Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

JUNE Ideas,Challenges,Organizing ourselves..time for friends to gather and sew & Chat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

We moved from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1475066/

Imagine, June and nice weather..now that gardens are up to pat I can concentrate on finishing a few projects and perhaps thane on a few more.

Pleased with all I accomplished in May.,feeling better has put me back on track.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

The Santas worked up so pretty with that red fabric (shown on other thread). I have some red with small white snow flakes I will see if I like that combo as much as what you have shown!

Lately I just seem to trade one pain for another, or just add on. I did something to my back yesterday and was in so much pain!!! Better this morning and moving cautiously.

The tooth pain has settled down and I have root canal and crown scheduled for next Monday.

I am still really liking the new hearing aids. I'll know more about how effective they are once I am out in the field doing assessments with clients. I have not had any since new aids. My sister is out of town, she speaks very softly and is one of the people hardest for me to hear.

My blood work all came back good so now it's on to test my CPAP machine and see if I need an adjustment. I should NOT be this tired.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure hope you get some answers soon Pat.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is not good news Pat..Suzanne has Capp machine as well and as soon as she is tired she knows an adjustment is needed.

Good news on hearing aids though.

Doesnít know what it wants to do outside, my thoughts are to get the bin of Xmas scraps and see what the blocks of redwork would look like done with strips, have a few things to do intown, thinking Iíll do that mid afternoon.

Off to get wash out of the dryer..heck might even sit outside for a bit if the sun comes out.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Good news with the hearing aids Pat. Hubby likes his but sometimes they work too well and he hears every tiny noise especially when driving.

Victoria Harbour, ON

What do you think about me us8ng my scraps vs using just red around the blocks..my goal is with these Xmas gifts to use what I have, good way to use some up but donít want it to look cheap??

NOTE, didnít iron the white on Santa yet so you wonít have those wrinkleslol

This message was edited Jun 1, 2018 11:16 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love those borders!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

These would make terrific Christmas placemats.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well Iím on 3 realize but not too late that some blocks you do too and bottom first then next sides first so the match better..

Here I thought I had so much strip fabric, forgot that I nearly cut everything last year when I was doing that Christmas rug that I gave up with...feeling better this year so all I have to do is sew squares together and itís done so best I get it done..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Love the borders on your Santas, Betty

Pat - Bob takes his hearing aides out every night, but last night he didn't disconnect the batteries. They got all used up, so he had to recharge them. Are all hearing aid batteries rechargable? Glad to hear yours are working well for you.

No, not all are rechargeable, my hearing aids are not. That is why when the aides are not in use it's important to open them so the battery is not engaged and being run down.

I like the borders and I don't think it looks cheap at all.

Victoria Harbour, ON

No like

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I see what you mean, Betty - it does detract from the beauty of the Santas - maybe too busy?!?! Not cheap looking, too busy

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yep, wonít do another like this, it will be a Christmas list for someone lol

When I was laying down earlier did my Christmas 2018. List,names only, when I buy gifts or make gifts for someone Iíll fill them in

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm still dealing with birthdays coming up lol

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Heading downstate for another DGD graduation today. They will be having a joint party in July. Their theme is Oasis...could be interesting.

Betty I like the Christmas borders around the Santas but maybe just one pattern around each. borders could be different though, I think that would be fine.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Safe travels

Going to keep to all,red, highlight the santas..tried on, no like so keep to tried and true

I can tell for SURE that when I garden and work outside I do NOT get full-on plumbers burn. BUT (Pun intended) my jeans will ride a little South and my shirt not cover so I now I have a 3 inch stripe of burn between jeans and shirt WELL above butt-crack. You can't argue with a burn or tan! LOL

Son & his wife worked with me Saturday and Sunday in Othello trying to get the house ready for sale. I am grateful the INSIDE doesn't look like the OUTSIDE!! The next 2 things that would make the most different is planting flowers in front, weed cloth & bark, refinish the hard wood floors.... consider starting over with back yard. The renters pretty much killed it with neglect, nothing lives in this area without watering!!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Back home again with another DGD graduated. Just two more grands to go and then start with the greats. Long day but well worth it.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Tired I guess forgot her picture. Melanie Rose.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Beautiful young lady Karen..
You do so much not a wonder you are tired..
Not getting beyond 54 today with rain later in the day so will re organize my craft room and do some sewing.

That is a lot of traveling. Congrats to Melanie Rose.

Beautiful young lady, I am sure since YOU are Grandma, she is just as beautiful INSIDE.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Spending time from hand sewing binding on Christmas quilt and sewing the 2nd table runner..likely by tonight Iíll have them both done then on to something else..

Having wood for the fence delivered in the morning..yippee, another major project done!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hooray hooray hooray! Soon you'll have your fence up & you can beautify it, too!
I'm heading out to paint my garden fence white, then I'm going to paint some flowers, etc on it - would like some garden art!!

We found 3 old iron porch supports that are ornate and HEAVY. I am thinking of hauling them home from Othello and seeing if I can make something like garden entry out of them. I will likely need a person capable of doing iron cutting and welding...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds interesting Pat
Are properties selling in Othello?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Nice score, Pat! Now, to find a cutter/welder!

Yes, housing is selling OK and this is the best time so I need to get it on the market as fast as possible. I have a guy who says he wants to put an offer on it, but unless it's a REAL offer no strings attached, I will not put off going with the realtor.

I have the order kind of messed up but first picture is after some clean up, second you can see some of the same BEFORE we started including all those tall weeds in the foreground. 3rd picture, all those weeds gone, 2 is same corner as 5 corner after clean up.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2018 5:41 AM

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Lots of hard work, Pat, and nice job! Having someone tentatively offering is a nice feeling, eh? :-)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mega work Pat, is that in Othello or your home? Wouldnít it be great if offer was light and you didnít have to use a realtor..

Girls are coming shortly, had to call them and tell them they must park on roadside, cement and wood coming for fencing. Andrew must have come late last night and dropped off the mini excavator so if rain holds off he will get posts in..Iím just sad that a lot of trees/shrubs I planted to hide the neighbor has to come down..big sigh

Was up early, always am when itís garbage day, finished borders on the 2nd machine quilted table runner, so wish I had made one in earth tones for me..not to worry, just may make another but these 2 will be gifts

Yes, Othello, I could NEVER live with a mess like that!! I would have to beg friends and family if I could not afford help rather than live with that mess. I don't know how people can neglect their surroundings so much!!!

When I had a time in life when I knew I could not tend my flower beds (back to school full time with 4 kids, 2 not yet in school) . I took the flower beds out, weed cloth & rock, a couple of wood barrels of flowers and called it good enough. I could not have seen the flower beds in that state of neglect!

It would be a real blessing if this is decent offer before I get the realtor signed on!!

Wish I was doing some sewing RIGHT now but off to work, the paying job, not the ones I prefer here or in Othello!!

Now that son has my camera adapter working, I can post pictures again!! These are pictures from May of same area front & then back. My do nothing but provide backdrop picket fence!! My little oasis of flowers I can see from my dining room table. Last picture of the area in March, I got the pics out of order when I tried to preview. THESE are from my current home.

This message was edited Jun 5, 2018 2:41 PM

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Beautiful gardens pat.

Victoria Harbour, ON

They are beautiful gardens Pat..yep I donít understand as well how people habpve no pride in their yard..by tomorrow Iíll have paid $4200.to remedy neighbors who have no pride.

Just fed workers

Andrew had to cut lots of shrubs/trees down, did manage to leave the 2 biggest limb overhangs and might be able to build around them...they now have clear path, the holes are dug and they are now cementing posts in then that is it for the day..tomorrow if it doesnít rain they can start to build..who knows might be finished tomorrow night or thursday a.m.
should go take a look but hate to see cute patio out back with all trees gone and a lot of the ground dug up by machine...big big sigh

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - that's very lovely! You should be proud of the way it looks :-)
Betty - I know it sounds daunting, but we know you love your garden & you'll be able to make it lovely again. Lucky you - a new blank slate to play in!
I must admit to my own "less than lovely" garden - it's still a work in progress, and I hate to see the construction mess by the shed 2/3 of the way down our yard. I'm SO tired of seeing blue tarps, I can't begin to tell you. Our veggie garden is good (and lots of plants are springing up), and where I have perennials sprouting it's good, but where Bob has his construction tools & siding in the yard, plus the jetted tub on our back deck - makes me go arrrrrrrrrgh! with frustration. I want it all organized and Pretty - NOW, please........ ah well, it will get worse before it gets better, when they start renos...... no room indoors or a garage to do the work, so all outside and when it rains it gets covered with...... (wait for it...) Blue Tarps lol
Trying to keep my sense of humour & my vision of what it will be.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Feel like crying,
Before today

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Today after clearing for fencing
Same area

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Length of fencing area cleared and rusts thought the yard, know they will level but so much seeding of grass

Overwhelming

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Seeding, as opposed to sod? Sod would be more expensive, of course, but also more immediate. What kind of seed do you use? I've seen some that are a combo of 3 kinds of grasses - blue grass, I think rye, and something else. For me, it's a case of "it'll grow anywhere, even on cement" lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.