Salvia regla

Arlington, TX

In all it's glory.

Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw Thumbnail by newtonsthirdlaw
Fort Worth, TX

Beautiful . One of my customers had a purple one the other day, don't know the variety but the bees were all over it. I didn't get a picture of it, but I did get a picture of this beauty that I don't know what is. I love new plants that I don't know the name of .

Thumbnail by Gypsi Thumbnail by Gypsi
Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow! So pretty, Cheryl!

Fort Worth, TX

not sure what it is, looks like a fancy mesquite (name long forgotten) but the leaves don't look like mesquite. I think she shops at Plant Shed, might go prowling there.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

It looks like yellow bells, or it could be yellow trumpet vine,

Fort Worth, TX

It is not a vine, a small shrub or perennial, not really woody. (I do not allow any trumpet vines on my property, they are too invasive)

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

Then if it is not a vine, probably Yellow Bells.

Fort Worth, TX

hmmm. saw another amazing flower today but will upload it much much later. Long day. Thank you Josephine

Arlington, TX

Tacoma stand on the yellow flower. I've never had one survive a typical winter here so I haven't planted one in a few years.

Arlington, TX

Ah, Tecoma stans, darn auto correct.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I've had mine in the ground for 8 years or so. I just make sure to pile a lot of leaves on top of it after the first freeze.

Fort Worth, TX

Do you cut it back Stephanie?

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, but after the freeze and sometimes not until late winter/early spring. It's always the last to come back in the spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images