bed a couple years ago. He's no longer alive it goes without saying.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

We had the same thing happen with a possible king snake. Got caught in netting. My hubby & I worked together to get him cut out of the netting. Quite hilarious! Mark was fine but I kept screeching everytime the snake moved! No more netting on the ground here either!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I wish I could find some king snakes. I had one in the yard when I first moved in the house. They are the best snakes to have in the yard to keep out the unwanted snakes and other vermin.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images