It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Schefflera plant care taking

Greenville, SC

Hello,
Forum members previously helped my identify my plant as a schefflera (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1375778/).

This plant has had a rough time of it, and I do not have a green thumb. Since last year, the plant has gone from 7 leaves to 3, 1 or 2 of which have recently fallen off. It also seems that there are quite a number of fungus gnats in and around the soil.

I would really like to save this plan and see it grow to full size. What can I do to nurture the plant back to full health? The original plant this came from grew to be very large, and I would like to see this plant eventually grow large as well.

Thank you!

Thumbnail by danhash
Americus, GA(Zone 8a)

Have you tried putting it outside? I have a small schefflera that I put outside on my porch at the beginning of summer. It started as a 4" tall plant and is now 12" tall and very bushy. It's shaded most of the day and gets about an hour of direct sunlight. I water it a little bit every day.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.