We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1434759

From 2014 my favorite bloom
# 2 Pink Silk
A nice grouping of pandy blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Bump

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, I went back thru and saw some lovely blooms and sad news. We are always here for you, Linda.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new room Jackie.
Beautiful blooms.

Thanks everyone. It was such a shock to get that phone call.

Gautier, MS

It's always sad to loose a loved one.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all those beauties.

Thanks everyone. :-)

I had a few blooms but they were tiny. I can only assume its the bitter cold here.
Today I had a nicer bloom but so cold, i didn;t want to walk back to the house for my
camera. BRRR!!

Gautier, MS

I don't blame you Jackie. I had to go out to put trash out and it was raining and bitter cold. Got back inside as fast as I could where its warm and cozy.

Helena, I know some states are really in the deep freeze. It didn't get above
freezing here yesterday and may not today. I think temps will start to warm up tomorrow. Ready for spring

Cold here too. It was 28 this morning.

Stay warm ladies.

Linda, we got a slow warm up coming so thankful for that. They;re saying 62 here for
Christmas day. Sounds great. :-)

That sounds nice.

Linda, I can't wait. Hoping for a short
winter season. .

Gautier, MS

Still a bit cold here too. They say it's going to warm up here too. Some years the coldest months here are Jan. and Feb. I remember one year our only frost was in Feb but that was enough to kill all the tropical and make start over. Our weather here seems to be a couple of days with cold and a couple of days of warm. Or cold in the morning and warming up by noon. Great weather for getting sick. I can't wait for spring either. I really want to grow a lot this coming year too.

Helena, I agree about Jan and Feb. Those are usually our coldest too.
I don;t think my mg;s in the g house are going to do anything, They might have
bloomed better in the house, rather than the g house. The blooms are tiny and most of the time, they don;t even bother to open. smh
Hope to start a few sds this spring of other tropicals as well as mg's.

Gautier, MS

My mg bloom in past years in the gh have been small too Jackie. But better than nothing, what I don't like doing is have to go water my plants in the cold in gh. My new seedlings in the house are doing great. Guess I will keep them inside as long as I can.

Yes, keep them in the house and you will probably be pleasantly surprised.
I would carry mine back to the house but I have a kitty who is very destructive,.
Getting him fixed Thurs to see if that will calm him down some.
Right now he;s chewing the branches off the Christmas tree. Couldn;t put any ornaments on it and the lights are up high so that he can;t reach them. He
doesn;t pay any attention to the lights anyway, Hes just fascinated by the
wood and the greenery ??? Crazy kitty

sorry I have been mia again you guys. My subscription is up the 25th of this month and I wrecked another car at work and am no longer working . I'll see if I can stay in touch via email ... I am so tired....please stay warm and have a very merry christmas.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, after having so many decorations broken in previous years I decided not to have any on our tree this year, just pretty lights. Hope your kiddy settles down after getting fixed.

Debra, oh no, I am so sorry to hear about you no longer working. Hugs....will keep in touch. We'll have to figure something out.

Oh Debra, so sorry to hear that.
Please take care.

Debra, So sorry to hear this news. Now I'll be worried about you.
I see your sub is good till Dec 2017 so you can post

Gautier, MS

Blooms from 2014 to cheer you up!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those beautiful blooms made me smile.
Thanks.

Absolutely gorgeous blooms from 2014 Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Before everyone gets too busy:

Wishing All a Merry Christmas!!

Mgs from 2014!

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful morning glories Helena.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Merry Christmas.
Love those great blooms from 2014 Helena.
The speckleds are beautiful and that pink is to die for.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

I think this one has to be my favorite. Very similar to Blushing Bride, it bloomed in 2010 in late Dec. as a volunteer and I left it out so the frost got it so I regret that b/c there were no seeds from it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena that is breath taking. It almost looks like it could have some
Mauve Splash mixed in. A cross somehow?
Last yr I had one that just refused to make sds, sterile I guess. I grow'one that is sterile just about every yr,.
This was a beauty last yr, Plum Surprise,and not a single seed. Plum Surprise cause it turns to Plum as it fades later in the day.
So disappointed

This message was edited Dec 26, 2016 12:59 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms everyone, sorry they did not produce any seeds.

Me too Linda. that was my last seed . Should have tried a cutting.

Quote from taters55 :
Those beautiful blooms made me smile.
Thanks.

Well, I have had a Angel re-new me so whoever did that Thanks you. I wouldn't know what to do without you all. I hope your Christmas was great. I have my family from San Antonio here today and we are about to go to lunch together. I love you all..
Joe made the cookies this year.. here are some of the family pics.. it is weird not having my side of the family here anymore, but my kids ad their aunts and uncles make up for it big time. me ad Charlie are not in these, Mike ad Paula brought their new dog, Lucy, and Charlie brought his g/f and her two kids. 12 people! wow!

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Hope you had a nice Christmas Debra. Thanx for sharing pics.

Gautier, MS

Glad to see you back here Debra. Hope you had a nice lunch. Always good to have family get togethers

Jackie, nice blooms. I know how you feel, I'll have to force myself to hand pollinate this coming year.

Helena, No matter what pollen I tried, none worked. smh

Jackie, the only thing I have luck pollinating with are four oclocks in summer. I still have the little paint brush Becky sent us all one year. In case you didn't notice, my "N" key sticks or is messed up so I have to go back all the time to fix it. ugh. Did I tell you I washed my new "flip Phone" at&t set me to replace my old 2g network one? Well, anyway, I found the one my sister gave me before she died and it is the same kind, at&t 3g flip phone, but 4 years older, and my son put my sim card in it and it works, but it doesn't even begin to compare to that old motorola I had for all those years. Thank Goodness I hung on to that phone! ( Not that anyone calls me on it) LOL ..... mg from August 2015

Thumbnail by joeswife

I think I might have a "Plum surprise" from you somewhere, Jackie. After all my stuff gets back to normal in the house and Christmas stuff is packed up, I'll look for it.
mg from aug 2015

Thumbnail by joeswife

Sorry about your phone Debra but glad you at least have one that works. I gave my more expensive phone to DGS and bought me a 18.00 net zero. didn't like the
fancier phone, prefer something easy to work and figure out.
Plum surprise is the glory that Helena shared sds of with me. I hope you do have a few sds so that we don;t lose it. It was beautiful last yr.

Gautier, MS

Pretty blooms Debra. Plum Surprise never came true from seed after I grew it long ago. So it does make surprise blooms, I think it was a cross with Fuji.
I do love the blooms though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.