APRIL , Ideas,Challenges and Organizing Ourselves, Come join in...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mobed us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1470392/

Wrote a long post starting a new thread and Zappa, in cyber space! Grrr

Wrote how I missed everyone, I so looked forward to everyoneís projects, thoseyou are working on and those you set aside that werenít up to your liking and hit a glitch, know I have some.

Almost 2 weeks since Iíve been on new meds and my old energy is back, got housework done, my jar Ďto doí and is just after 8.

Worked yesterday on lindaís sign, at the UGLY stage right now, yesterday I looked out at winter storm, sooo many accidents, 50 in a collision in Barrie, today the sun in beaming through the window so with all done I will sit and try and finish the sign so this weekend I can give it the finishing outdoor flecto coats,

Will need a few breaks so hoping to go through my stash and see what I have for the Blooming Buddies quilt I want to start..am sure I will have a lot to buy as the want 18 fat quarters..

Hope you have a sunshine day

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Yesterday in barrie

Ohhh where I am on the sign

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a beautiful quilt.
Please be careful if you have to go out.

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

That is a beautiful quilt Betty. I'm at my usual, nothing to show really. Making blocks like crazy then will put together several tops at once to get sent for long arming. Will get the rest of what I need for the marching band quilt tomorrow in mail from DGGD. I'll take a break from the QOVs to put it together should only take a couple days.
Just found out we'll need to go back downstate, SILs mother passed last night. Hubby and I are only grandparents left for all our grands

Victoria Harbour, ON

Condolences Karen..youíll be even more cherished! What will you work on once you take your break from QVCís..hope roads are ok for you.

Lindakay, sun is out amd roads are clear, plot went by earlier. Called Greg to help getting summer tires into mu car, not sure all will fit. He is working late, that wonít help me for tomorrow so will put in 2 this aft and run them to tire shop then get the other 2 in tmr for my 3:30appt.

Iíll stop at fabric shop Saturday and see if I can get fabric for the turkey

Details on the sign is so time consuming, I was ambitious to think Iíd have the sign finished today. Lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy was I off..worked all day and still have another day to finish it

Need to do all shading, add lines re siding, trees and flowers, big sigh

Had left overs, just made executive decision, going to look at menu from pizza place atcorner and order something..tired,

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - you were asking is She was doing in some way - I'm the one who's going to be doing the stained glass, as she's teaching me and will be giving me all her tools & supplies, as well as stained glass scraps. She doesn't do it anymore, and I asked her if she'd sell everything to me. She is, plus giving me 2-3 days of classes, starting next Wednesday. Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Today I finished the 2nd of 3 Prayer shawls for our church :-)

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I have nothing to show, I am not sewing, I am barely surviving work right now. I don't feel as bad as last week and the cough is much "looser" and stuff isn't as difficult to get out of my throat. I am looking forward to the weekend!

We got the bill for the roof repair... I didn't know what to expect. I THOUGHT I'd get an estimate and be told what the problem was... they examined it, fixed it and sent bill! little over $200 to replace flashing on chimney. NOW I can worry about trying to match paint and I hope to touch up the stain on the ceiling without repainting the whole ceiling. With ceiling heat, you do NOT want to add any layers of paint!

My office mate will be out of the office all of next week so I will have the office all to myself. That will be nice!

Headed to bed... be safe ya all!

Hubby has had that yukky throat thing going on for several days now. I'm just avoiding everyone as best as I can. Lolli was feverish and cranky last week-end but seems it was from teething, poor puppy just hate when they don't feel well.
I get so tickled at my son, he's never been a hang on to grandpa but with her he can't seem to let her go. She's the first he's been around from the get go.

Victoria Harbour, ON

You must be so overwhelmed then add the worry of Ben and sick..wow
Exhausted you must be..seems $200 is a decent price for repairs right?

Karen, nothing like grandparents, you are taking Lolli home this weekend if hubby is better? Youíll miss her!

Iíve done my jar Ďto doí, feeling good at being back on track, was the kitchen junk drawer, we all know what they look like, bet yours arenít as bad as mine was..lol
Think Iím the winner.

Still working onLindaís sign,up to gardening, set in flowers around the house..if only it was that simple to do ours 😜

Lordy, this week has gone so quickly, Iím guessing it because Iím not just laying on the couch and being prodipuctive.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful painting.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Lovely picture, Betty

Just home from the local hospital. The fall that I took March 20th, in the snow - well apparently I tore my Medial Collateral Ligament. I guess I twisted myself in the fall, and my right knee's fine, but my left was getting steadily worse. I'm signed up for PT and have a gel to put on my knee, and am to do mild exercises in the meantime, until my PT kicks in. It'll be 1-2 weeks before I can get in. Not bad actually, but it will take some time for it to heal....

We are heading back downstate on Sunday. one of my Sil's mother passed away, service will be Monday. Leaves hubby and me as only remaining grandparents, sure never expected that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Susan, that fall could have been so much worse..hope healing process through PT works.

Safe travels Karen

Hope today is a good day for you Oat..how is Ben?

Lots to do today, will be out for most of the day but when I get home watch out..have several projects I want done or started lol

Cut out the paper pattern of the turkey, big pieces, wonít take long to cut as pieces are large, should cut several as I think it will take a few to get it to look like a turkey 😜

Tonight Iíll paint on the wording for the sign, do some shading on it, paint in light fixture on the garage and voila all done except the coats urathane for outdoor use..likely 3-4 coats

Those are my weekend projects, here is hoping..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Susan, glad to hear you have figured out the problem and how to get it fixed. If PT will do it and no surgery-- that's GREAT!

Betty, your work always amazes me.

Not complaining about $200, could have been something serious and EXPENSIVE.

Our dogwood tree buds are swelling, soon it will be bloom RIGHT outside my computer room window and visible from recliner in the living room. I love that tree. Always wanted a pink dogwood and was so excited to discover I had one when we bought the house 5 years ago. I say, "discovered" because I did not recognize it at first and it was being crowded out by an ugly 1/2 dead pine tree. I cut the pine tree off and cut back the wisteria that was trying to choke it.

I was hoping for clear weather today but more rain. Guess spraying the weeds will have to wait again.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Brrr went to visit a friend, then go to maple sugar bush and watch my godsondo a chainsaw carving on a 20 fettered..wind was just a howling so I decided I wouldnít stay long.

Prior to that I visited my friend Joannea few towns away, we both traced turkey parts..a.m. thinking I just might go sew them then grunge them

Need a hot bath first, need to warm up..

Pat Iíve dogwood shrubs, would they be same?

I tried so many times to grow wisteria..I have one little vine, no flower..perhaps if I relocate it might grow..put that on my garden to doís

Wisteria likes full sun. I have a cutting from my grandmother and hers was from her mother. I move it every where we go. Here it just survives, I get one or two blooms, just not enough sun. When I had it in full sun it covered a fence. When we moved, the people who bought didn't want it so we had to remove a section of fence and replace it for them because the Wisteria was so entwined. I've given a cutting to each of my children for their homes too.

Betty just seen where someone is selling a wedding quilt like the one you made. It's not even finished, still needs binding, she's asking $375. I know it's a ton of work and probably worth more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

My wisteria is in full sun, perhaps not enough good earth, going to dig it up and maybe add good soil and fertilizer, Joyce, Joycet is coming in May, her gardens are spectacular and likely she will have answers

I had a peony from my grandmothers garden and did same Karen, Iím sure itís your kids most prized plant.

Is a lot of work, $375-$400 Iíd charge but then who would buy them??

Doing my jar Ďto doí had to run into Walmart early not only to pick up my purse I left at Joanneís yesterday, she lived 1/2hr away, her hubby had shopping to do, seeing I needed oil to do the kitchen table/chairs (my to do) it worked out ok.

Also needed cinnamon for the turkey piece Iím doing, finished lindaís Sign except of course the final coats of finish, will let it cure though before doing that..maybe before bed tonight I can get one coat on.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, some wisteria plants can take 10 years before they bloom.

While that is true, I planted a wisteria at our house on Victoria street and had it bloom the FIRST year!! I am not sure if I will get any blooms this year. I REALLY cut the thing practically to the ground over a year ago (and the wrong time of year) and it did bloom last year. I was surprised it even survived.

I read once that it blooms best after it has grown as tall as it can. Mine was on a standard 4 ft fence so it didn't take it long. My aunt planted hers to grow to the top of the lattice over her porch and it never did bloom well. I don't know the truth of it but I do know now mine here blooms a couple flowers and it is at the top of its trellis. We've also kept it in a barrel so we can move it easily and not have to dig it up.

I read once that it blooms best after it has grown as tall as it can. Mine was on a standard 4 ft fence so it didn't take it long. My aunt planted hers to grow to the top of the lattice over her porch and it never did bloom well. I don't know the truth of it but I do know now mine here blooms a couple flowers and it is at the top of its trellis. We've also kept it in a barrel so we can move it easily and not have to dig it up.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Thank you , Betty - I don't think it was ever considered that I'd have to have surgery for it - never thought of it.
My knee is doing better.
I've finished 2 prayer shawls for church, and put tags on them.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh I didnít know that, perhaps I should feed it amd hope for the best.

Sharon is coming for the day, she has 1 1/2 hr drive, weather suppose to be be ok, high of 39..

Best I get a move on..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Anyone here ever use the Magic Loop style of knitting? I watched a YouTube instructional, and it doesn't look all that great, or easy. Without knowing that's what it was called, I did it, and it just seems labour intensive. I'd rather knit with needles that are the correct length.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lol stick with what you do best but always nice to try something new..

Busy day yesterday, sharon got here at 9 and left at 4, I worked a tad on my turkey project, had massage at 5, Greg came at 7:30 to put new tracking on my quilt frame

This morning the girls will come then I can play!

It seems the only thing I did all weekend was drive to Othello & back multiple times, sit and wait for next person to show it to!! I showed apartment and Ben is meeting with guy today (I showed it to him yesterday) and he will sign paperwork and Ben will collect the money. At least that will be done by the end of the day (I HOPE!)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sure hope Pat the rental goes through without a hitch..has it been empty for awhile? Know you had a needy lady renting..

Stuffed turkey parts and veggies, ready for another grunge..pattern says sew wings and thighs on turkey before doing so, Iím thinking grunge then glue to turkey..big decision right. Lol

Sharon bought me a kit, says itís in..very pretty..Iím getting behind again.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Best I try to think up something for supper seeing as my turkey projectis taking up the oven. Lol

Coated with cinnamon,nutmeg and all spice it sure smells nice in jere

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

OH, that's your "fake" turkey!! I didn't recognize it as such lol Good for you, Betty!

I legality challenged. Got a letter from a lawyer re: my mom's will, etc, and I do not understand it. I understand the part of the executor's fees and such, but not what's being done with the estate. Oh well, I'll talk to my sister Ruth (executor) at some point & find out details later. Not in a rush for the probate - feels weird thinking of this so close to Mother's Day...... last year she was with us, this year she isn't

Well... "new renter" called after Ben was already 1/2 way there to say he had to stay "over" at work and would not be off until 5.30. So instead of 3.30 Ben waited and waited and at 7.30 came home. He did show it to a nice para-pro from the school and she wants it.

So Ben is going back Thursday to get her money & complete paperwork. Snooze ya lose. The "new renter" didn't even respond after he was late for the 5.30 appointment. He is history.

The "needy" woman left and we rented it to a really nice older woman who had been living with her nephew & family. when nephew moved to Othello the family could not find a big enough place for everybody so she rented alone. She was wonderful and we were sorry to see her go but happy that the family found an affordable large enough home for everybody again so she could move in with them.

so I guess that was the long answer to "No" it's not been empty long. Ruby moved out this past Saturday and this Thursday our school district employee will move in.

Betty your turkey is turning out so cute. looking forward to the finished assembled product.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - how awesome that you've gotten the place rented. I agree - "Snooze ya lose"
There's been a cancellation @ PT, so they called me & I start today @ 11

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad Pat that itís being rented and hopefully to a great tenant, Less worry for you Iím sure

Finished it, big mistake, wonít do same on the next but itís good enough for me..need to f8nd some kind of primitive platter.

Well Iíve under taken cleaning dining room cupboard,mwhat I thought might take a few hours is taking me all day lol. Big smile, wasnít even the day I picked it from my to do jar!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

If you've made a mistake, Betty, I don't see it. Unless you mean to stuff it more?

I like that you have a Job Jar (a la Hi & Lois comic!). I should start a Job Jar for myself. Sounds like I'd get a lot more done that way.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Never stopped from early morning to 3:30..girls come at 7
Did something stupid, order figh and chips..tummy is not doing so good, donít want to vomit as that whole vomiting process might act up

Grrr, my stupid

Oh I hate it when my tummy is unhappy with some choice I made!!

The omazroprale has sure helped my acid reflex, MUCH more comfortable.

I take that too Pat, sure does help me feel better.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, back to normal, lots of trips to washroom all night but a godsend I didnít start vomiting..took meds, they helped

Will have to look for your suggested med..not sure they are here but if not will look, if not Iíll ask Joyce when she comes up from Ohio to bring me some..not going stateside is the pitzzzz lol

Betty, so sorry 45 has you Pitzzzzd. Most of us didn't vote for him. I didn't vote for her either though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.