Time to vote! Choose your favorite images in our annual Photo Contest HERE

OCTOBER-Challenges/Organizing Ourselves and a Shar8ng of ideas....all welcome!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved over from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1485500/

Been up since 2:30,think as you get up Iíll be having my first nap..over did on the weekend thus overtired and no can sleep.

Started October with a bang, quilted the Halloween table topper, so loved mine that I decided to give Melanie one...got the snow globe throw quilted...

With bindings left to put bindings on as well on the Christmas wine stockings I will now have a lot of hand sewing to do..maybe just sitting on couch hand sewing will be the task,of the day!

This message was edited Oct 1, 2018 5:38 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Rita gave me fabric to make 3 more wine stocking, lordy people are enabling lol
So Iíve them to sew up, they are quick

Looked for a sign for the witch wreath, there on a plastic witch until I can make one

Jeff added stitch regulator on my quilting machine so I should put something on the frame so I can play

Was able to purchase scarves and hats for the girls who want to do the glass block snowman, just couldnít find the gloves yet..ones they had were more orange than red.

Also took out the blocks I made last year for Christmas floormat I had started, had set them aside as I wasnít enjoying the project BUT decided I shouldnít throw away, should put it together so that hopefully this month will get done

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Must not forget the fruit of the loom sweatshirt I bought yesterday and cut off binding so I can make a fall jacket, want to wear it..lol

For now, think I might try a nap

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

So glad you are pacing yourself today Betty. Betting you did overdo yesterday.
I did the same while our DD was here, next day all I wanted to do was snooze.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Might have grabbed 1/2 hr sleep, maybe another mini nap in a bit

Turned the edges of the sweatshirt..thought I had jute forstitchingbut so far I canít find it.lwondering what else I can use

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

This is National Senior's Day in Canada!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

That is cute jacket.
Susan, Happy Senior day & all the rest of you Lucky Canadians

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I wish I had half your stamina Betty. I love that jacket too.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

That is cute, Betty - a sweatshirt?!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

That made a really cute jacket Betty.

Susan, Betty is cutting sweatshirt, taking off ribbing etc to make the jacket. I think the PIC is the pattern. I never would have thought to use jute or twine for the decorative stitching.

Yarn will work also.

Victoria Harbour, ON

My jute was too thick,mtried embroidery floss, too limp so going to look for something next time i am in town

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Very good ideas, Betty, and a cute jacket.
I'm cutting up tiny lengths of black yarn - making a latch rug. My sister gave me pre-cut rug yarn, and I decided (because there were so many colours, no pattern, and a lot of black) to make a patch type of rug. Each colour is surrounded by black. I ran out of black, so bought a skein of black. Unfortunately it is very soft, not sturdy like the original rug yarn. I couldn't find cheap yarn, although I looked in all the places I thought I might find some - even dollar stores. Ah well, this will be ok too. It kind of looks like stained glass, with no pattern.shades of blue, tan/gold/white, purple, and now I'm adding green. No pink/yellow or red.
I was going to make a bath mat, but Bob ended up getting one from the store. I'll still finish this mat & maybe use it in the motorhome.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wouldnít a wool shop (other than Walmart type) have your rug yarn? Maybe double it up..

Got Melís Halloween table topper done and the snow globe throw, girls come this morning, maybe this afternoon before the doctors I can get binding on the wine socks and have something to hand sew tonight

Victoria Harbour, ON

Girls are here

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Love the snow globe quilt.

I like it too, so cute.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Those are great, Betty!

Being rural Betty, we have to go with the small town shops. We don't have a wool shop out here. And the shops that have wool as part of their stock try to keep only the nicest wool. The nice wool just isn't the sturdy kind. It's meant for wearing next to the skin.

Bob & I are emptying the bathroom of the washer & dryer, and the toilet, to get all thetile off.
We have a fellow comint to put lino down.
We'll have to also level the floor because when we took some tile up it chewed up the floor where the tenants caused some water damage.
Well, best get at it... still have the toilet to remove when the tiles up

This message was edited Oct 2, 2018 10:10 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Quite the project Susan..how relieved you will be when itís all behind you ..

Iíve biding on 2 socks I can hand sew and put the sealer on the Halloween glasses, once dried I can basecoat them, about all Iíll get done today..

As always girls were here working on their projects, left at 1..think Iíll have a nap for a bit, then get at my projects

Victoria Harbour, ON

Damp, so take longer to cure

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photo

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

We're having to take up the subfloor (we put it over the old lino from when we moved in - it was ugly & stained) because it's wet, and Bob will spray some anti-mold stuff, and we'll put a new subfloor in, and we have a barter thingie going where the flooring guy will put the new lino on, for our old computer (I cleaned it off of personal stuff last night). It's all good.

Betty, what do you use for sealer on the glasses.

Susan, nice to use the barter system. I wish more people would do it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nice when you can barter susan

Lindakay, glass and tile medium, Iíll leave overnight too cure as itís damp right now then pain with acrylics, acrylics bind to glass and tile medium

Ocean Grove, NJ(Zone 7a)

These jackasses took my money and failed to send newsletters. They failed to answer our repeated email inquiries. A couple of weeks ago they advised me that my subscription was about to lapse. I again advised them that I received nothing, nada, zilch. Now they are contacting me again because they do not want my subscription to lapse. I received the DG newsletter for several years, read it beginning to end and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can somebody let the ďstaffĒ know that I do NOT want to renew the service I did not get?

Please go to this link, and post your problem. Tyson, the first person to post, started the thread will help you.

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1475577/

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

hmmmm that reminds me - I'm not getting the newsletter in email anymore, and haven't for a long time. Is there an option to NOT get it? I may have chosen that, because I get too much email as it is 😁

This talks about the newsletter.

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1483160/

Victoria Harbour, ON

Went to area asmentioned, says I should have received newsletters but never have received one?? Hmmmm

Busy hand sewing bindings in wine socks, basecoating wine glasses..have to leVehere at 10 for hospital, sure hope they can find veins

Victoria Harbour, ON

Love crafting

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

REALLY, Betty? I would never have guessed that you love crafting - that came out of the Blue 🤣

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

aha - found out why I haven't been getting newsletters - I never updated my email address from June 2016, when we were planning to move & I had to change it to a different provider 😊
Thank you for posting the link on it, Linda! I guess my old email has been getting the newsletter 😉

Glad you figured it out.

BBF is here and such a blessing, taking up the slack for me and I am loving it. I have her in charge in of dinner. I just hand her money and she makes it happen however she wants. Relieves me of one more stress.
Kitchen is totally gutted, some of the subflooring is bad so that is one more thing for contractor to handle. We needed up with some other changes in cabinet lay out.
I'm taking Friday off, BBF Paula and I are needed to Seattle area. Her brother was put in Adult Family Home directly from hospital and his belongs are still in his home.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Just have to wallpaper one wall, then the washer/dryer go in, and Bob's going to skirt the tub & I'll make a new shower curtain, and the bathroom will be DONE

Take care everyone!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hurrah for you susan, nice seeing projects done.

Pat so pleased your girlfriend is there, takes a load off you.

Working on momís quilt, sew8mg blocks together..might putit on the frame

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Gone for 3 days, Paula & I are headed to Seattle area to take care of some of her business with family member.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope you both enjoy time away..a mini holiday is just what you need...

Mom just went to visit with her sister and brother, be back to sleep.

Iím off early morning, still trying to decide if I want to bake pies tonight or early Sunday a.m.
Ifidid them tonight wouldthey still be fresh?

This message was edited Oct 5, 2018 10:38 AM

I think they would be ok.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.