Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

MAY ideas,Challenges and Organizing Ourselves..come join in the chat!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LOL Pat!!!!!!!! You little stinkers you, and Andrea!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

LOL Pat, awesome "revenge".

I'm soooo glad we sold our rental. The income was nice but the headaches sure weren't. We also made the mistake of trying to be good to people and they in turn walked all over us. One thing I did learn, be sure to have an expert do your taxes dealing with the sale, Ours saved us literally thousands.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I love the animal print. I think you will all get a laugh out if it.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have to share our beautiful granddaughter Debra who graduates tomorrow. Debra has many struggles in her life none of them her fault but they were put on her none the less. She came to our family at age 2 1/2 for short-term emergency care. We knew from the start we could never let her go.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg Pat that is just too precious lol

Yes lindakay, they painted them, all different and more to their kitchen house theme

Today Iím working on my to doís..house is in order, had to embroider on Gregís favorite jacket name of his company to replace where I took off his old company name

Victoria Harbour, ON

Now Iím working on making a hockey jersey into a pillow

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Karen, she is beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wow Karen, she is beautiful...

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Congrats to her & your family for making a difference in her life forever.

Congrats to her & your family for making a difference in her life forever.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Seems funny to be making Christmas blocks in the heat of May - ironing the pieces is a very warm thing, but then I think of snowy Christmas and it cools me down lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Best time to make them Susan..lol

Now that all my chores and projects are caught up Iíll start mine..goal is to mail by weeks end.

When I was at my sisters yesterday she gave me my secret window kit she had ordered for me for my birthday, ordered one for herself as well, as I was leaving she told me I was to wait for her to come so we could do it together..drats, opened it up this morning and want to do it.

Instead with the machine table runner blocks I hadnít done anything with I think Iíll put them together and get another done seeing as itís Darleneís birthday Wednesday and she fell in love withe the piece when she was last here..gift solved seeing as she has everything and itís always hard to find something for her.

Promised myself a lazy day, sewing can fit in to a lazy day right?

This message was edited May 27, 2018 6:29 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I saw that panel done on youtube. Jordan fabrics showed how it is done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP1IyR-FjT4&t=122s

This message was edited May 27, 2018 8:59 AM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

but but but ....... Betty - I want to be GARDENING lol
Seriously though, it's both nice to get a jump on the season, and do something that feels cool even while I'm using a hot iron & a hot light on the sewing machine lol
Been a busy week, but hope it's settling down now so I can get things done.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Busy 2 weeks here as well susan, think now Iíve put groceries away Iíll rest a bit and when it cools off a bit Iíll go out and plant the perennials I bought.

Originally called for rain most of the week but now sunshine and in 70-80ís

Doing anything for your Memorial Day weekend?

Too hot for any outside activities. 105 today and climbing. Any outside work has to be done early in the morning.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I got a nice compliment yesterday, about our yard. My friend Pat, who moved here the same time we did, said our yard is lovely, and she can't see where I get the energy. I told her "doing things you love, gives you the energy."

Victoria Harbour, ON

Memorial Day, time to be pensive and think of family whose lives were lost in past wars and praying for those in the service who may be sent to fight for freedom..hugs

Susan, yards in spring seem overwhelming re amount of work needed then all of a sudden they turn showing whatís to come, the beauty soon to be.

Lindakay, wouldnít the method of that panel look nice done with another panel..a.m. sure Iíve oanels somewhere, just need to go look

Walked the gardens this morning..omg talk about growth in just one week, some plants over a ft tall in growth s8nce Ohio girls left wedn.

Picked some weeds until the black flies came out so am at a standstill till sun forces them to hide then I get to cut grass, do trimming and pick more weeks and of course bought a lot of plants yesterday that need to find a home.

In the meantime Advanced embroidery has a 40% coupon on itís designs so just thinking there might be a design or two Iíd like to have.

Want to start something or finish something while waiting for outdoor chore time, just not sure whichproject it will be..

Got the pillow done for ex DILís friend from her sons jersey, that is a plus, whatto do whatto do??

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That pillow came out nice.
I agree, other panels would look nice too!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

As you might expect, not getting a thing done. Some company leaving today, some tomorrow.
It's been great fun but tiring.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think you need a day of rest..a well deserved one.. although we energized out batteries it doesnít mean they stay energized forever, even batteries need recharging sooo rest rest rest Karen!!

Iíve been in and out today,little bits at a time, in the meanwhile Iíve been playing with a penny rug while relaxing on the couch.

Hear a neighbour cutting grass, no not my junky neighbor, best I go do m8ne

Victoria Harbour, ON

Enjoying your day? pat itís an extra day for you, am sure you have each hour accounted for..did you end up putt8ng the rental up for sale?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Love the penny rug Betty.

Company expected at 2 PM, (20 minutes from now) the oven just died. I have brought in the roaster oven so Ben can cook the apple crisp and then, afterwards, start the turkey breast. I honestly try to not be cranky and resentful but really, he got out of the bedroom today at noon. THEN he had to eat and take his medication, that's another hour. And he wonders why I don't count on him for help?

I would not bet the farm on company being here by 3 PM. Ben's girls all seem to run on Hull time. I tell Ben that is VERY difficult for me & my German background. WE expect to be on time!~~ LOL

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Very nice pillow, Betty.
What is that, with the buttons? That's a "penny rug"? Never heard of one before.

Pat - can well understand how frustrating it is, when Ben takes so long to start his day (1pm??? Does he stay up That late?), and being late...... well, my Bob's like that. He was late for our wedding day lol (no, it wasn't funny at the time).
Hull time,eh? yuck

I'm fussing with the Christmas blocks for the mini-swap. Air's turning a bit blue lol just a bit......
Bob's outside trying to finish the first of the 3 Little Free Libraries for our community. It would be nice to have one ready to show the ladies at Crafting tomorrow.
In about a week, an elderly friend of ours is coming to visit us. Bob's worried about him falling. Doug fell & broke his nose on Thurs. He says the cement was all broken up, his brother says Doug wasn't paying attention......... The den is where we'll set up his bed, and there's a step up from it into our home. Would hate to have him fall. He tends to fall a lot more this past 6 months - spent some weeks in the hospital last fall, when he fell where he volunteered. It is a care home for paraplegics and now they don't want him volunteering there anymore - worried about their liability. Bob's worried too, although any hospital near here is a lot better care & wait time than he would get at home, in Calgary.
He's never been to our new location, nor seen the work we've done on our home, and I'd love to have him visit. We used to be his "taxi service" when we lived in Calgary and now we haven't seen him much for the past (almost) 2 years.

I got the release papers for Mom's will & our inheritance. It's bittersweet - we really need the funds to do necessary renos on our home (don't want the pipes to freeze this year, and need to repair the damage the movers did, when they moved our home), but I wish it weren't coming in this manner.
I'll get them notarized and send off to the lawyers in Winnipeg. Shouldn't be that long to receive the funds.

I understand Susan, I inherited quite a bit with my Dad's passing but I would rather have had my Dad. He was sooooooo sick, it was a blessing for him, poor guy.

My company and is gone and I am going to close myself in a dark room and take a nap. I am exhausted. Oldest daughter was sicker than a dog but better today. I hope they do OK on the next leg of the trip.

So much I should be doing but I do think the nap is the most important.

Sure hope they take all the germs with them. You guys don't need to get sick.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iím with lindakay, here is hoping germs go with them..

We were to get an inheritance after dad died, my stepmother stopped talking to us right after he was buried, found a new live, lots of time at cassinoís, no 8nheritance..oh well, know,dad would have wanted us to have it, all that counts

Hope you rest well Pat, well deserved nap.

I just cut back yard and did trimming, thinking itís enough for today, front tmr

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - just as I said here, when my ex died he didn't mention our daughter at all, so she got no inheritance at all. His wife is, according to the bank, making some ill-advised judgement calls on the $$ and my daughter says she'll likely only have 3 years on the $$, the way she's spending it. She was hurt that he didn't even mention her in his will. At least his wife has mentioned our daughter in her will, giving her the RRSPs. It's not that Michelle needs the money - to the contrary, but to be mentioned would have been an acknowledgement of everything she did for the two of them, taking them to the Drs, hospital, end-of-life clinic, etc. She helped through all of it and his wife's kids couldn't have even cared. She's 76 and can't look after herself, financially. Oh well.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happens Susan, Iím better off, know my dad would have wanted me to have it..I lived before the thought of inheritance and will live after not getting it!

Iíll Finish coffee then go put a Santa on embroidery machine, take about 10 minutes to wash the floors then outside I go for a bit. Suppose to be 82 today, donít want to be working in full s7n.

Going out for lunch today with friend Dianne, taking her out for her birthday!

She is also a quilter , always enjoy hearing and seeing what she is doing..

Girls come tonight so a full day ahead

Victoria Harbour, ON

I have a helper today, loves outside work lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll probably not be here too often for a bit. Have my great grands here for three weeks and making the most of the time. Also trying to finish up 4 quilts for presentation of five in July.
Betty, so envious of you being able to work so far ahead. Christmas isn't even on my radar as yet.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Drop in when you can, a high and photoís while having coffee. Lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Help - I have a challenge, and I'm not sure how quickly the Admin will answer.
I changed my Location here, but not my address. How do I change my address?

n/m - I figured it out lol

This message was edited May 30, 2018 8:53 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

You could have just emailed it to us susan but glad you figured it out.

Just got back from lunch, restaurant on the lake, miss my home on the lake, big sigh.

Do I want to go out and pick weeds for a bit or have a nap??

I vote NAP.
I slept until 7AM yesterday, napped from about noon to 3 and again from 5 to 8, went to bed at 10!!!
I managed to get into my PCP this morning for the fatigue, he is running labs and did EKG, will have my CPap checked if the labs don't show anything. Saw the audiologist this afternoon and traded in my "in the ear" hearing aids for more traditional behind the ear and I like them better already.
I have an emergency DDS appointment tomorrow. I think the question is HOW MANY root canals I will be needing, not if.
I am soooooooooo tired. came home after the hearing appointment, did not return to work. Between all the medical appts I got only 5.3/4 hours worked today.
We found someone to take care of the mowing and watering at our house in Othello, most essential step in getting place back into shape.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I d-mailed to Admin, and they said I could change location, but not address.
I d-mailed back and said I found out how to change my address LOL
They don't have it all down "pat" yet, obviously.

I was unable to find where the addresses are on the site now. Can you give me instructions? My address for last 5 years is the one on Jean street in Kennewick, Let me know if anyone does not have it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

can you all dmail me your addresses to save going on line and searching please, am hoping to get blocks mailed either this aft if Iíve addresses or in the morning.

Pat, to find the address exchange, go to top of page, click on guides and information, then click on extras tab, on the next page, far right side, then click on address exchange.

Here is the link if you can't find it.

https://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.