SOLVED: A rare unnamed Peperomia?

San Gerardo de Rivas, Costa Rica(Zone 12b)

I stumbled across another little Peperomia today while trying to find more of the 1st one I found last week (New variegated epiphyte? thread). This is a new one and caught my eye because of the red stripes on the undersides of the leaves. It was just overhead, so they stood out from below. There are about a dozen little plants ranging in height from about 1" to 3" and the largest leaf is around 1.5" long. They were all growing together in a clump of moss on a small dead branch, which was hanging over a cliff and ready to fall. About 50 ft. below was the rocky Chirripo river. Some of them are flowering and the spadix above the leaves is about 5" long.

The photos aren't that good and the little plants kept flopping over. I tried to show the red stripes on the undersides of the leaves as well as the topsides, which are green with a slight reddish tint, and the flower stalks.

Thumbnail by vanillaman Thumbnail by vanillaman Thumbnail by vanillaman Thumbnail by vanillaman
San Francisco, CA

Very nice find!
Sorry I don't recognize it.

San Gerardo de Rivas, Costa Rica(Zone 12b)

Thank-you Vestia. I can't find anything like this one or the 1st striped one I found last week. They're both growing in the same general area, but not all that close together.
Seems like I've found a unique little Peperomia spot here. Checked all the images on that site you recommended (peperomia.net) and there's nothing there either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.