Long time no see.

Englewood, FL

Hello, anybody home?

This message was edited Sep 22, 2017 3:26 PM

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I'm barely home. Was Irma kind to you? We have plenty of trees down if you're looking for wood working projects. I'm probably going to be sitting by the wayside and admiring your work for awhile. Still very busy with the garden until it gets cold. Good to "see" you!

Englewood, FL

Hi laurel, We caught the edge of Irma,4 & I/2 ornamental trees down & a whole bunch of broken pine branches But nothing else broken, we were very lucky. I posted a few things this year hoping to get others to post but there seems to be no interest any more, what a shame, I loved this site, so I will no longer waste my time posting. If you would still like to correspond & swap pictures & ideas I'm at [email protected]
John Van Der Linden aka ifantail

John, if you see people are looking then there is interest. Why people don't post is another matter. I had hoped you would continue to post because you love creating. I certainly enjoy looking.

I was looking forward to sharing the neat whatsit I retrieved from the back of a Fresh Foods Market. I do food recovery and they were throwing out a candy display bin made of slatted plywood, tiered half-round troughs. Think 4' long bin/troughs 12" deep and stacked 5' high. It would make an awesome strawberry farm for a year or two or maybe annuals. I haven't had a chance to photo what with Irma clean up (we had to replace the supply water line to the cottage) and still have lots of trees to clean up, a planned holiday and return to plummeting temps with a partially moved greenhouse.

Aside from the whatsit bin, SO won two architect's stools from an online daily giveaway. The bases are metal retro-architectural furniture but the seats are split. He will rebuild them.

I found the coolest chair today. It needs nothing but maybe a cushion. It's a vintage office chair from a school dumpster. Will you be here to see it?

Englewood, FL

Laurel.I made this out of 2 garage sale chairs & some old fence boards blown down by Irma, there is still tons of fencing stacked curb side all over this area.

This message was edited Nov 7, 2017 12:26 AM

Thumbnail by ifantail
Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Very nice.

Tabor, SD(Zone 4b)

Very nice, John. Please keep posting your pictures. I always enjoy looking at everyone's creativity. I don't post as there isn't enough time in the day to finish my projects. I keep saying Someday....
Ruth

See John, you do have a fan club. :) I know Pat's been busy because of illness and a death in her family. I didn't photo my treasures 'cause I thought you were gone for good. I will in the next few days.

Now that truly is a love seat! Wonderful! Are you selling these at a market? You are so productive your furniture making must be piling up.

Englewood, FL

Laurel, if relatives don't grab it first (I don't mind) I take it to a church consignment shop, I have a backlog of pictures I'll post soon. thanks for the kind words.

N.C. Mts., NC(Zone 6b)

Can't wait to see your pictures.

Englewood, FL

Off the subject, I'm not a paying member DG, can anyone id this vine for me.

Thumbnail by ifantail

One of the climbing Philodendron species, I believe. Maybe Philodendron hederaceum. These will cover trees in FL. Can you take a photo of the leaves?

Hoping to get a photo or two of my chair tomorrow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.