MAY ideas,Challenges and Organizing Ourselves..come join in the chat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Holy wahhhh, the months pass by so quickly I almost forgot we started a new month..

We came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1472729/

Worked on runner today, raining so was a good day for it..girls are coming tonight vs las night so think I will now put my feet up, maybe have an hourís nap then tidy up a bit downstairs

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Ok Betty - I sent you the file for the Whooo Loves Ya, Owl dishcloth :-)
I'm thinking I would do the same in a t-towel, if the cotton yarn would be functional for doing dishes. What do you ladies think?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

clueless here, sorry. I just don't know about yarn.
Betty, beautiful colors and the quilting is so pretty. WAY above my wildest imaging or aspirations!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Girls just left..

Cotton all the way Susan, thanks for the pattern

Pat, I decided to go tone on tone with adhesive flannel as quilting backing

They need goodand it should make great throw

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow we are into May already and actually having some nice weather. I don't trust it as yet, we've had snow after this so let's just wait it out.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

you're welcome, Betty :-)

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Betty, those Santa's are really nice.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I need more flannel backed with adhesive to f8nish what I need, just finishing my 3rd, have enough for a few more but that is it, too bad, want to make a throw to see how it looks

Would be an easy piece to do, throw embroidery mach8ne on, do one here and there till I have a set done,quilting already done.

Some day I will have an embroidery machine. So many projects you can do.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have one but it's old. It works fine but does not get along with Windows 10 so basically all I can do with it is the built in stuff. Also just the small 4 x 4 hoop. I only use it maybe once or twice a year. I'd love a newer one but can't really justify it. I'd love to be able to work up my own labels..

I bought fabric paint and have designed a few labels and been very happy with them. I bought a whole book of ideas.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is good, Pat, can really be creative using color pends for fabric

I made some labels for Sharon using an inukchuk
Iíll have to look to see what can be downloaded now that Iím getting more comfortable using my embroidery machine

Linda came to do her bag today, I worked on finishing 10 different redwood santas while she worked..now Iíll have to set them in a throw

Rita dropped in, booked flight for Las Vegas and California coast end of July, itís days end for me,

A TV dinner, bath and bedtime

I got another massage today, got one last Saturday AND have one scheduled for NEXT Saturday.

I came home and did more ground prep. I have the ground cleared, wet newspaper down and weed cloth for the first section. Going to be a LONG project LOL. I hope to get more hired help.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Did an inventory today of my yard/garden -
Doing well/growing/budding - False Indigo I got in Manitoba, 2 bleeding hearts, Mock Orange bush, 2 floribunda rose bushes (will be 5' wide when mature), rhubarb, Saskatoon bush, Spirea (small shrub I planted last year), Honeysuckle, and more
Things I'm not sure about - one small rosebush that did Fabulously last year, Datura, and the 2 peonies I planted last year.
I bought 6 portulaca, and a red Dahlia - I planted them today. The Dahlia in a large planter, and 3 portulaca in a planter, and the other 3 in my side garden. I wanted some colour in my yard. Between the green & brown, it's not that colourful, and the weeds are about 1/2 of the yard......

I'm grateful the neighbor mowed, he had dandelions over a foot tall all in seed stage, RIGHT next to the bare ground I am trying to get clear clean & graveled. I do not need his weed seeds!

I bought 2 spireas couple of years ago and one has done really well and other one didn't make it. I think the dead one was just far enough back that it didn't get as much water.

I hope to get a bleeding heart bought & planted and a couple of hostas. Raining this evening, getting all 3 garbage cans rounded up off various areas of the yard out to the road was a treat (NOT).

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hey Pat - My spirea was planted last year, and I'm pleased to see the tiny buds on it. I had 2 bleeding hearts & one's definitely back - can't see any buds coming out of the ground on the other one. Bought same time, & planted in same place - 3 ft apart.
Glad your neighbour mowed, but still - I gather you'll get weeds anyway, because they'd gone to seed......

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe with the snow and ice weíve had just weeks ago it will have discouraged dandelions..you are well on your way pat of having your yard up to the point that you can sit,relax and enjoy it.

Susan n Pat I have tried and tried to grow bleeding heart but to no avail..maybe I will try again.

Pond is up amd running, enjoy hearing the sound of water, big job done, achy this morning

Going to put wash in dryer, finish my coffee and play with the redwork santas until it warms up, suppose to be in high 60ís today..with rain coming end of week i want to get as much outdoor work as I can done..hoping the clean up crew come this week as promised then I will feel somewhat on top of things.

With in and out of hospital last two summers my gardens went to weeds, not sure I will be able to bring it back to life.

While sitting on couch watching tv at night,early morning I played with my first penny rug..started small, will make an excellent mug rug

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Bleeding hearts is another of my favorites I had to leave behind. I have such a list of things I want to plant if I ever get to move. No very hopeful at this point.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bleeding hearts are one of my all-time favourites! It's one of my "required" plants. That, and rhubarb lol I'm just an old fashioned type of gal :_)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well neither can I grow

Itís 11, right on target to go work outside

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh WOW, Betty - those are awesome! Did you say you had 9 patterns, or was it more?

it's 21c out now, so I'm going to put a light top on, and a cap, and do some planting!! Flower seeds need to be planted :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

It came in a digital format for 10 santaís
Wish I hadnít run out of red embroidery thread as I could be making more..easy for some Christmas gifts

What brand of thread are you using? My sis has found one she LOVES. I will ask what brand. Such a fun project Betty!

I love the penny rug and those Santa's.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat Iíll check when I go downstairs in the morning, believe it was the one I bought from husqvarna store at joanns

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

so many things you can do with your Santa patterns, Betty A big Thumbs Up to you for working on Christmas stuff already!
I'm not that far ahead yet - working on the yard. I was cleaning, sanding & scraping old peeling paint off our garden fence (at the back of the veggie garden). Time to go plant some flower seeds in the containers :-)

I took a different quilt top to work today to hang over the door window. It sure didn't look as good as the black / floral one that I had hanging prior. Hopefully I can finish the black one soon and get it rehung COMPLETE.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

what an awesome idea, Pat!

Today I am finally getting the church banner worked on! Hope to have it done for Sunday. I need it to be done for them to hang it for May 20th - Pentecost Sunday. It's a stained-glass look, with a dove flying down to flames.

Make sure you post photos when you get your project done.
I went with 2 other ladies from our quilting group Monday, and dropped of 14 quilts to the childrens ranch in Leakey, Texas. They were so happy to get them. They also have a thrift shop there, and I bought a Bernina embroidery machine for $50.00, and it works. It was made in 1999, but it works, it came with a few cards with designs, but I can also download designs to the machine from my computer. Now I need to learn to use it.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

wow - $50 for an embroidery machine? That's pretty darned awesome! Can cards be designed for them from a picture? I'm thinking of family or nature pics, etc.

I think you can download images from your computer to a card for the machine. But I am limited to a 4◊6 image size

That is awesome Linda!! what a lovely blessing from your charity trip!

Betty, where are you?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Awesome deal Linda, Thinking there are more designs available online. I have an old Brother Embroidery machine.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg lindakay, a terrific buy..actually after you let go of the intimidation of using it youíll enjoy, if not you have an extra sew8mg machine.

Iím down with a cold so taking it easy, decided to start another set of santaís, on #4
I just go downstairs here and there and put another on, goes quickly.

In the meantime I am working with penny rugs, need red,maroon wooden fabric to do one that has a cardinal on it, more Xmas gifts lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Glad you're taking it easy, Betty - you need to.
LK - even a 4x6 card is great. How wonderful!

I'm working on the church banner - hope to have it done for Pentecost Sunday, on May 20th.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Just play with it Linda, they are easier than you think.

Happy Mother's day all... hope it's wonderful and you hear from all your kiddos.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, high 60ís here today so will get outside around 10 and work in the yards, weeds and over growth calling my name..

Ohio girls are coming Friday so Iíve some wood cutting, glass drilling etc to get ready for a craft day with them next Monday so my sewing projects will have to wait.

I did though get 3 more sets of santas done just waiting for when I get some red fabric, also did binfpding onthe embroideredtable runner.

On my list of things to finish before I get deep into quilting are the winter bird throw to quilt and the other set of embroidered blocks for table runner..so many things, so little time..

How are you feeling today Betty?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.