Desert Rose Toxicity

Toronto, Canada

My wife and I have recently acquired a soon-to-be-beautiful variegated desert rose, and have since read about it's toxicity to cats and dogs. While ours is high on a shelf, and is inaccessible to our cats, we're looking for more information on just how toxic they are. Has anyone had any experience? Some sources say death is certain, while others say the usual things (stomach upset, salivation, vomiting, gum irritation, etc.). I'm sure any info will help. Thanks in advance.

Thumbnail by dglantz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.