Check out the winners in our Annual Photo Contest Here

February Weather, will winter end?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny, but zero degrees here this morning.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

We saw the eclipse. We were lucky enough that it was in a gap in the trees. I don't have a picture because it was too dark for the camera to focus on anything.


It got up to 82F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 82F today.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The question for me is, 'Will winter begin?'

I was watching t.v. and a guy said that he had to add limestone to his soil because it was too acidic for vegetables. Then it dawned upon me that maybe our soil had become too alkaline and that is why we can't grow any vegetables. It is naturally alkaline plus our tap water is alkaline. Like everyone else, our rainwater is acidic, which if we had enough rain, would neutralize that. I tested the soil and the pH was around 8, which is more alkaline than anything other than desert plants like. I had some sulfur and Shrubs Alive! for acid loving plants so I added that. (The N-P-K for Shrubs Alive! was almost the same as Vegetables Alive! so I was feeding them, too.)


They are calling for a high of 84F. It got up to 82F yesterday. There is a miniscule chance of a miniscule amount of rain next week.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

16 degrees here warmer mid 30's tomorrow .

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Here we go again. I'm in D2. http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?CA

It got up to 84F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 85F. No chance of rain in the 10-day.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

33 degrees waiting on an inch of snow tonight and tomorrow

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

VERY light drizzle, 40's last nite to hi 50's today, gray all day is supposed to get to 70* tomorrow. Calif may get cool spells, but you aren't getting anything that resembles moisture down there by San Diego, They did get higher humidity first part of that week I was there, tho. NO more Snow, JU, TELL IT OFF...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Breezy this morning, warmer 61F sunshine. Rain later this afternoon through evening as another cool front approaches, this one not going to be as cold.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 84F yesterday. They are calling for a high today of 85F.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Gray all day, warm enough for shirtsleeves in this swampy humidity. Not sure how warm, 70* was expected.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

They are calling for a high of 81F. It got up to 84F yesterday. Nothing like 20 degrees above average. (Boo! Hsss!)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

22 degrees ,and snow ,
porch the cats use for a claw post

Thumbnail by juhur7
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Love the kitty paw prints.

It was ten degrees warmer this morn than yesterday morning, 58F at dawn, today's predicted high 81F. I prefer between 73-79, but then that would be a perfect world. ;-)

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I'll take 60-72 degrees.


It got up to 77F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 83F today. I hate to sound like a broken record, but minimal chance of rain in the 10-day.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 82F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 85F. Don't think this is 'normal.' It is 20 degrees above average.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

40's last night, but full sun and a breeze- it didnt 61* til 3pm. Transplanted my tomato seedlings from eggshell to cups and none have wilted. So, now to wait til 60* stays longer outside...asparagus appreciated the rain I hope.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

58F this morning, climbing up slowly, nice and breezy, sun peaking in and out of clouds.We're pretty much going to get into the low 80's as a high for the next 7 days.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

about 50 degrees today gray day , Kitt Love those little Tomato seedlings nice thing to be able to do ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Left my seedlings outside, 60's here thru tomorro, rain started about 1730, 80% showing thru tomorro. Gonna start peppers 16th Feb. Hopin weather holds, chuckl

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 78F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 69F! There is a fire weather warning for tomorrow, which basically means it will be very windy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

26 degrees High was 31 Snow and 30 for Sunday

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Yesterday it got up to 64F! Today they are calling for a high of 75F. The chance of rain keeps decreasing, as usual. The quantity has decreased to almost nothing.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

It is sunny, warm and windy today, last three days and next ten will be in the 80's, today the highest 84F, but supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow, and then lower 80's...oh Joy!
I'm thinking Spring forgot Central Florida.

My native Carolina Jessamine blooming....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

0930, 3rd day gray, 38*, feels like 32* humidity @ 83%, wind @ 8mph. The cold bit deep into my arthritis yesterday. All is well but missing sunshine, predicted to get to 52* today

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sunny and 30's for today , 15 degrees roughly to start this morning

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 73F yesterday. (Yay! No air conditioner needed) They are calling for a high of 60F today. I can't see how it can stay that cool when the sun is out.

I was surprised to see some wildflowers this weekend when we've only had two inches of rain since April. Here are canyon sunflower, crimson pitcher sage, and purple nightshade.

Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli Thumbnail by Kelli
Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Beautiful wildflowers, Kelli. A little rain was all they needed.

Muggy 69F this AM, cloudy, but the rain never happened, fizzled out by the time front got here. High 82F today, tonight 65F low.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I can't complain about the temperature. Yesterday it got up to 62F. They are calling for a high of 64F today. There is a 10% chance of 0.00 inch of rain. That is exactly what it says. Does that mean there is a 90% chance of a downpour? Somehow, I doubt it.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

It got up to 64F yesterday. They are calling for a high of 64F today. There is a 40% chance of 0.03 inch of rain.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Today is cloudy and much cooler 65F now at 11:25AM, I got cold on my walk this morning. No rain in forecast.

Azaleas out front of my house busting with new flowers.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Humidity started out @100% no rain, foggy. 74* the high, drippy drippy outside, 50's last nite, maybe 60's tonite...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50's here day past , tomorrow or later today 60's , rainy foggy , usual ,

pretty Azeala Sun ,,

This message was edited Feb 15, 2018 2:41 AM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Foggy drippy morning, sun later, up to 82F today.
Nice to see you warming up, Ju.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

57 degrees now , pouring down rain , Thunderstorms as it falls to 33 degrees tonight
Flood warnings here .

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

The function called Calendar is not working so I don't know how warm it got yesterday. We got no measurable rain yesterday and our rain gauge reads down to 0.01 inch. They are calling for a high of 71F today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

weather is all extreme , drought there , flood here , snow in the mountains , dust wind storms below ,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Minnesota, weather right on course, cold, colder & extremely cold. Little blizzard now & then. What more could you want.
Heat wave at 32F.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Think it hit 79* here, humidity down some and the sun was shining. Beautiful day!!! Did have winds blow thru while I was burning pine needles - enough breeze to dry out the wetter needles and burn better without blowing into the woods.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Now 15 F with WNW wind @ 25MPH. Big BRRR.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

But, CG, you get to live out in the country. I have always wanted to.


It got up to 72F yesterday. My brother in western Maryland said that it was also 72F. They are calling for a high of 75F today. There is a wind advisory today but only gusts to 40 mph. Not much of a chance of rain in the 10-day. I really don't think we're going to get rain this year. Time is running out.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.
BACK TO TOP