Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

MAY ideas,Challenges and Organizing Ourselves..come join in the chat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Feeling great, will just puddle in the yard and do little things..I just put candles in secret garden chandelier lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - so little time before Christmas 2018? Oh my................
Are the embroidered blocks done, and going into a quilt?

Up early & will start my day now.
Yesterday I started painting the garden fence, and today I'm working on the Sistah's lap quilt. All gathered from 2012, and bittersweet since Dorothy Mitchell & Barb Jenkin's blocks are in it and they've both now passed away.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, the Santa throws I posted above..want to make as many of them as I can see8ng they are easy to do and not time consuming.

I just lit the fire pit and added all the branches and twigs, yard getting cleaner with each hour..donít know why I donít start from fr9nt to back gardens but Iíve started back to front..guess I spend more time in the back..need to get a big shrub dug up, not sure it can be done without a backhoe..itís the one under big frame, I cut it down but now itís just twigs..Hm maybe I can cut branches and try my best at digging bits and pieces..worth a try

Victoria Harbour, ON

Donít know if I showed you the new pattern and embroidery design I bought yesterday

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - that's adorable!! No, you hadn't shown it to us until now :-)

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

That is so pretty.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

love the new designs Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Tks

Suzanne this is the santaquilt done in redwood, that one I just posted hasnít Ben done as yet

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

how you do such beautiful work so quickly, with all the other things you do, I just don't know.......... As a gardener, in the spring/summer, you keep yourself busy outdoors, too!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well Susan there are several reasons I can accomplish much

.very focused
.no hubby so not sharing those hours with him
.get up 5-6 a.m.

Got my Quilter back on frame,thank goodness for Greg..sooo will finish my coffee and try a swatch to see how clear monofilament thread works

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

With your pretty new patterns I may have to stop procrastinating and try something with my embroidery machine!!! Or EASIER, use Marie's.
I had my fitting today for the new molds for the hearing aids. They really fit deep into the ear channel and with every movement of my jaw I hearing crackling. We'll see how I adjust.
After my fitting I took the day off. Worked outside for 8 hours today. I need to spray chemicals in the front and THAT area will be done. the flower beds weeded, annual planted, manure and bark applied.
I have MOST of the work behind the house done. I didn't want to do any spraying until morning so it will be at it's best timing to work. I probably will go into work an hour late. Soooooooooo much to do but I'm making headway.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hooray for the new hearing aids!! I hope you adjust well to them.
Hooray for taking time off, too!!

I would like an embroidery machine, but would also like a serger. We'll see how things go, in August, with all the renos for $$.

Pat, you have been busy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Iím with lindakay Pat, you sure have been busy, gardens must be looking great, soon time for you to sit and enjoy! How is Ben doing?

Rather cold here in the mornings so I donít go out until 11 to work in the yard so been quilting that Ďwinter birdsí that has been dragging around for months,got most random quilted, enough that I can put the binding on, thing Iíll add a hanging pocket as well.

Bought 3bags of black mulch for around the back garden area where the 3 water pillars are, Ive dug that area up so much not a lot of plants left lol so mulch will hide bare spots until itís warm enough to plant.

Not sure about USA but hanging plants for a decent one is $24.99-$34.99
I could use about 6 ..have to think that one out.

Best I have another coffee, breakfast then get dressed, with a day in gardens and girls coming to sew tonight likely Iíll be exhausted by tonight.

Hanging baskets are $12.00 - $20.00 here. You can buy a flat of starter plants and make your own.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm starting everything from seed, except for one Dahlia on my deck. I have dahlias, nasturtiums, wood sorrel, etc, seed planted, but also have some perennials coming up (bleeding heart, roses)

cheapest hanging planter is $20 and goes up to $35. I had a beautiful one last year I bought discounted and I'm just too cheap to spend that much on one that isn't what I WANT. I ended up buying the stuff and starting one. In the end it would have been cheaper to buy the completed one but it would not have had some of the plants I wanted in it.
WAY TOO MUCH TO BE DONE, to sit and enjoy it. I am racing against time. Trying to get pre emergent stuff on the areas that I have cleared and get the flowers in before it's too hot. It seems like it goes from moderately warm, 80 to 100 in a flash and the flowers have GOT to be established to survive.
Ben has to go the hospital EVERY day for a new IV treatment for UTI for a week. It seems like it's always something. The urine is not as cloudy so I hope he's getting better.
Ben slept a LOT better last night. I sure didn't. Only got a couple of hours in spite of taking a sleep aid and then a pain med. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Very glad to hear that Ben slept so much better last night.
Hope the sleep angels find you tonight. Sorry to hear you didn't have a good night's sleep last night.

Wall Hanging Block Mini-swap
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1476183/

Anyone interested in making a few quilt blocks? Karen, Pat?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

You can make anything you want from 4 blocks - 4 pillows, part of a lap quilt, part of a larger quilt - whatever your creative mind wants to make of the 4 blocks. Your creativity holds no limits lol

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Too much on my plate, this won't work for me.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is too bad, my thoughts was to embroider 4 santaís For each of you so you can make a throw or runner, easy for me and think you would love the blocks

Victoria Harbour, ON

Did hand sewing on winter birds throw, binding done

Other than wedding quilts Iím caught up on quilting..still lots of projects in the works though

I would love to get some of your red Santa's.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Sorry too much up in the air now.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is what I will send then..

Karen, what are you up to?? Are you still thinking of renting something down there and rent out you home?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'd love to do that Betty but the thought of moving twice is just too much. Hope we sell soon and if we don't, will just be resigned to staying put.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Big undertaking for sure Karen..

Ohio girls arrive today, will give the house a once going over by then the chill of the day should be gone and I can get outside..

Betty, do you have a big snowman embroidery pattern yet???

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hmmm no, do you? How big in the hoop?

Been looking at getting these

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Better view

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are really pretty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thinking of buying then, justhave tosee if Iíd make it

Ohio girlsshould e here any minute

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Really pretty Betty. Bet you'd make a nice job of it.

"one of these days" I keep saying. I probably will get my feet wet with the machine embroidery at Marie's with one of her machines. SHE knows how to use them, LOL.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well the Ohio girls have been and now homeward bound.

What a busy trip it was, from Blue Mountains Scandinavian Village toNiagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake to a day of crafting, gathering of friends

At the end of it they went home with many memories of laughter as wee as a Christmas tree, bird feeder, placemats, some a set of 4, others a set of 6, each picking a design...even had then prepare and configure an embroidered Santa..they will frame theirs.

Iím working to get house back into shape, tired today so an easy day for me.

My Wednesday evening girls called to cancel tonight, Lordy that was good news. Lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

While we all had a fun day yesterday pat made a table topper with her four blocks..
Suzanne sent me photo of her granddaughter playing with jilt I made her.

Sharon called me, wants to go to Buffalo this weekend s she is out of fabric, not sure she has convinced me..says I need not buy anything lol

Soon be June, gardens are looking good, just in the time girls were here it amazed
Me at how large some plants grew.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Are the placemats painted?

Met with the kitchen designer last night and called him back today and changed part of my order already!!! I hope he doesn't think I'm too big of a flake! I REALLY wanted white cabinets but ordered the stained wood instead because it's more forgiving of Ben's wheelchair abuse, cost less and would be ready quicker. I just wasn't happy with my decision and changed it to painted white. Happy now!!! LOL

expecting Ben's 3 daughters & one granddaughter this weekend.

BOTH of our renters are moving out of the Othello rental!!! Studio just gave notice, his job changed (2 supervisors were fired and he was promoted, so his shifts have changed and no longer needs the studio)

I think this is the perfect time to try and get the rental house/studio ready and SELL it. I'll start the work next week and contact realtors etc and make a decision. The only thing I know for SURE is I am NOT using the one I had before!!!

A dear friend of mine was at my house and I offered to let her see if there was anything in my closet she wanted to borrow for a job interview that she was going on. I pulled an animal print blouse out and she said "thought animal prints were slutty". As soon as she said it she thought better of it, considering it just came out of my closet!!! So, a mutual friend of ours, Andrea, & myself have NEVER let her live it down. When we wear an animal print, we send a picture in a text etc.

Well.. we decided that when Sheila got her new job we would celebrate with her and get her a "few things" for her office as a surpise. Tomorrow we meet for dinner and here is a picture of the things I customized for her!!! Can't wait to give them to her !!

Notebooks, bookend, fly swapper, 2 zippered bags, cosmetic mirror, hair brush, office organizer, tape dispenser, paperclip holder and stapler.

Thumbnail by psychw2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.