It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Roosters

Tabor, SD(Zone 4b)

Anybody ever introduce two roosters successfully? I have a Barred Rock Rooster in the coop and DH got three large chickens, one being a huge rooster, for me. I have had them in separate coops/fences but I have to put them into the same coop now as I have chicks coming. Should I cage one in the coop until they get used to each other? I don't want them fighting.
Thanks

Glendale, UT(Zone 5a)

You can introduce them , if one is dominate and the other stays away from him they will probably survive together, -but, if they begin to fight, -the cage would be a good idea, you can see just how aggressive they will be. sometimes it is a failure, ending with a fight and the death.of one of them.

Tabor, SD(Zone 4b)

I caged the Barred Rock for a couple of days and let the other rooster in with the chickens. When I let the Barred Rock out, they did the face-off and a little bit of fighting, but I booted the BR and broke it up. The other rooster avoided the BR for the rest of the day, so I hope that is it for fighting. They were together over night and there was no bloodshed, so things are looking pretty good.

Glendale, UT(Zone 5a)

cool

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images