Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

Barb Jenkins...Quilter5bdsr

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Longtime member Barb Jenkins, known to all of us as Quilter5bdsr has passed away. She was such a vibrant and active part of DG for so long. She loved to craft and sew and was quite talented. She was also active on our daily chat threads that are so much fun. She was always here and always had a kind word and a helping hand for any newbies. She will be missed.

Thumbnail by melody
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes, she surely will be missed.
I have a Signature Block that she made, from 2009 when a group of us sent blocks to each other. I made a lap quilt from all the blocks that were sent then. Hers was 3rd from the top here.
Here also is a Round Robin center she made in 2012 - we sent them to each other and added borders. When done, the center went to went back to the originator. She was quite the quilter - beautiful work!
I have many happy memories of her.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the thread for Barb.

She will be dearly missed by all.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Barb was always a warm, happy individual and always saw the glass half full. She is very missed and we all wish blessings for her family.

Verona, ON

Barb was a very special person. She had a huge heart and shared it willingly to the members of DG.

One time I met Barb and Norm at Thea's and Bernie's house for a weekend. Thea and Barb went to a fabric store towing me along.Well I thought they were talking a special language when they were showing each other talking about the fabric ....... Barb laughed right out loud when she saw me rolling my eyes back into my head. I had no idea what a fat quarter meant.

Barb as many here on DG do I miss you every day.

With love and respect
Dianne and her TH

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

In doing my "to do" stuff for this year, I found another quilt square from Barb (block swap 2012). She took part in so many groups with so many people who appreciated her talents, humour & ability to see the best in people.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Thought I would post Barb's obit and pic .. she sure is missed ...

Here is her obit ..

Mrs. Barbara "Barb" Jenkins (King), passed away peacefully on January 13 th , 2018 in Concord, NH at the age of 74.

Barbara is survived by her husband, Norman Jenkins of Hillsboro, NH; she is preceded in death by a brother Lawrence King of Pelham, NH. Survived by brother Alan and his wife Janice of Wakefield, NH; and brother Arthur of Rutherfordton, NC; son, Anthony DeLollis, daughter-in law Mary, granddaughters Rachel and Grace of Colorado Springs, CO.; son David DeLollis, of Chesterfield, NH; son, Robert Magee, daughter -in -law Danielle, granddaughters Madison and Sophia of Londonderry, NH; daughter Stacy Morin, son-in law Scott Morin, grandsons Brandon and Sean of Hillsboro, NH along with several nieces and nephews.

Barbara was born on September 6 th , 1943 in Wakefield, MA to Bernice (Robbins) King and Melvin King. She graduated from Wakefield High School in 1962. Barb was an accomplished quilter, as well as counted cross-stitch and many other handcrafts and arts. She often donated her talents to Children's Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD) as well as several local charitable organizations. Barbara was passionate about being kind, giving of herself, and loving her family. Barb had many friends including on-line quilters and artisans like herself.

All are welcome to celebrate Barbara's life with her family and friends on Saturday, June 2 rd , 2018 at the Morin household. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Concord VNA Hospice House at 240 Pleasant St, Concord, NH 03301.

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks "M".

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Hugs Barb....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.