Morning Glories 2018 #15

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Gorgeous higes this morning Helena..
We couldn;t see a thing yesterday from the Thunderbirds flying.
Beautiful here yesterday and today, rain coming Halloween will ruin the kids trick or
treating. 100% chance Wed with storms too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. My phone is not downloading the rest of my pictures. I don't know about my kids going trick or treating, Wednesdays are church day.
My street is dark and kind of spooky at night so we don't have many kids coming over.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Sure hope the rain holds off, so the kids can have fun.

Helena, my g kids are way to old to trick or treat. My youngest is 15. But I hate it for
all the other young kids that want to go trick or treat. Its so dangerous now,'better
to go to a church party where the treats are safe. and its all around safer.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I know it's not safe for kids to be out by themselves. My daughters go with the kids, some parents drive their kids around to get their treats. But there are a lot of other churches and businesses that do participate in making it special for the kids.

Finally downloaded my pictures, don't know what was going on with my phone. I just like the color b/c its close to the actual blooms. Higes, purps and salvias.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful blooms this morning . Pretty colors on the higes and the
Salvia's.. I love your purp pic # 3
Flying Saucers and Purple Star not
DH still working in the g house, its crammed full.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Gautier, MS

Thanks ladies. Beautiful colors on your FS and purple star Jackie. Your gh looks good and your plants do too.

Gautier, MS

A few nice blooms outside and a purple inside. (last pic.)

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
OMGosh Helena, your purples are gorgeous as are your higes.
Is the red one Sunrise Serenade, haven;t seen that one grown in a while,
Beautiful white throat making it very special.

I agree with Jackie, those are beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I think that is sunrise serenade Jackie.
It's raining here. Don't think there's any blooms outside but here is wild blue Indica from yesterday that I didn't get to post. It's really late blooming this year, I see more buds on the vine. The vines are taking over my back yard so I really need to cut them all back this year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful indica Helena. I had to cut mine off the fence to take it in a month ago. then one day I was walking by the dead lvs on the fence and saw an almost open'blue indica bloom,.It was amazing it still tried to open'that last flower.The pot sitting next to it had an indica vine, it had spread by roots into that pot and gave me another plant, I couldn;t have done it if I tried, lol

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The rain wasn't so bad here at our house. I even had a couple of blooms. Not looking forward to the cold weather.
Glad you have another Indica vine and that it tried to give you another bloom.
My zinnias, mgs and salvia.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those blooms are awesome.

Gorgeous colors on your Zinnia's. Beautiful hige bloom and love the red
Salvia bloom.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Two blooms for today, # 2 inside came out slightly blurry , the other on front patio I missed seeing until 11 am so don't know if it's the right color and it was a bit chilly.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are beautiful Helena.

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love the diff'shades on the 1st bloom.
A few purps loving the cooler weather.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty, I love the stripes in them.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad your purps are loving the cool weather. Good to see these gorgeous blooms!

Thanks Linda and Helena. I wish I could have made time to mark these purps
in case they made sd pods b4 the 1st freeze, Probably just have to hope for volunteers from them next summer.

Gautier, MS

Hope you do have lots of volunteers from those blooms Jackie. They are very pretty.

A few blooms this morning. The lavender from yesterday still opened turned into pink.# 2 supposed to be blue speckled in gh, #4 is blue youjiro inside, #5 rose silk in gh bloomed yesterday &still opened this morning.

Helena those are beautiful. I love that speckled one.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love your Youjiro and Blue Speckled.
# 1 is special, looks so familiar, At 1st I thought maybe George Strait but it kinda reminds me of an Aogakiyama cross I had a few yrs ago. I love the white
shading
Heres a pic of George Strait in 2013, at least I think this is Ga Strait
# 2 is a bluey purple purp, I think this is unusual, wonder if its a cross
A beautiful white, I think this was Blushing Bride that turned out white.
all from Aug 2013

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I will probably get the true color of # 1 in a few days it has a few more buds to open.
Jackie, I love your George Strait from 2013. When I grew mine, it was a good bloomer. Your purp is a neat bloom but I think your beautiful white might be China Doll with a very light pink stripe. I'll be growing CD this spring.

Helena, thanks I couldn';t tell if it was BB or china doll. I remember having
a china doll that was almost white. At first I was so disappointed but then realized how lovely it was even if it wasn't showing much pink.,.

Love your blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I loved the light colors of that China Doll when mine did the same thing.

Not as cool morning but only a few repeats still opening up and blooms from yesterday still open. #1 pic from bloom yesterday still open this morning. #3 pic see from bud to bloom fading this morning. #5 Jamie Lynn hige first bloom new vine. #2 SS hige.

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Love your collage showing bud to bloom
The purps are really enjoying the cooler weather here.
Looks like yours are too. :-)

Helena, those are beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Seems I have the same repeat blooming now. Moved a few more into gh just to save the seeds.
I was ready to dig up this cughea to over winter in gh when I saw that it was finally blooming. The other one I have isn't blooming yet so I might dig that one up. started some salvia cuttings today. Even May Pop Passion vine seeds which still looked good Jackie, trying the winter sowing method. Indica with an odd bloom too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, beautiful blooms. I love the wild and crazy indica bloom.
Lovely higes too and cute little cuphea. I miss my cigar plant Cuphea. It
looks like a cigarette with a burning tip.
Helena, is it hard to start Salvia cuttings?
Milky Way a couple of days ago
My Confederate Rose Hibiscus blooming again after the cool temps\let it set
buds again. Will be even darker today
Dentist just called and gave me an appt today at 1. Working me in
early b4 my deductible goes up next yr.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Hope everything went good at the dentist.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love your Confederate Rose blooms. I need to see if mine have any buds or blooms.
It's not hard to start salvia cuttings. I just break a couple 4 to six 6 inches branch
and stuck them in regular moist dirt in my mgs pots. I need to cover them with the cut off plastic bottles or plastic zip lock bags for extra moisture. I have salvia cuttings that I started 2 months ago blooming. I also have the cuphea that's little cigar blooms, but it's the one that doesn't make seeds. Have too propagate by cuttings. I'll have to take a couple of pics and to show you.

Thanks Helena.
I'm glad your Salvias are easy to root. I know that's one of your favorite
plant families.I like them too.
I do wish your cuphea would make sds, I would be begging. for sure. .

Beautiful blooms everyone.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda.
Here's a few pics of my cuttings, cuphea David's Variety, and my roses. I'm going to start a few cuttings in gh, it's not too late yet to do it here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena your cuttings look great, love your Cuphea's..
Beautiful Roses and Salvia's.

Beautiful plants. You definitely have a green thumb.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.