My Sweet Baby Girl Passed Over the Rainbow Bridge

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My Sweet 16 Baby Girl Champagne passed over the Rainbow Bridge yesterday morning at 5. I had the privilege of soothing and cuddling her as she crossed. She was laying on my chest with my arms wrapped around her till she took her last breath. She loved to cuddle and had the softest purr, you had to lay your head on her chest to hear it and it was so soft, sweet and soothing. She always buried her head under my chin to sleep. I miss her so much. :-(

This message was edited Aug 11, 2016 7:53 AM

Thumbnail by gardener105
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

My own heart aches for you. This beautiful girl had 16 wonderful long years of being loved and protected. And then when she chose her time to leave you were there to hold her and help her safely over the Rainbow Bridge. You will feel her presence in days and even years to come. The physical body may leave but her spirit will be nearby. And someday you will see her again. I believe every animal we have ever loved will be there to meet us when our own time comes.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you June. I totally agree.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

There's nothing that can break a heart like a beloved pet. I know you have wonderful memories of her and what a beautiful way that was for her to cross over the Rainbow Bridge. Peace and blessings to you.

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you for allowing her such a peaceful passing. She was with her favorite person, not in some strange place.

I had a similar kitty, who always slept with his head near mine. He was 23 when he passed away. Although he lived much longer than most cats, I cried my eyes out. My other cat needed another feline companion, so I got a wonderful cat from a shelter that makes her happy, but I will never forget my sweet Tiny, who always gazed at me like I was the most wonderful thing in the world.

I'll bet your sweet kitty did that too! And she was rewarded by your kindness in giving her a wonderful place from which to leave the earth.

Donna

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you for your replies. They mean a lot. Even though it's been a month, I still miss her so much.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

When our beloved 16 year old cat, PC, had to cross over I had him cremated and his ashes sit in a little pewter box our mantle. That was six years ago and I confess that I still talk to him every time I pass by. You will always miss your girl but one day the time may come when you are ready to open your home and heart to another one in need.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

That day has come June! :-) Autumn in front and Hallie! Will be 7 weeks Mon and getting them TODAY! :-) I HOPE THEY'RE AS GOOD OF HUNTERS AS CHAMPAGNE WAS, IF THEY ARE LOOK OUT MICE, SAGE RATS AND GOPHERS!!! LOL

This message was edited Nov 11, 2016 12:10 PM

Thumbnail by gardener105
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Congratulations! Doing a Happy Dance with you. They'll have to grow bigger than the mice and gophers before becoming Home Protectors but meanwhile you will just fill your heart with the joy of them.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you! Absolutely, they aren't much bigger than a Squirrel! LOL

Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Too darned cute! They are "growing into" their markings now and appear to be calicos rather than torties because they each have some white along with a tad of orange. I'm never clear about that but they are beauties. Are they spayed yet?

Thanks so much for the update.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you June! They're Tortoise Shell Calico's. Mainly black with orange and white. Calico's are white with orange and black patches. :-)
No, they won't be spayed until they're 6 months. I don't believe in spaying at an extremely early age.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hallie left and Autumn.

Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

I worked with cats at a local shelter for years and never did get the Tortie and Calico colors straight! I agree with waiting for the spaying. Shelters spay as early as six weeks because they cannot legally adopt them out otherwise but I never approved of that. You will have a fun Christmas with those babies!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Yeah, 6 weeks is way too young in my opinion. I don't understand why they're not adoptable if they're not spayed before 6 months. I know there's a problem with over populations, but 6 WEEKS? NO THANK YOU! I weighed them last Fri. I used a food scale and it worked perfectly, Autumn weighed 2lbs 6oz and Hallie weighed 1lb 13oz. Autumn is definitely going to be bigger. :-)

This message was edited Dec 5, 2016 12:17 PM

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

The reason shelters do this is because there is no guarantee that an adopter would keep their word and bring the kitten back for neutering even if it is done free later by the shelter! It is illegal here for shelters to adopt out any dog or cat that is not neutered.

What a happy Christmas you are going to have with your new babies! I am delighted for you.

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

gardener105..............can we see the kittens now???? I bet they are just whirling dervishes, running and playing with each other.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My goodness! I can't believe it's been so long since I've been on here! Hallie wishing the birds would come back up, they were on the ground. LOL Autumn sleeping with Koregon. They think he's dad! LOL The whole family. There first day in the Kitty Condo of which has much more toys and branches to climb on. They stay in there when I go to town or we go on a trip and the neighbors take care of them. All 3 stay in there. Koregon is 15.

Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Thanks for posting. I enjoy your kitty photos and updates. They each have their own individual personalities. :-)

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

YW and thank you! Happy New Year! I just took these.

This message was edited Jan 3, 2018 12:04 PM

Thumbnail by gardener105
Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

This message was edited Jan 3, 2018 12:07 PM

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

The rest.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I wasn't waiting long enough for them to load! LOL

Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105 Thumbnail by gardener105
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

How precious! All the wisdom of the world in those eyes. :)

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you! Hallie is a curious little thing for sure. Wisdom is coming daily! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.