second attempt-please ID this knitting pattern

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

No replies to my 1st post- can someone give me the instructions for this pattern? It is done with double strands of yarn.

Thumbnail by JoParrott
Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

sorry that no one is helping out.. I'm not sure where all the people went that were in the quilting groups, I know there were a couple knitters in our group. I'm not one of them.. lol Crochet, yes - knit, no... I've been googling images but still haven't lucked on to anything that looks like that. Have you tried any of the ya-hoo groups? I think you have to 'join' them, but they're free. Maybe check the yarn companies, like Lion or wherever you think this may have been shown on a label?

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

does this look similar, only with her using single stitch? The Pinterest post shows Purlbee.com, but I can't get the link to purlbee to work. This side note from someone who tried it and saved to her page (Manuela Stadler) has the how-to noted, I think that's what she's referencing. If you work this with 2 strands, would it be what you're looking for?
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/365002744775287785/activity/saved/

Thumbnail by Kizmo
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

That looks interesting- thanks

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

ok, this popped up in my Pinterest tonite.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/741616263608240897/
Looks like same stitch, made on some sort of loom. I tried tracing the pinterest link, but my pc kept blocking out as spam. A Google search came up with this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prz7xum6Wo4
maybe this will help, maybe not... I tried! Merry Christmas!

Thumbnail by Kizmo
Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Kizmo, thanks so much-- I have Googled crossed stockinette knit and found some patterns--Merry Christmas !

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

Yay!! I'm happy you found something, if you happen to make something out of this stitch, please post a pic. I'd like to see what you make... Thanks so much, have a wonderful Christmas!
I am no longer a paid subscriber, so as long as Dg doesn't change the free sections, I'll check back from time to time...

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I posted a few days ago but I guess it disappeared! I am making a scarf- will do photos - I also stopped subscribing here-

Marietta, OH(Zone 6a)

sorry it took me a bit to reply back, I've been out of state on Christmas vac, with my 4 yr old granddaughter. She keeps us quite active, especially at Christmas, and I don't get to visit her as often as I'd like. This site is sorta screwy, posts disappear, or don't show up as updated for days... no wonder it's thinning out.
I'd love to see your work! I made a baby afghan years back out of a tunisian crochet. It was a work of love as my limit on crochet stitches was granny squares and shells. I'm self taught, so if I got too stressed, I'd find something easier to do! lol
I did finish it finally, all white with a blue/pink elephant cross-stitched in the center. Have not made another with that stitch since... but it really wasn't that hard. Knitting-that's another story!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.