Morning Glories 2018 #13

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Back home now just can't see too well. the patch is so big over my eye, I can't wear my glasses
Your blooms are beautiful Helena. I love all of them including the subtle colors.
I saw them this morning b4 I left for my surgery.
I didn;t have hardly any blooms, mine almost done for.
Took a pic of my Pencil tree, will try to upload and post
DH's sister was there getting her eye done too this morning,

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Sending prayers for a speedy recovery Jackie.

Thanks Linda. I'm hopeful I'll get better every day.
I go in early in the morning to get the patch and bandage taken off.
My pencil tree, I;ve got a smaller one too.

Thumbnail by patootie

That is cool. We have a cactus down here called a pencil cactus, it gets red berries on it during the winter,

Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Glad your ok recovering Jackie. I guess everything takes time to heal.
I like your neat cactus too. I have a small collection of cactus's.

Yours is neat too Linda.

Like the red berries Linda.
Mine is not really a cactus its a succulent in the euphorbia family. I've just always called it a pencil cactus. Better known as a pencil tree.

Gautier, MS

After the rain double rainbows, one completing in front of my house.

The pink blzd was supposed to be Starry Night seed that I grew several years ago, so what happened to the blue that I was expecting? I'm a bit disappointed.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I love your pics this morning Helena, I great rainbow pics.How nice to be able to see again.
Beautiful Starry Nite not Helena and the purple is a beauty too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Glad you can see again. It seems I'm always getting a unexpected mg bloom. I'll have to try a couple more see to see if I still get the same color.

Beautiful blooms and rainbow Helena. Sorry your blooms were not what you expected.

I hope you try another sd Helena, Be interesting to see what
bloom you get the next time.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Jackie it had another bloom this morning with a hint of blue purple. The humidity or this weather has something to do with the color change. The specks would be the same just with the dark blue color, guess it's just no stable genes? This pink Kikyo is supposed to be blue too, seed from Gourd.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Wonder if the bees crossed the seeds? Beautiful blooms Helena.

Debra, I saw on our local news this morning, that a lot of people are complaining of bees. 2 older men were hospitalized, with over 200 stings. They said with all the rain we have had, the bees can't get out and feed properly, they are getting hungry, and angry. Please be careful.

Lost my post again. Wonderful blooms Helena. I love your Starry Nite dressed in pink
and # 4 looking so full and lacy. Pretty little Kikyo too.
I was so excited, I tried to mark this lite blue hige on the pole out back
Blue Saz
I thought # 3 was the one Helena likes but I think now it's a Purple TDye
# 4 the best pic I could get of Peppermint Hige

This message was edited Sep 27, 2018 4:02 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad you got a lite blue hige. Your peppermint hige bloomed too! We are getting more rain here, I'm about to be sick of it and will have to move my mgs into gh to dry out. It's almost Oct. anyway. My hummers are being very aggressive.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. We are sick of the rain too. I've got 90% of my plants back in the g house. I had to do it while DGS was here to do most of the work,
Great pics of your hummers. All we can do to keep the solution fresh for our hummers, they will be heading south pretty soon
Havre to take our oldest cat to the vet, could have kidney failure, he;s 17.
So tired of losing my pets. I don;t want anymore, tired of the pain of losing them.

This message was edited Sep 27, 2018 4:08 PM

Love the hummers.
Sorry to hear about your cat Jackie.

Thanks Linda.
Vet said his kidneys are fine but could have another problem brewing
We'll know more later..
He has an upper respiratory so vet gave him the 2 week convenia shot
We're just hoping for the best.

Gautier, MS

Hope your cat gets better Jackie. Always sad when our pets get sick. Had mine at the vet last week too. Another one is also in her late years, she sleeps at the oddest places.
I think I have the same repeat blooms but this purple star has made a neat "block".

Beautiful blooms Helena. That purple star has the pretty pink throat, the speckles, and that white wedge.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
I missed 2 blooms this morning, the pink from Onalee's seed came a lot darker than the envelope picture from Japan shows. I had to help open the bloom, it was still mostly closed at 9 am. I like the blue color on Q269 cross at mid morning.
Yukon, full moon. Speckled Kikyo showing some purple and blue.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena. You're Purple Star is amazing with
the lovely color block in white,
I love your Q 269 in blue.and the Speckled Kikyo too.
The tub out back had quite a few blooms open., mostly purps.
My hige pics were blurred
LYK
and LYK 2nd day with changing colors
Purps on fence
Jamie Lynn
Carnival of Venice

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Helena and Jackie, your blooms are beautiful.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

wow, hoping your fur baby is feeling better, that you can see better, that everyone is healthy, and enjoyed catching up w/you to see they wonderful array of colors, patterns and shapes of the beautiful morning glorys. We had a pencil cactus at Scholfield Honda, but it got drowned , it was about 6 ft tall. Your begonia is awesome, I can't grow those either, I just drown them. I'm working, and only have about a half a day to really go out and see whats happening anymore. Betty Marshall is blooming downstairs, ( Brugmansia) Son took 8 ft tall plumeria and lavender morning glory ( I carnea) to where I work, they will prolly bloom in a few weeks. It is gray and windy today, sitting here in the quiet watching the hummers fight the bees for the food, and they manage to get some. Still have hummer mommas raising a brood here.. below is an example of what is blooming here morning glory wise

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, Linda and Debra.
Jackie, your blooms are gorgeous. Of coarse the 1st is my fav. and 2nd with neat color.
Glad your doing good Debra. Happy to see all your pretty mg blooms. I'm happy to see my hummers here, I noticed that I have a lot of skipper butterflies or are they moths. Not seeing bees here.

Beautiful blooms Debra. I bet the seniors will enjoy the blooming plants.

Thanks girls.
My fur baby not eating now. afraid its cancer.
Just one thing after another for us Debra.
Glad you could send us some mg pics, they;re lovely thank you.
Its the wasps here Helena and Debra taking the hummer nectar.
I didn't know the hummers are raising babies this late in the yr.

Gautier, MS

So sorry to hear that your fur baby is not eating Jackie. I know that hard to see them suffer.
I'm glad Debra shared her pics with us too. My hummers are mostly mature females fueling up for the migration. I might have them here till mid or even end of Oct.
My mgs this morning. Another red zinnia opened.

Gautier, MS

Jackie here's my Clerodendrum blooming, about 4 ft. A few more zinnias too and my Aloe.

Gautier, MS

Jackie here's my Clerodendrum blooming, about 4 ft. A few more zinnias too and my Aloe.

Yet again another double post.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2018 7:27 AM

I agree, it is so hard watching our fur babies suffer. We have had so many over the years we have had to say goodbye to.
Beautiful blooms.

I';m still hopeful about my 17 yr old kitty. He's had the 2 week convenia shot but
since it's time released, taking a while to be effective. He spits up the pink
Cephalexin or I would give him that too.
Linda, thats why dh says no more pets, hurts too bad losing them
Beautiful pics Helena, love the pretty mg's but I;m crazy about your Clero,
gorgeous red flowers. Beautiful Zinnia's and love the Aloe bloom too.
Another 2 day LYK bloom fading
# 2 Would have been a special bloom if it wasn't deformed
Purpurea

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm going to try to take good care of my Clero Jackie. I use to buy younger smaller plants of it and always ended up loosing them.
Jackie, I hope your kitty recovers. It might take time.
Nice pic Linda.
Pretty blooms Jackie. Love the neat color of blooms when they fade.
I had a hige dark blue color this morning too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie and Helena, your blooms are so pretty.

Thanks Helena and Linda.
Beautiful dark blue Hige Helena.
I hope you can harvest sds from it.
Really pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I hope I get a few more blooms from that hige Jackie. That plant will be going into the greenhouse so maybe I'll get a few seeds from it. It was supposed to be blueberry twist bloom. My phone camera was not downloading my pics morning so had to use my other one. The color seems a bit more faded than the blooms show. Same repeats, will be awhile for my seedlings to bloom.

Wonderful blooms this morning Helena. Love;the little Kikyo, the blue overcast of # 4,and the color block of # 2. Could you please remind me of it's name? Not
Dany's Peach or Pink Porcelain?
Plum Gray smoke
Purp
Squash bloom
My gold Brug with new set of blooms, 1st to open

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. #1 is Yukon, #2 is Pink Porcelain x choco, # 3 is Onalee's dark pink and # 4 is Q269 cross pale blue, #5 Kikyo blue speckled from Gourd.
Pretty blooms too Jackie. I like your vivid yellow squash bloom and your pale yellow Brug. I don't think I ever grew them.

Beautiful blooms everyone.
Brugs are very temperamental. I have tried for years to grow them. I think it is too hot here.

Thanks Helena for sending names. I had my squash on the porch and not in the sun or I might have got a few squashes. My Brug will darken to gold as it ages.
Going thru my mg sds to try and start a few for this winter although I don;t usually
do well with them in the winter.My g hoiuse will be extra full this winter but I might still throw some mg sds under the benches
Glad you;ve got some seedlings coming along for winter blooms Helena.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.