Eastern Phoebes Nesting 2016

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The New Family. The love birds arrival took me by surprise. A delightful surprise for these birds have nested here in years past. The nesting site however was vacant for many -a -year. In early Spring I heard them sung, I was hoping, longing for their return. They're finally here, and are actively building their nest. Oh joy!

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Lilies are so pretty. My Asiatics are blooming now.
I'm assuming the phoebes are at the lights at the top of the garage? We have phoebes, but I don't know where they nest.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Yes, of all places the little ones decided to pick the flood light. I'm all so thankful they did. Big smile! Further more they proved that I was wrong. I thought they were meant to be reclusive. ... but here they come for they have a task to be accomplished . Building their nest.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Good news! Today is the 2nd day I saw the Eastern Phoebes sitting on nest.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Update; the Phoebes are doing well. I had DH blocked off the floodlights so that the birds can raise their young safely. Here's one of the parent bird's preening itself yesterday evening.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

My Phoebes don't come to feeders. I do see them catch bugs in our yard.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

The birds are more like flycatcher, they don't come to grains / seeds feeders indeed. Here's momma or papa foraging below. I have a hard time differentiate this species from other song birds, until they perch they then flick their tail feathers -- that's my "ah ha" moments.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

I watched the Phoebe catch bugs in the air today. It was sitting on the cucumber trellis. I think they are fun to watch.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I have made a conclusion that there's no greater love than parental love! For the parent bird's faithfully standing by the nest even under oppressive high heat this early Summer. It's registered 94 degree F. out.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

And love won! My little momma and papa withstood the adversity to raise their young. By the look of it, these little ones are about to pledge any day now! I'm proud to present you my little Phoebe family:

Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love Thumbnail by Lily_love
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Ah, so cute.
My Bluebirds parents have fledged their second brood. Now, we have four babies showing up at the feeders along with the parents. So cute and enjoyable.
I feed them mealworms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.