How to make Pressed Penny Wind Chimes

Hulbert, OK(Zone 7a)

Hi there!

Years ago, I posted something about penny wind chimes on Dave's Garden, but when I recently visited the old post, I realized how bad the image was, and instructions were lacking, to say the least.

I finally got around to making a new tutorial, complete with a video. I hope you will take a look, and if you happen to make a set of chimes, please share the news with us. :-)

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-Pressed-Penny-Wind-Chimes/

To hear the sound of copper pennies in a wind chime:

https://youtu.be/BS6r94yw6cU

:-) Karen

Thumbnail by WUVIE
Toronto, Canada

This project looks (and sounds) really cool. Too bad there aren't any more pennies here in Canada. Might try making these in the future if I'm able to get some pennies.

Galloway, OH

Love this idea.....will have to try it!

Englewood, FL

Cool,Wovie, nice to hear from you or somebody, anybody, all forum participations have dropped from a posted total of 2000 to 900, I miss the old system & the people, I used to check TtoT twice a day, now once a month, maybe, I'm glad I checked today. So nice to hear from you. >>>>>>John

This message was edited Sep 5, 2018 2:45 PM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I agree John. I'll bet this is the first I've checked in a YEAR!

Southern California, CA

Great idea !! Thanks for posting.

Englewood, FL

J2222 where have you been the last couple of years?

Decatur, GA

Love this idea. Did anyone make it?
Flattening pennies sounds complicated. Could you just hammer them flat? or cut from sheets of copper?
Admit I haven't read all the instructions yet.
Love an update.
Helen

Kensington, NY

Delightful! But how do you elongate your coins?
A friend of mine does it on his job on occasion, but he
does it by driving a train ( NYC subway) over the coins.

Orofino, ID(Zone 6a)

Wow, so fun to see this especially from you, Wuvie....always appreciated your talents and will be watching to learn more from you ... Deb

Englewood, FL

Wow!! the site is still alive

Victoria Harbour, ON

Checkin in

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thanks Betty.

Englewood, FL

Maybe we can get things going again. My last project, 2 kitchen chairs & some old fencing boards blown down by hurricane Irma a couple of years ago.

Thumbnail by ifantail
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Are those drawers you build into the bottom? I like the color you chose for the frame/chairs.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lovely project..always need storage space..

Pat is into mega recycling, right now Iím recycling some table extension inserts to make a birdhouse to replace the ones that had rotted over the years..letís hope today is the day for that project.

Englewood, FL

Yes, Pet, drawers with rope handles.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2020 12:15 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.