Englewood, FL

Mission Oak style bench made from a $5 yard sale bunk bed, it is 100% solid oak except for the lower shelf, it's oak veneer & the trim is pine, the seat is .made from 2 one inch thick table leafs, the only problem with it is it takes 2 people to move it, it weighs a ton.

Thumbnail by ifantail
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Had to share this with my SO. You're not get older, just better. This is my favorite.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I finally got some more headboard projects done. #1 is open in the middle with supports to put big flower pots in.
#2 is from queen size head board turned into storage bench with hinged lid. It will have a cushion on top, that's still in the works! (sitting in front of partially painted exterior wall. Weather has turned yucky and have to wait to finish.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Ifantail, That is one beautiful piece of furniture! I love mission style, I can see having that in a number of places!
Psychw2 love the storage bench and the pot bench. what good ideas and the white pain is so bright and pristine! would love to see them In situ!

Englewood, FL

Hi Pat, I just now found your post, looking good, are both twin size.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Thanks, but no. The blockier one is twin, the other is actually queen. I drug home ANOTHER headboard yesterday. It was being left at the DUMP and I could not bear to see it trashed! LOL Not sure if I'll make a bench out of this one too, or different project. It has high arched top with LOTS of slender spindles. I'll have to try to get a pic & post.
When I was completely done with the first one I free handed "Love grows here". It has a rack like bottom and my sister put pots of flowers inside.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.