JULY Challenges, Projects & Organizing Ourselves, everyone welcome!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1478007/

How on earth did we get to July so quickly??

Pat, Lordy girl, not a wonder you are tired, hoping you were able to get some rest without the pain waking you..

I laid 26 rolls of sod near fencing yesterday, hope I donít kill it as it looks pretty nice, finishes off another corner..think both you and I are almost caught up, wouldnít that be grand?

Susan is just starting her renoís, have patience Susan, lots of work..

Girls decided they werenít coming today seeing as they stayed in most of the weekend due to heat so will get some things done this morning instead of coming,,Iím excited about that as I really wasnít into it.

Soim working on a project for my sister and justmight get some quilting on my cousin Garyís quilt that is on the frame..we will see just how much energy I have

Are you all off today because of July 4th?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat, I was able to locate Prosser using Google Earth. perhaps that will help you, it's a free download.

Victoria Harbour, ON

What is presser Karen?

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Prosser is the city that Pat has to travel to today for work.
Thanks for the new room Betty.
Christmas will be here before we know it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks lindakay, just wondered what presser was, should have gone back and re read.

That it will, we are on the downswing..

Got the top done for Sharon, she just wanted planes on front, blue on bottom, wasnít wide enough nor did she have enough to cut in half and make a longer top so had to steal from back fabric..now she is 2 yard short..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love those colors.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Pretty quilt top. Sharon should know how to calculate fabric requirements, that surprises me that she would make that mistake.
I knew where the city of Prosser was, just not this new street. I tried google map and could locate it, just not MapQuest, which is what I normally use at work. I go Thursda for the assessment, grateful it was NOT today.
Yes, we have 4th off and Ben invited family. We'll see when/if they get here. His family is not as dependable/ punctual as mine. Good people, I like them.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LINDA KAY!!!!! shhhhhhh about Christmas - just got into July, for pete's sake! You're scaring me, girl!! Remember, 2018 is my year to get things DONE and I won't, with Christmas breathing down my neck LOL!!!
wow - I'd better get a move on!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy 4th of July everyone..

Pat, Sharon really wasnít making a quilt persay, her daughter wanted a throw so she bought enough to make a fair sized one by cutting yardage in half and sewing together but problem was planes would be going sideways sooo had to come up with alternate plan.

Iím up amd at it, today will be even hotter than weekend so Iím getting sod drenched, will water gardens before heat of the day..they will be thirsty by tonight.

Iíll play in craft room, not sure on what but Iíll pass the day putzing around.

Enjoy your festivities

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm caught between gov't paperwork for repayment of our renos, and painting the fence. Prepping the fence for painting prretties on it!
Well, off to the PO to send in the paperwork :-)

Oooooooooooooo I am so proud of your decide to be mature and complete the paperwork!!! (So you can get MONEY back and BUY pretties!! LOL)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hahahahaha thank you, Pat - you're a dear! My DH has his ideas of what he wants to buy.......... new front door, new toilet, new bathroom counter & sink (well, that last is also on my wish list........ I don't like the old crazed look in the sink and it's a one-piece with the counter).

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hardwhenyou want to do so much susan, got tomake a budget for each project and stick to it, even that doesnít always work, ask me lol

Pat might come sew this morning, be nice as I always enjoy her visits, Iíve another project 3/4 done so will play with that..glad I got that other wedding quilt done, now to quilt them..decided I need to quilt one a month and by fall they will allbe ready, only Kyle has a girlfriend and no talk of marriage there although theyíve been living together for several years, the other 3 just playing the field so no hurry for sure but itís more for me, never know with being sick more than Iíd like that best they get done..thenthere are Quilts I want to give them all, need 6, think Iíve 4 so that is a bonus, shouldbe doabke..am sure shortly they will say Ďweíve enough momí
Who has enough quilts lol

I would not bet against the guys "playing the field" to marry before Kyle. It seems once they are living together for several years the drive to marry diminishes. That's just what I have seen. I have spoken to several couples that married after "several years" and the wives all told me it "was different", "felt more secure" etc... NOT the same as living together.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

my daughter has a quilt made by my grandma, and now being returned to me for a THIRD repair - she will continue to throw it in the wash and the fabric is Fragile.
I think this time I'll keep it........ she's mailing it to me for repair.
She may finally "get" that it's delicate, but I don't think so......

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Oh Susan, THAT is heart breaking!!! Quilts are sooooo precious!

Praying you can fix them, and keep they safe.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm not sure what condition it's in now - that was a previous repair (2nd). This will be the 3rd repair since Michelle got given it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíd be doing my best at repairing , taking forever to do so as far as she knows and keeping it.

We have offers on the Othello house!!

Praying one of those go through.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hooray Pat!! I hope & pray you get the offer you want!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Doing happy dance Oat, letís hope it goes through with final date being soon..hurrah hurrah

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hooray, the plumber was here and they manhandled the old tub out, and measure the new tub for fit & travel through the house (doorways, etc).
Bad news is - the upper ceiling support has a crack in it, the wall has mold & rotten wood, the floor is the same with rotten wood.
Good news is - we can fix it easily & the plumber will come back to install the new tub when Bob's finished the reconstruction. It'll take Bob a couple of days to rebuild, and the plumber will come back when we're ready. He'll made time, he said.

Susan, you need to be careful with all that mold, it can make you sick.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I second that lindakay, nasty stuff..

thanks all
And yes be CAREFUL! be sure to get it OUT & wear face protection etc.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I brought Bob a new face mask from the hospital when I went for PT today. He has one now, but I thought he should update it. I keep after him to put it on.
I have a feeling that the mold in the closet & tub area (right next to each other) have been causing my overly dry throat & coughing. Sometimes it's tough to convince Bob that my gut feelings are RIGHT. Eventually (?!) he'll "get" it and realize I'm right. I keep hoping this will happen........

Good luck with that!! heheheh

Victoria Harbour, ON

Tired tonight, quilted Sharonís batique quilt and she did her dig quilt, other than a sandwhich at lunch we never moved from the machines we were quilting on..she left one for me to do on the frame, had a 2nd one to leavebut didnít have backing for it, Iím glad if that lol

So far Iíve the following for quilt8ng

Betty. -3 wedding quilts
Sharon- 2quilts
Gary - 3 quilts
Mom. - cross stitch Queen quilt top

Best I get ambitious right

Victoria Harbour, ON

Today work..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wow!!! That's a lot of work Betty. I do love the Batik quilt, looks like stained glass

This message was edited Jul 7, 2018 6:16 PM

That is a lot of quilting to do.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Always nice to finish projects youíve made..it certainly was a full day of quilting for both of us, I quilted a large flower thena couple of circular squiggles and a set of leaves then started them all over again...I could really have made them bigger and it would have gone much quicker

Thinking I have plans for my day but one never knows p, plans change..plan of the day so far does not include sewing, more yard work, repairing a 4í stained glass heron. And delivering to brother in law Paul..letís see what I actually do

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm back to handstitching the lap quilt. Getting a lot done on it actually. Well, it doesn't look like I've done much, but will keep plugging away on it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Some projects are slower than others

Betty needs MORE of her own quilts so she appears to have less time for others to fill!!! Bless you Betty, you have a good heart (and soft head!).

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yeah, I agree, Pat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Big smile here Pat, must keep practicing that word NO but how can one say no when itís important to others and I still have time for me...

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yes, the word NO has many useful applicaitons, and I'm learning it more now. I even say NO to friends. It's difficult, and sometimes they think I'm kidding.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.