SCREEN SHOTS

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Could someone explain how to do a screenshot, in simple terms? I still use windows 7.

I am having some issues with the computer being slow. Need some clues of where to look to see what is slowing everything down.

thanks in advance of whatever help you can give me.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Pressing PRT-SC (print screen) puts the entire windows image on the clipboard. Use any photo editor and paste the image there. Save it in whatever format the program allows (JPG is preferable for posting and email). ALT+PRT-SC will copy the active window to the clipboard so you won't get the entire screen shot. If you don't have a photo editor, then Microsoft's Paint will work although clunky. If you have Outlook or Word you can paste it there as well but then you are saving it as that type of message (DOC or MSG). Win10 with Dropbox included on the computer allows me to save a print screen directly to the dropbox folder but it is PNG format, not JPG.

Here is an example of a fly on a small cactus where I blew it up on the screen and did a print screen when I was viewing it in Photos.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Thanks will be trying this, and I am sure will have other questions.

Okay, different topic.

Using Windows 7, and Microsoft Works. Making a spreadsheet and want the grids to show. Someone tell me how to do this. I want to print a spreadsheet, no data entered, and use it for creating a spreadsheet with values added later.

Thanks

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Select a range and select borders from formatting - you can use basic grids in this case. Besides if you printed it without any data, you may get hundreds of blank sheets or nothing. You need a print range which is usually all cells that have data in it.

Make sure you do a print preview before doing any printing.

Oops, Just saw that you said Works instead of Excel. It has been a very long time since I used that app - it may be similar to Excel in some basic things though.

Fremont, CA(Zone 9a)

The last few versions of windows has had Snipping Tool It is under Windows accessories. I have it on my task bar as it turns how to be very handy. Select the tool, Select New and "clip" any portion of the window you want to reproduce.
Works like print screen, but with a couple of extra bells and whistles. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

Thumbnail by PotEmUp

Will try that and it sounds like it would be simple and easy. Why didn't I think of that?

Thanks bunches.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.