It's time to vote on our 2017 photo contest! Vote for your favorite photos of the year here!

Is this a broad faced sac spider?

I found this guy on the ledge of my bath tub. I live in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Its definitely a male spider. I have it in a Tupperware container for now. Kind of tough to get a super clear shot cause it won't stay still. I can take new pictures if needed When it calms down

Thumbnail by DinoJames1980 Thumbnail by DinoJames1980 Thumbnail by DinoJames1980 Thumbnail by DinoJames1980

I've never seen one of these before but i do get a lot of yellowsac spiders. After doing ample research i am 99% sure it's a broad faced. Its definitely not a woodlouse spider as i see them a lot and know them pretty well.well enough to know they can'tbreak my skin even though they have big fangs. I'm still open for more insight but in the meanwhile I'm gonna let him go by my pond.

Minot, ND

That is entirely possible - see http://www.suttonmass.org/animals/spiders/broadfacedsac/broadfacedsac1.jpg for an image of a male broad-faced sac spider.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.