Morning Glories 2018 #14

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Yes, I see a light hint of yellow. Very pretty.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda. I'll be watching for more blooms from that vine.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I do see a light pale yellow too. Glad you found Colin's seeds and are growing them. A lucky find, it's pretty rare. Hope you get seeds from it and even digging it up to keep it growing in greenhouse if possible.
It was a very cool morning here for us.
Still getting some blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. glad you;'re still getting blooms. Mine have
dwindled down to almost nothing.
Beautiful blooms this morning, love the 1st one especially,
wish I could remember it's name.
I thought about digging the lite yellow up since its getting so cold here and I won;t have time to gather sds b4 the 1st freeze
Spec Mg this should be purple, must be a 2nd day bloom I missed the 1st day
purps on fence
including Milky Way

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful morning glories everyone.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

man, you two have had some glorious flowers this year. Beautiful colors, shapes and sheen. sorry I keep mia. Work makes me physically tired, that shot in my back lasted a whole ten days, I am kinda grumpy cuz its been cold. Keep the blooms coming. when the morning glorys die, winter is here, in Kansas. Linda, If I lived in Texas where Paula lives, I'd plant glorys in pots and grow them all winter there. not too hot, not too cold. Paula did say still in the 90's there. where are my BLUES???

Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife Thumbnail by joeswife

Thanks Linda.
Your pinks are gorgeous Debra. I like your
4 o'clocks too. Great shot of the'butterfly.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I would dig the pale yellow vine Jackie.
I think this will be our 2nd cool morning. Thinking of getting a few vines into the gh
if not to keep them blooming or for getting a few seeds ripe.
Beautiful blooms too Debra. Love your 4 o'clock and butterfly. Good option to grow mgs on the window sill. So far I have 9 on my window, 32 ounce Styrofoam cups. Have to get some more into cups but my have to keep them in laundry room or gh.

Beautiful blooms everyone. If I had a greenhouse I could grow them all year, but we do get cold weather, and once that frost hits everything dies, roses, pride of barbados, bougainvillea, everything goes dormant.

1st bloom looks like a Fuji but maybe not.
Plum Gray smoke
Flying Saucers

This message was edited Oct 13, 2018 12:39 PM

Helena, one that you liked.
I need to see if this vine has made'
any sds

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are pretty blooms.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love all those colors. I'm happy to see them.

Linda we understand, ghs are great but it's also a lot of work involved having one and upkeep.
I had a some blooms today but could only download a few and only one nice bloom. When I wanted to use my other camera it needed to recharge the batteries. By then the blooms faded. Maybe my phone camera will still download the rest of my blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

That's a drop dead gorgeous pink bloom Helena.
I love the color.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2018 12:21 AM

that last one you posted, Jackie is so beautiful. And I agree with you, Helena's fragile, lovely pink is gorgeous. It looks like it is made of fine silk.
First Freeze to night, still have tropicals in ground, Joe and Charlie got most in for me, we will give the last ones staying out a blanket for the next three nights.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Debra, that vine hasn't made any seeds yet. My camera finally uploaded the blooms from yesterday so I can show a few. It's still uploading the rest of the pics from today. That # 5pic is from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Sorry 2 pictures I posted above are blurry. Had to use my other camera b/c of the long uploading from my phone camera.
This pics are from this morning.

Gautier, MS

Had a few more to show. I just took a look at some seedlings and surprised to see that I saw 3 buds not sure if it's on same vine. These need to go into bigger pots.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

WOW! Look at all the beautiful blooms.

Thanks Debra. We are still a few nites away from a frost or freeze.
I still have about 20 things not in the g house yet. Will try and work on that today.
A Blue Lav Beauty, in Lav, usually she's blue.

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Beautiful bloom Jackie. Lavender is a pretty color.
It has warmed up here. I dread the real cold weather.

Cold here today. Cold front hit last night, 44 degrees today. No frost yet.

Thanks Helena and Linda So much rain here, I will have to slosh thru the mud to get the rest of my plants
to the g house. Any blooms out side have been destroyed by the continuous rain
since about 830 last nite.

Helena, I missed all of your incredibly lovely blooms yesterday. I click on skip to new so I don;t understand why I don;t see your new post and blooms. I
especially love the 1and and last bloom on your 1st set of blooms.They are all lovely though. They are some of your new vines blooming?? Got the rest of my plants in the ghouse, except for 2 or 3. Will do those tomorrow
The cool front came thru here too Linda, still it should be about 46 here tonight
from 2012
Tempest
Mutant
Blue Lav beauty

Jackie, those are so pretty.

Thanks Linda. I had to come back and make sure I sent my post.
Sometimes I forget because I get up and go feed outside animals and the wild birds
and then don;t come back for hours.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I thought that first one was a neat bloom and like the last one too.
My nils are done except maybe with a bloom once in awhile. We only had 2 days with cool temps now its back to hot and humid again.
Pretty blooms from 2012 Jackie. I like my blooms from that year too.
Purps and hige repeat blooms now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely blooms this morning Helena. I didn't
even bother to go outside and look since it was so cool overnight..
I think I see a few purps blooming from the kitchen window.

They may be repeat blooms but they are still beautiful Helena.

Cold here too, again. 44 today.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. We might get cooler weather in a few days too, maybe down to 50's. That's cold too cold for me after the 90's.
Surprised to find a couple of nice blooms this morning.

Gautier, MS

And a few more repeats then zinnias.

All beautiful blooms Helena but partial to that pretty, lacy blue and
scrumptious pink. Lovely collection of Zinnia blooms..

Great shots! Love the collage ... there has been a lot of pretty blooms, repeats or not.

Helena, your blooms are so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. It was 62 degrees this morning, cool for us.
Here's my mgs from this morning. Made collages, few pics might have repeat blooms.

Helena, those are gorgeous! 62 sounds nice, we are still at 47.

Beautiful blooms in very nice collages Helena
I did have a squared off Flying Saucer bloom I think all the tri-colors do this.
I know Heavenly Blue makes them.

Thumbnail by patootie

OH MY! That is really cool. Make sure you mark that one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'll be shivering at 47 degrees Linda. Fifty is too cold for me.

Really cool FS bloom Jackie. I'll be growing FS next year.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Linda, the coole nights, under 50, causes the squared off blooms.
Helena, wish I had grown F.S. in a sunnier spot. it won't develop mature sds b4 the 1st freeze. I'll plant it in a different spot next yr

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.