Our 19th Annual Photo Contest is now open for entries. You can submit your best images HERE

AUGUST Challenges, Projects and Organizing ourselves while enjoying friendship of others!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1480827/

Vacation almost over..did find a few sewing shops, bought a few easy patterns so not all was lost in the time away from sewing room lol

This message was edited Aug 4, 2018 9:45 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

slow easy day today - will go to town, then maybe go fishing.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I hope to get a little altering done, maybe even make the curtain for a coworker for his cubical.

My oldest is in town with wife so not sewing today.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Homeward bounty this afternooon..
my machines are missing me lol

Seeing mom looked after Ziggy Iíll make an attempt to redo her cross stitch quilt, reset and maybe even put it on the frame

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Have a safe trip. Hard to believe it went so quickly.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Safe travels, Betty! I know your bed, and Ziggy are calling to you!!!

Ziggy is like most pets, he will stick tight to her like tick for the next 2 weeks!

Our dogs are very mad for a few days when we leave home and return. Once they get over that, they are like velcro.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ziggy is ignoring me although she slept on my bed last night

Just finished taking moms cross stitch apart and sewed it back together..8 hrs later itís done

Might push myself to put it on frame tonight

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Good for you, Betty - after your flight, I'll bet that doing the cross stitch was therapeutic.

Victoria Harbour, ON

It was susan..

Traced patterns designs I bought ..the pumpkin placemats and wine Christmas sock so am ready to see what fabrics ihacpveand cut some out, then outside for a few hours to cut grass, tomorrow I need to get weeding done..was thinking my yard looks like a forest and just figured out why, being in deserts and mountains pas 12 days all this green makes me think i am in a jungle lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lol Betty - good to be back in your own little patch of jungle, eh?
Bob finished 2 of the 3 Little Libraries, and the Wellness Centre ladies are thrilled. Now, to get the gov't agency out to supervise where they're to be put (we decided, they just have to "see" them put in)

I think the little libraries are a GREAT idea.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

They are, and they're bigger than some people thought they'd be, too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Am sure they love them susan...

Got myblock from Pat, love candy canes Oat..
Now to figure out a design for a throw and get at it

Not sure wht, when in California at a fabric shop I bought a panel and fabric to do a Halloween piece, was suppose to glow in the dark, does NOT!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Pretty

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Finished this top yesterday

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Astriking karen, tops just keep getting more awesome..love this one.

Went to Barrie to lens mills and Fabricland..
Lordy, spray at Fabricland was $53.98 then add in 13%tax
Ask me if I bought some..needed grommets they are at Fabricland,used to have hardware of thT sort alwYs. 50% off, not anymore, paid $12.98 for 8..did buy backing for my pumpkins placemats for $4.50 a yard, big sale they said, nope..

at lens mills bought 1/4 meter for pumpkin slices and the ribbon I need for wine totes..

Sooo need a trip to joanns

Karen, that is beautiful.

KAREN!!!! my GOODNESS THAT IS BEAUTIFUL AND IS HONESTLY SIMPLE ENOUGH I think I COULD HANDLE IT!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wine bottle carriers done, like how the inner bag does not go into thecurl,of the sock

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat it was very simple to make. A lot of cutting involved. just 4 1/2" squares but good for using up scraps. Let me know if you'd like pattern.

I would LOVE the pattern Karen.

Betty, I love all the creative ideas you got for using those socks on the other thread. LOTS of great ideas!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, love all the suggestions..

Bought Walmart Elmerís craft adhesive spray last night and sprayed front layer of pumpkin placemats on batting, seems to have worked well, got the pumpkin slices done with decorative stitches and hope to have them done by noon.

I had also bought fabric and panel for Halloween piece, sales woman said thefabric would glow, I even set it out in the sunshine yesterday but no go..perhaps she sold me wrong fabric..disappointing if so!

Yesterday I got all I had to do done, this morning I was up at 5a.m. and got my washand dishes done so nothing else to do this weekend except sew and play in the yard, love those type of weekends

Victoria Harbour, ON

Trying to decide on green leaves or orange brown leaves?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll send it Pat.

I think I like the contrast with the green, Betty

I like them both, do some of each.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Picked the orange/brown as I thought it would be easier to match napkins..
Hoped to be done by noon, hurrah for me, Iíve 10 minutes to spare lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are beautiful.

When you were talking about your Halloween and pumpkin crafts I thought "OH boy, I can work on mine, maybe I'll have that new wall hanging done!" Then sadly remembered they are all boxed up in barn waiting for the remodel to finish when it hasn't even STARTED.... I am so disappointed. I really wish I could jump ship and start with new contractor. He has NONE of my money but he has already ordered and paid for the new flooring.

Sewing it not one of the approved full activities yet for my hand anyhow... *sigh*

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hkniw how you feel Pat, when I had the flood I thought it would never end but now itís done, was worth the wait so have courage, all of a sudden everyone will be there and youíll be thrilled.

Got the hose and wet the trees, ground as far as the water could reach, flooded around the fire pit, was amazed at how far the ashes travelled..
Cut down 1/2 a pit full again from the front, Another burn tomorrow. I can actually see the road now..a little more should be cut but I need one of the boys who are tall and stronger than I to operate the long l8mb cutters.

Break time again, trying to decide if I want a nap or maybe sew for a bit..might even consider taking a bath, boy do I smell like smoke.

Big sigh lol

I understand the need for someone taller and stronger!! I have wisteria that needs a BIG hair cut, it is encroaching on the Dog Wood tree.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Karen that QOV is beyond stunning! Any chance of getting the pattern also?

So... how has everyone been? I haven't posted for a very long time but know that hard times have been gone through and hope that you are all on the mending side now.

I finished that RWB quilt for my stepson, its bold!

SUE!~ show us pictures!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Welcome back, always nice to see you post Sue...
Would love to see a photo as well

Counting sheep isnít working, sandman lost his way..almosttempted to get up and be productive..big sigh

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the welcome back!

Found the picture: hard to get a good picture of it.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Finished Susan's crazy quilt lap quilt last night, in time to give it to her for her birthday! Today we had the Potluck BBQ hosted at our place for the Mobile Park. It was great - people said they enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to next years.
Some pictures from the RCMP police dog training services. They're all German Shepherds they train.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh love the quilt, canít seem to read what the inner medallion says? Did your son have an idea he was getting it? Bet he was absolutely thrilled..did you long arm quilt it?

Susan great photos, you sure are taking time to enjoy life while Susan is there, wonít be long she will be heading home...this has been her what 3rd year visiting?

Again, sleep avoided me so I was up early, by 6:30 I was downstairs, had bought a panel and 3 fat quarters and had leftover brown/orange from the pumpkin backing and leftover batting that I sewed together for correct size..love it when you can use up your stash to make things.

Sure wish those who design panels would add same outer design on panel to the sides as well or manufacture same fabric design..could have cut it off but thought why bother, just a throw that will be set out for a few weeks.

Am finding Walmart adhesive Elmerís craft spray is way tackier than the one I buy at joanns so will wait amd see if itís dry later this afternoon so I can quickly quilt and put binding on it.

Only pattern left to do is Christmas quilt with outer hanging feet, the pattern is so confusing. Paper pattern shows itís quite like paper piecing except pieces are cut out and sewn together, designer calls her method Completey Craziness oiec8ng.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

So, the picture of the Christmas quilt is the pattern? Not what you have started? Not sure I understand but it sure is cute!!
I see what you mean about the border. Many times I have wished for the border fabric on all 4 sides. SOMETIMES it lends itself to being cut up and placed in the border but don't think it would have worked well with that panel.
Son just called, his wife was in car accident and he is headed to hospital. EMTs said she looks OK, he'll update me later.

Sue, is the interior of the blocks cut from an over all print of the Air Force? It looks JUST like the fabric I have several yards of and I was trying to think of how I could cut and use it. I thought I'd use big strips of it as the border and cut the rest into smaller blocks like you did. If you have the need for more fabric, let me know. I only bought it because I found it at a thrift store for DIRT cheap and could not pass it up.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.