vintage metal glider

Muskegon, MI

Does any one know what name brand this glider is?
Where to get parts for it? Pictures of the frame with all it's parts?
Pictures of it with the original cushions?

Thumbnail by bonnielou
San Antonio, TX, United States

Are you sure itís a glider? Does it swing back and forth? It looks more like a daybed.

Muskegon, MI

A daybed? It moves back and forth a little.

Englewood, FL

I enlarged the picture & I can see what looks like a glider mechanism, a little oil on the joints may improve the glide if the parts aren't worn out ( like my knees but I can't oil them) What parts do you need?

Muskegon, MI

I think it is missing a couple of straps under the springs. There is also a couple of metal "hooks" off from the back that I don't know what they are for.

Englewood, FL

Bonnielou try this

http://retrovintagepatio.com/index.html

Muskegon, MI

Thank you!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Bonnielou, did you ever get this project finished? I would love to see pictures.

Englewood, FL

Hi all. Pic. #1 rustic Farm House style pie safe made from a high boy dresser. #2 another dresser made to look like a library card file, drawer pulls have a place for a small ID card, actually has only 5 drawers made to look like15. #3 Fence board Christmas tree decorated mostly with old rusty hardware pieces # 4 Ottoman with 2 drawers made to look like 12. #5 a farm house dining room piece, owner painted it white & distressed it.

Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail

those are fine pieces! VERY nice!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I agree, very nice Infantail!
Bonnielou, I am also curious if you found what you needed for teh glider

Jasspunkin, I miss several of the forum I was active in prior that have been consolidated or just drifted away. The trash to treasure was one of my favorites!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Mine too! I did a new thread about something I did and I will try to be active.. I miss all the chats!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I miss the various fora too. There were wide ranging topics that were so informative and had many people asking questions and experts responding. When it turned to "chat" it became less interesting.

Ifantail is an amazingly creative upscaler. The forum was created to share ideas.

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

I like that there are char forums and info forums. Idont mind chat if its about the topic

Englewood, FL

I miss the old set up too, 5 or 6 posted regularly, several others a couple of times a month, we were like family, now I only check in ever couple if weeks & most of the time there is nothing, it would be nice to get something going again. By the way, welcome Jazzpunkin .

Yes, I imagine a good share of the issue is the number of people that changed "sites" and are no longer active here @ DG. I did both for a while but did not care for the layout of the other site so disconnected activity there. HERE, I can't say I like some of the forum changes etc. Oh well... and I really miss some of regulars that I no longer see.

Englewood, FL

I spend some of my time on the * Nextdoor * site now, anyone else use this?

This message was edited Sep 28, 2020 2:27 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you stayed with us Pat..

Englewood, FL

My grandson found aa old beat up dresser curbside, I cut it in half.

Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail

Did you already have the bun feet to add to the top half to make the bench? I LOVE it! It has so long since I have done anything creative with T2T. My creative juices have been spent on quilting and doll clothes lately. HOWEVER, I do have ONE piece that is going to get some love. I'll post a picture if I ever get it done!!

My son snagged a headboard for me recently, not sure what it will become.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wow, Iím impressed
Bet he wants it back

Englewood, FL

psychw2 The legs on lower half, on he right, are original to the piece, I never throw away the legs of something I repurpose, those came from an old curbside sofa, there were 6, took the "buns" left the sofa, they were a little too tall for this piece so i shortened them up a bit. The pics are table legs & ceiling fan blades.

This message was edited Mar 21, 2021 3:02 PM

Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail Thumbnail by ifantail

I have collected a fan & saved some legs to do that same thing. I just have not gotten to it yet. Yours are adorable!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great art

The headboard found a new home with my SIL Sharon. I needed to reclaim more of garage so I could get some projects done. Chances are I will be helping her with whatever SHE or her daughter do with the headboard. Yeah, when it's done, I will regret not getting to it myself but I only have so much time and energy!

Victoria Harbour, ON

You recycle a lot,of things Pat, you can always get another

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I got a very nice pot from my neighbors. They had placed it out for bulk day pickup. They said it was crooked. The bottom of the pedestal pot was warped. I just use it outside and use soil to level it out. Beautiful pot.

It's always fun to salvage something that was going to the garbage!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe Iíd garage sales start Iíll go out as a form of entertainment to see if I can find treasures just like you both

My headboard was at the dump! LOL. it was on the truck ahead of us so Adam snagged it for me!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Too funny
There are fines here if you take something from the dump

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

My father's favorite trip of the month was to the dump. He always brought more back that he took.

Yea, it's posted but so far.... I have come away unscathed! LOL Besides we didn't go pawing thru it, it was right on top in the next dump bay.

Englewood, FL

I get all my stuff for repurposing at garage sales, never more than $10., or curb side for free.
psychw2 did you finish it yet.

Nope, when I was in the midst of cleaning the garage and preparing for son & family to move in with me, I rehomed it with my sister in law. The funny part is that I likely will help HER do something with it!!! She & I work on projects together. We are both women that would rather have a new power tool than a manicure!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

i have my manicure and pedicure but tool areas of HD and Lowe is my spot. My neighbor comes and borrow4s tools when he needs them. He says it is like going to HD. I just got a table that I picked out of someone's bulk day pickup. Leg was detached from base. We will just drill and put in a nut and bolt. I will take before and after photo. Owners son helped me carry it home.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

This is my table I rescued from the neighbors bulk day trash. It has a glass top. I got the paint today and Monday I will sand it down and paint. The glass is really dirty and calcified. That will take some work to get it clean.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon

Sharon, are you going to leave the top clear glass (after getting all the minerals build up off) or are you going to do something different with it? The scroll work is really pretty showing thru the top. I always thought I would enjoy doing a mosaic someday.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is really a find Sharon..know it will be a focal point somewhere in your gardens, have you ever tried clear OS glass in black bottle, can purchase it at Bath and Beyond, sure does a number on glass....

now I on the other hand would be encouraging it to rust, you know how I love rusted art

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.