It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Question about Stella D\'Oro

Amherst, VA

My Stella D'Oro lilies are new to my garden. I didn't plant them until June but I did get a few blooms from them. Recently I saw a strange growth on one ( please see attached picture). Only one plant has these pods growing out. I looked closely and it doesn't appear to be another plant growing near. I never saw this until I planted the lilies. Is this what they do when they "go to seed" ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Phil

Thumbnail by PhilS46
Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

Well, that's not a daylily! I am not sure what it is, but you got something else mixed in with Stella.
You might start a thread on the Plant Identification Forum-someone will likely recognize your seedpods.
Here is a photo of one of my daylilies with a developing seedpod.

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil
Amherst, VA

Quote from Pistil :
Well, that's not a daylily! I am not sure what it is, but you got something else mixed in with Stella.
You might start a thread on the Plant Identification Forum-someone will likely recognize your seedpods.

Pistil - Thanks for the reply. I will post it over in Plant Identification.

Phil

Lynnwood, WA

That looks like a some type of Carex species- a sedge- are the edges of the leaves sharp? With the picture provided, it is difficult to work out what the globose structure at the terminal point is, but it does look like a sedge

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images