JULY Challenges, Projects & Organizing Ourselves, everyone welcome!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

WelllllllllllÖ. if you WANT to do it, AND they are THERE for you as much as you are there for them, then GREAT! It's win, win. If it's a ONE way relationship... and you don't want to do it, DON'T. Nobody says you have to do everything everybody wants you to! Many times people are clueless about what the time commitment is for what they are asking!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That would be in my case Susan lol

Worked on changing 2 sets of rails on frame, trying to make sure rollers are sitting ok on them, hafvgaryís quilt on frame, had to undo a little..wasnít easy resetting quilt and machine on frame, it weighs a ton but got to this point, now to try it, almost afraid to incase it j7mps the track lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

WELL............ our jetted tub has the electrical set, and now the plumber is here.
We'll be able to have a bath, but not the shower, until the aquaboard & tiling is put in. That will take a couple of days.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh hot bath tonight susan, next Reno will be same for me, need jets, that or hot tub

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

here's a funny - when the electricians were setting up the breaker, they used the place where we had the hot tub breaker. It was a 40amp, with a GFI. It was a custom made job, and they took it with them, in error. I called them and asked if they'd give us a discount for the almost new breaker. They said they could do that, or return it. We asked for the discount, then called another electrical service company. They said it was worth over $500! I called our electricians and told them. They're returning it! lol The company we called about the cost is going to see if they can buy it from us. Hope they can.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! How can they accidentally take your box?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

seems that when they took it out to replace it with the 15amp that was all that was needed, they put it on the floor...... as for putting it in their bag, well..... I wasn't in their heads, but they said it was a mistake. At least now we have it back.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, would be nice if you could get some $$ for the panel.

Up and at it, want to get some quilting done on Garyís train panel quilt he made..
Normally Iíd quilt it with a proper design but he said random so random it is, doing my easiest stitch, although the stitches are really showing on the black you canít really see it on the panel..hoping by tomorrow itís off the frame and I can get Sharonís on..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think Iím getting better at random quilting, not all exact but does that matter?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quilting looks terrific Betty. Hope I can manage it one day.

Your stitching is beautiful Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not next project but the next Iíll try one of my pantograph and see how I like following one of them

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I googled pantograph, and not sure I understand it. Is it drawing on paper, sewing it onto the quilt and then tearing the paper away, or directly drawing with eraseable pencils & stitching it?

Today I'm going to use a blade on our oscillator to take paint off an old door we got for the bathroom - Bob wants to take it down to the wood & refinish it to its old beauty before we replace the hollow core door that's on there now.

Victoria Harbour, ON

No Susan, itís a roll of paper which has a design on, there are hundreds to pick from,mi have a later on quilting frame, just need to follow design and it quilts the patter on the pantogram
Iím tired and hurting, worked outside this a.m., had company all afternoon, first joanne then Helene who wanted to finish her daughterís quilt made from volleyball shirts , got binding done, Iíll make her a label but in meantime she can hand sew binding..she did pretty good for her first quilt, her daughter will love it

Iíll not have classes at night now till September when everyoneís schedules get back to normal..

This message was edited Jul 12, 2018 6:22 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photo

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat,did,you have,your surgery? If so hope you are not in too,much pain..

I need to be at hospital tomorrow at 2.30 PM.
Accepted offer on rental house in Othello. Now finish paperwork and schedule closing.

Susan, this is a pantograph If you skip to about 6 & 1/2 minutes, it will show what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-nSLvlQoA

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good tutorial lindakay, will watch it again when Iím ready to try the pantographs

I watched part before my ADD kicked in and I moved on. I hope to sit thru it all later.

We are officially in "Pending" status on the house, inspection & appraisal next hurdles. Closing on or before 8/10.

Waiting,... waiting.... HATE afternoon surgery. You sit hungry and thirsty waiting!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I was really lucky one time I kept getting delayed, was starving, and a nurse walks through eating. I said Hey!! unfair.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat, likely by now you have had your operation, looking for update.

Iím so darn disgusted with our Fabricland which is similar to joanns but only deal with fabric, I already used as spool of variegated thread on Garyís quilt, not quite half way, so remembered Fabricland had same brand but limited colors, drove 45 minutes and found it but look what they charge for same thing I pay $8.00 and sometimes less on sale, $28.60 plus 13% tax..donít buy much there and will buy even less..wouldnít have paid it but with going away and other projects waiting to be done had to do it.

His quilt is soooo big that I had to turn over about 12Ē on the side which Iíll have to do once itís off the frame on regular wide throat machine.

Wonít hve enough to quilt it all but enough to take off frame

Holy cow! $30.00 for a spool of thread?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Had I not needed it Iíd have said keep it..and fabric shops such as this wonder why some of us shop stateside

Pat, hope all goes well and it does close in August.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Pat - Gentle hugs, lovely thoughts & I know you'll do well in your surgery. Hope the house sale goes through :-)

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Todays presentation. The first 5 L to R in the rear were today. The others were from last year. They brought their quilts today too so a group photo could be taken. This is a wonderful family, always make me feel so welcome and are very generous with donations to our QOV group.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Beautiful quilts Karen. They all look honored.

I would love a better look at the far right bottom one with the gold sashing

home, hurting. hope to not miss any work. I have Mondays off so will be 4th day after surgery when I return

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat this is it, one from last year.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

You are indeed a blessing to this organization..Stunning quilts and how blessed they must have felt..know the name of that block Karen?

Not a long time time off Pat especially if you you have to use it a lot during the day..maybe you could squeeze onmoreday?

Light rain dur8ng the night so I think I will quilt a tadongaryís quilt until it dries up a bit out there

Need a coffee/toast

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't remember off hand Betty (surprise, surprise) but I can look in my patterns. It was a fun one to make.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Such an eye catching design

what really caught my eye was the panel in the middle. I have yards of an air force print that is golds and blues, no reds. that panel looks like it would coordinate beautifully.
that block is beautiful and look forward to learning name as well!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well Poo! I've been through all my patterns twice, searched Quilters Cache and other free patterns sources. I cannot imagine not finding it. I have put out a request to my QOV group hoping someone else might have it too. I know I didn't discard it, it has to be somewhere.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat that center panel was a pain in the drain to work with, It was very crooked and refused to be tamed. If I remember it was a clearance sale panel and worth what I paid. LOL
I ordered several but now use it cut apart.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Found a tutorial but read to the end as there is a correction.

www.walnutstreetquilts.com/tutorials-quilt-block-label/pinwheel-quilt-block-tutorial-12/

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks for all the trouble you went throu Karen to find it..a.m. quilting right now and donít want to stay on the couch much longer than my 10minute break...

Iím giving my head a shake, cousin Gary wanted this 4 train panels used, much to wide with borders so we rolled over about 12 inches where I am not quilting, that section will be done manually, the excess fabric and batting is causing the upper part to shift somewhat grrr and I donít know if the throat of my machine will take much more bulk, then, every time I roll it I have to get on the floor and try to straighten backing

Grrrr big time

My one wish today is to get darn thing off the frame and see how muck of a mess there is

yes, when people who don't do a certain craft do not know what they asking for!!! grrr is right.

karen, yes, sometimes on "clearance" we discover we over paid!! lol

if you still have more panels could I buy one or two ?? or perhaps I could buy you some good panels to trade you?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Also Pinwheel #8 on Quilters Cache
quilterscache.com/P/Pinwheel8Block.html

Easier pattern to print out.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2018 12:14 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images