December Challenges,Projects & Organizing Ourselves! Letís see what we can share...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1462753/

Lordy itís hard to imagine itís been almost 2weeks since Iíve really crafted, with being ill and hospitalized for a few days I canít say it put me behind but I didnít get some things done and thatís ok!

This morning I did go tree projects basecoated, later this afternoon I will streak with white and leave their decorating to another day.

Think I might even do one more patch on the scoot tarp, got a call this morning wondering where I was with it so I told them Iíd do best I could but promise nothing as I never know when the next attack will be.

But I will maybe sew a few ugly sweater mug rugs as I need 5little gifts, think they are quick, when we say that the project is usually more difficult right..

Ordered a new sewing aid from the same place I bought my new ruler, chomping at the bit to get it..best part is Rita my friend gave me the $100 for it and I only have to pay $15for shipping.

What are you all up to, sure hope you can post photoís

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I am trying to get the quilt sandwiched and quilted. I think I will lay it out on my bed, and get it sandwiched. Too hard for me to get on the floor.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

My projects
Snowflake chandelier & my signboards (with a red chair next to them)

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Lindakay do you use spray adhesive?? Itís a must, every time I go to jaianns I buy a few more cans, great for projects not done on frame

Susan bet itís lovely at night when chandelier is lit..love your project..same was on my list of to doís but.....

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

It's Friday... put a fork in me, I am done. I am sooooooooo tired. going to bed.

I am going to get some spray when I go to town in the morning. I thought I had some, but it can't be found. What kind do you use?

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

I use the 505 spray like it a lot

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, more snow last night, waiting for Andrew the plow man, made knitted him a Dickie to keep him toasty, fighting cancer and donít want him to get a chill..

Pat, hugs, hope you were able to get a good nightís rest..will you have a week off at Christmas?

Linda Kay this is the spray I use.

Decided to get productive and not leave it until later

7 1/2 ď stripof fabric will yield 2uffly sweater mug rug, wanted to do 5buy Iíll do ten, akways nice to have extras

They seem to be coming together quickly..hoping by noon to have 10done
Looked in the cupboard and I think I have 10christmas mugs left from last year.

Goal today is add white to the 7 trees so I can decorate and basecoated the 7 slates I was given of gingerbread men..

Maybe add a few patches to dougís Scoot tarp

Oh what a day, now that Iíve commotted myself letís see how much I do get done lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Am sure I will get it all done, Iíve got a helper

Oh how he loves to pull at pins and throw them on the floor..every morning I tend to spend 5pinutes pick8ng them up in the craftroom

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Ziggy has grown so much!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I prefer 505 spray too. I learned by experience to use a light hand with it, more is not better. I put down an old sheet first to catch the overspray ( I've used the same sheet as the spray washes right out). I let it sit undisturbed a day or two to allow the glue to dry..it will still be tacky so you can reposition if necessary.

Betty you have such a naughty "helper".

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes I have, he has such a thing with pins

Sitting here cutting batting off of sweater,clipping seams then when done I can press and add decorations

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

10 ready for pressing then fun begins, making them come alive

Ok to appease Ziggy I used kitty fabric on 2

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love those mug rugs!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Going to spend a few hours doing what I call relaxing and play with cut-outs lol

Lindakay they are coming alive, having fun with them

Where did you find the pattern?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíll have to checkname Linda Kay..

Well I accomplished a lot, not all that I said Iíd do but satisfied with my day...wonít be long i will crawl into bed..

Did finish work on the ugly sweater mug rugs, got 10 done, just need stitching and I cut out everything I need to do 10 more. Came up with a game plan, about 12 carollers come carolling Christmas Eve so Iíll try to do gift bag for them, mug rug, cup filled with package of hot chocolate and candycame with mini marshmallows..smiling, 4 ofthe 12 are Greg/Mel, Kyle/Brianna lol

Didnít get white on tree projects biput did basecoated slate gingerbread.

Tomorrow is another day...

Ohhh had tomorrow planned and my sister Sharon said if the day is storm free and her back ok she will spend tmr with me..itís ok, sister time is good..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Looks like a really busy day Betty. I'm happy for you. Did you rest at all though?
Hope so even if it is only 20 minutes or so at a time. I ended up laying down about 2 and never woke up till 5:30!!!! Guess I needed to sleep.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Will do you good Barb

Not where I closed my eyes but just sitting playing cut outs, relaxing

Omg omg give my head a shake, just realized I cut between 6-8 for extra,s, listen to this, I must be tired, just realized I did that for all 5 designs so could mean 40 more lol

Iíll share with the girls lol

Leave it to you Betty to get so wrapped up in a program that you just keep cutting!!!! LOL The girls will appreciate all your hard work.....

Leave it to you Betty to get so wrapped up in a program that you just keep cutting!!!! LOL The girls will appreciate all your hard work.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Didnít sleep 1/2the night, got Dougís scoot tarp done,then this morning had several hours of good sleep, with Doug coming to get the tarps I thought Iíd bestget up or Iíll never sleep tonight.

Guess Iíll have something for lunch and asunder downstairs.

Have a list of things I wouldnít mind getting done

Antique with white the 7 tree projects I had

Step 3- rouge cheeks and paint buttons on 6 ginger bread pieces

Cut of 4 anole leafs for the fall table topper Iím doing for niece, then sew blocks together, would be too much to hope to get it quilted so I have something to hand sew tonight..

Wouldnít you know, I donít think my embroidery machine has an applique stitch, then maybe it does,never used it other than for embroidery, going to get the manual..hmmmm Sure hope the bobbin case for it comes in Monday or Tuesday, withbeing diwn one janome,my favorite it leaves me short.,maybesanta will have to replace that janome.

Iíve the 1600qc janome quilter but I donít take it off the frame, had to replace that bobbin case last week..didnít really have to but I keep saying itís the cause of my problems lately with skipped stitches as it gets stuck..we will see who is right lol

Stormy here so no plavpce to go except downstairs 🤗

How are you filling in your day?

Pat you rested?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Lordy
Canít seem to concentrate, flitting from thing to thing, the other night I starting photo purg8ng, those I kept I set on the bed, now Iím in dividing by individual packages, think Iíll pass them on to appropriate family/friends

About 15years ago when I spend my winters in Florida, Bonita springs just south of ft,Myers I bought a sewing machine and did about 20sweaters,p to entertain myself...

here are a few..

Think I gave Barb one when she visited..just know if I look I will come across the knitted portions and started kits among my fabrics, must look

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

gosh those sweaters are pretty Betty.

Got a call yesterday from sis, she was having meltdown. We were planning on getting together today to finish the remainder of the dolls and pack up the mess for a month or two. she was feeling "stuck". Wanted to decorate for Christmas but couldn't start until the doll mess was out of the house. I went yesterday and we finished, loaded and extras packed away. She can move forward with decorating.

Ben has finished his antibiotic and the PIC line stays in until after the angioplasty he has to have on his leg. I am so grateful to not have to get up early and stay up late to get the "every 8 hours" schedule completed for the IV meds.

What a welcome break Pat. How is he doing as far as following Dr orders? Is he still being good? Glad to know your sister can now decorate.
My sweatshirt was a bit different with quilting design sewn down each side of the front. I love it....

This message was edited Dec 11, 2017 8:39 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat Iím so glad that things are working out for Ben and you are getting more rest amd there is less pressure on you.

Barb how close to the 1,000 stitches are you on the kitty? Iím in awe that you are so close to f8nishimg.

Well I am backon track, at least for now..

This morning I put greenery in 7 trees re Christmas project, Iíll give them awaybut I need batteries.

Then I cut up that hockey jersey to make a pillow, Lordy I hated to ruin such a good hockey jersey, after spending $282for Calebís for Christmas but itís what Liz jeffís Ex wanted. Looking at the sleeves, hmmm maybe I can make him a Christmas stock8ng using leftovers, jersey sleeves and leftover hockeyfabric, know he would get a kick out of it..he loves hockey and heck what would it take me an hour or 2to make someone happy.

Sharon my sister is so addicted to Quilting..well she liked my ugly mug sweaters, sent her the pattern and there goes, think she has 8done lol

If she lived closer she could have used some of the cut outs for decor I so enthusiastically cut Saturday/Sunday lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

JWell it was easier and quicker than I thought ..

One pillow and with left over hockey fabric from my grandsons quilts I was able to make her little one a hockey Christmas sock

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Proud of myself, last week I made a daily schedule up to dec 23rd, a to do list where I wouldnít be pushing myself, really just extraís, world wouldnít stop if I couldnít do them should I be hospitalized again and am on target, well except for one thing, did my blocks for fall table topper for LeeAnn, set them somewhere amd now I canít f8nd them, must have been a good hid8mg place lol

Worse that can happen I will give her the one I did for myself.

This morning is doctor appointment, need to stop for a few things but hoping to be home 10:30-11:00 then it will be finish odds/sods laying around, cleanmy mess and start all over again making another mess..canít be creative in a clean room.

I think most of our craft/sewing rooms get that way!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That it does..roads were horrific, stilll storming

I want/ need to buy a new car and can't decide what to buy. What are you driving Betty? You always seem to be out in some storm!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hope all out driving in storms remember the angels that have been sent to watch over you!
Tomorrow I go for my Physio (likely the last one, cuz I'm feeling pretty good), then on Friday I go for my 12 week checkup with my knee surgeon.
I'm ALMOST finished decorating (do we ever really finish?) the house, and Bob's been going crazy setting out lights inside & out - it's lovely :-)
I'm starting my dinner plans & have made some sugar cookies.
We have a new neighbour who moved next door to us. Her name is Carol and she & her ex came over to coffee tonight while her home was being set up. She has a 3 bedroom mobile, and one will be set up for her sewing room :-) She has a quilting machine. I keep thinking of Betty's Baby Quilter(?). Wonder if it's something like that. I'd love to see what one looks like, other than in pictures lol

This message was edited Dec 13, 2017 11:00 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Baby quilter Susan? Frame does queen size..
What did you ever do with your weaving machine?
Yummy on the cookies

Victoria Harbour, ON

I can hear those machines a humming, everyone trying to get Christmas projects done..I can say that anything I do from today on is For fun and extras

Finally got the bobbin holder in, so itís working but sure miss my janome 9000
Been looking aroundto replace it, donít need the embroidery feature as iboughtembroidery machine butthismone isheavydutyandimseriouslyconsidering buying it..will try it tomorrow weather being considered as itís a 45 minute drive and if I like it will buy and take it home asaxmas pressie forme, sheepish smile as I just bought the electronic bed and said it was for Christmas...

I just painted mini signs for Xmas carollers, need 8 more Christmas mugs, make 8 moremug rugs and carollers will each have a gift for when they come Christmas Eve.

Yesterday my sister Sharon come and I helped her finish her whit/black throw and table runnerforhergirlfriend..we all got 3 neck warmers sewn

Girls came last night so it really was a long day..was tired.

Still fighting nausea so am on the couch resting, do get upfromtime totime though and dosomething, next step is glue littledecor branches to the trees I painted, add snow and sparkles then they are ready to bag and name tag.

What are you all up to?

This message was edited Dec 14, 2017 3:43 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photoís

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love Sharon's black & white, very striking.

Me too! Love the pop of color and it could be any one at all.....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Only thing is she is very structured, told her to mix squares but nope she no could do..your eyes seem to go to design vs the flowers...says she will make a 2nd one for her..told her to avoid being structured put all squares in bag and pick out one at a time.

This message was edited Dec 15, 2017 10:22 AM

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good luck with that Betty, Even if I try to be random, I can't seem to get out of my OCD mind set.
Woke up to a foot of snow this morning. Will make house showings extra fun.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well maybe those interested in it want it for winter and all and they can see how pretty it is

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.