Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

JANUARY challenges,projects, organizing ourselves and ideas sharing of ideas!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey Betty, good luck on your fabric hunting. I went to Joann's yesterday and got some fabric. One white on white for a QOV and 1 that will make great backs for baby quilts. Kind of a cream with barely noticeable silver dots, really quite pretty.

I have about 9 quilts in the que right now, so yes it is slow, but that is fairly normal for right after Christmas for us.

Not sure what I am going to work on today and tomorrow, my sewing room is a disaster zone!!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Back, body is saying enough, going to have a nap on couch while sun is shinning through front window..will take photo of my fabrics in a bit, Iím quite pleased, bank account NOT!

Bought Ziggy a belated Xmas pressie, he looked at it but couch is still better.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Not a good day, todayís purchases at end of staircase, been in so much body pain that itís been couch since I got home..usual for me to not go oooh and ahhh at what I bought.

Pain travelling up back of head, wearing a heavy jacket and carrying bags did me in, knowing material isnít tha5 heavy but with jacket hitting nerve in my neck and cold was enough to do me 8 in grrrr.

Need another Tylenol 3 grrr then bed

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Get some rest Betty. I sure hope your Dr. can do something to give you relief.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes Betty - rest.

I'm doing another prayer shawl, then need to get sewing on 3 projects I have - 2 lawn cushions for someone who requested, 2 curtains that need to be halfed so 2 become 4, and hemmed, but for 2 different windows. They're tabbed, but when I cut the bottom half off, she wants them for rods on another window.
Neither of these project have a timeline, but I'm cleaning up my sewing area so I can get them done.
The third job is one I'm doing just as a pressie for a friend (lapquilt). The other two are paying jobs.
And of course continuing to do prayer shawls when I can't sit at the sewing machine (ie: playing on the computer lol)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought Iíd share

Bought a pattern to do pillows, although itís done in trio pillow, Iím thinking individual pillow, I like the middle fella lol. Can also use up 3 1/2 sq blocks to make a top amd have these little one as a topper, did something like that before but aim is to use up Xmas tote fabric in 2019

Bought embroidery thread, few colours I didnít have, wow bobbin thread was $19.99 but lasts forever so guess good buy.

Lindaís son in-law has nick name Bear, he is such a wonderful man, bought a panel and some fabric to make the quilt they have on display, just need black, wasnít paying 24 a meter, nope

Then my fabric to make pillows for the book inset I made a d then 3 other pieces for 203 more until I get stateside.

Bought beige to do more inserts and they had aprons for 3.67 and if my quilting embroidery spdesigns do the trick Iíll do some for the girls for Christmas

What else..ohhh bought a design for a proj3ct I swam no wording so Iíll make one with fonts I have, when comp,eyed will post, I think itís an adorable project that makes one smile..

So there, that was my yesterday outing.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Lots of projects to do.
Hard to believe they charge so much for fabric up there. Is it the same at Walmart? Black fabric here is about $5.00 a yard.

Victoria Harbour, ON

No fabric in our Walmart

Now you know why so many trips over the border

Victoria Harbour, ON

Taking my time,cleaning and organizing so I can start to mess it up again lol

Knew I had another thread organizer somewhere, found them, one is far too big and clumsy but the other fit nicely on the wall, minus the dust lol. Still have about 30+ embroidery spools, decided to put them in a plastic tote, should use them first when I can

Have pink fabric cut for pillow, might finish it..

Trying to stay away from upstairs and the couch

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Also have the Solstice pattern out, trying to remember the process..would love to iron wonder under on fabrics, trace and cut out, great way to relax in the evening, playing cut outs lol

Have them all traced, now to get my head around it

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Soup time, 2 pillows done, 3 more to do
Iíll play with them this afternoon but 1st, soup time

Sun is shinning in, so hooe I donít decide to put my head down for a bit..

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Betty, your fabrics are perfect.

Cant wait to see what you do with the bear panel. I have a horse panel that I'm nervous about. It is so perfect as is, that I don't want to mess it up.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought I had posted a photo..here goes

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful projects Betty.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

those fabrics are great, Betty! The bear quilt - is that for a wall hanging, a gift, or what?
Working on making another prayer shawl - baby yarn, doubled. It'll probably take 1 1/2 weeks.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Will be a Christmas gift Susan..could be a wall hanging but think it will be too big, besides Iíve given my godson so many I doubt heíd have a wall left. Lol

Finished the 5 pillows, would love to see them with pillow inserts inside but too hard to store till christmas

Done for the day, should cook supper but not really hungry so maybe Iíll just have cereal.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are beautiful. Why the handle if they are pillows?

Victoria Harbour, ON

For the children to carry (pillow/books) around,

Goal tomorrow is get the periwinkle quilt off frame.

Victoria Harbour, ON

For the children to carry (pillow/books) around,

Goal tomorrow is get the periwinkle quilt off frame.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7b)

Good morning all!
Betty, I'm so impressed with those beautiful embroideries! The companion fabrics are gorgeous. I love them! I'm sure the children will love them too. Makes me want to be a kid again just to have one of those treasures. Fabulous job and such a kindness. You're a blessing for sure. The bear one gives me ideas about a panel I have. It's a lovely quilt.

LK, it's good to see you here. You're always such a bright spot! I think seeing your photo next to your posts always gives me a smile.

llilyfan, I get your fears about the panel. I have the same kind of fear. I don't want to mess up a pretty panel trying to figure out what to do with it.

Well ladies, it's time for me to get going here and do something, even if it's wrong! Enjoy your day whatever you're doing. 🌞

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Babs..

Got 3 turns on the quilt done today and a princess pillow insert then decided couch was the place for me. Calling it an early night as. The girls come to sew 8n the morning and Iíve some cleaning to do before they arrive, one sure can make a mess sewing..threads seem to travel all over basement floors.

What did you all get up to today.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

love that idea of books/pillows being carried, Betty - you're so creative!

Still working on the prayer shawls. Stepped away from them for a bit, to play in my colouring books 😁
I think I'll go have a jet tubby, and soak my feet. Found out today why my right foot is sore at the heel - I have bone spur(s) in it. Seeing the Dr on Thurs for a followup to my x-ray - find out what, if anything, can be done for them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not my idea Susan, saw them on Pinterest when I was checking out embroidery machine ideas and liked them.

Saturday I go to Cookstown weather permitting for a class, both projects we are doing arenít to my liking but I guess itís to learn something new.

Baby burp towlets I think is to learn how to do a mane on a lion, the shawl Iíd never wear, itís to do chenille hearts on scarf, might see if I can do it on blocks I can incorporate into something for Valentineís Day.

Did another insert yesterday for little girl, as I need 5 for nieces, big sigh, bought all boy fabric on the weekend so it will have to wait until my class on Saturday to find something suitable.

This message was edited Jan 15, 2019 6:31 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photoís

Have to bring chenille cutter to class, when I think of the cutter I think of meeting up with Karen and the girls in frankenmuth, LIndakay you and Judy joined us as well as Karen, joys and a few others....I was gifted me with rose panels to make chenille throw which I did, just love it, sits on chair in computer room..they also bought me the cutter..great memories

Yes, I was there. You were so surprised when they bought the cutter for you. We had such a good time all together.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That we did..had thought weíd make one more trip and meet up with Karen when you travelled north but wasnít to be..guess you will have to visit me instead

This message was edited Jan 15, 2019 8:13 AM

Some day, I would love to visit and sit on your porch and have an iced tea, not to mention pick your brains for craft ideas.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíd so love that...

Girls stayed a little later today..

June was work8ng on her rag quilt, most of the time fighting with Ziggy for ownership. Lol

Pat did a pillow, just needs insert..grr granddaughters birthday is at months end so she was thrilled to get it done..she used fabric she had, personally I would have bought some bright fabric..but she loved it.

I ended up finishing quilting of the perriwinkle quilt, tomorrow Iíll see what I have for binding, might have to wait until I buy something I,e, brown

Iím craving something sweet, guess I could find a tad of energy and go to foodland.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful projects. Even Ziggy approved.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

it's noon, time to eat breakfast (yes, we'd be breaking our fast lol)

Bob took his loom-knit scarves to an artisan shop called Different Strokes, and they said they'd sell them for $35-$45! Take 20% off for commission, but that's still more than the $20 he was considering selling them for.

Bryan, TX

Hello. Just been reading and watching. I learned to quilt with my mom - maybe 20 years ago. As I was leaving her home on the first night of stitching, she told me what a nice job I had done. The next night I went for my 2nd lesson. She wasn't so encouraging that night. She told me "You might want to rip out those stitches." I did get better but haven't quilted in a long time. My mom died at 100 in November 2017. I'm sure she has a quilting group up in heaven - finishing a quilt in a week.

Hello BorderPatrol. Nice to have you join us. Your mother lived a long life. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Big welcome border patro,Lordy that was a grand age your mom lived to..she would be pleased you are still showing interest in quilting..am sure we will learn from you as well..what are you working on now?

Well I have my day planned,didnít have enough fabric for solid binding on my scrappy quilt so I pieced what I did have so now I get to sit all day and hand sew.
This morning put another panel for embroidery

Victoria Harbour, ON

Had to press send, June dropped in for her reading pillow as she was on her way to seniors.

I did a couple more panels, now I need fabric to make pillow..must say I tried a dragon but talk about time consuming, wonít be making many of those ..

Had a friend Marlene drop in yesterday afternoon and had a gift for me..a beautiful clear sewing machine attachment table, Iím thrilled.

Need 3 more girlie pillow panels and with all Iíve done so far Iíve all grand nieces/nephews reading pillows done for Xmas 2019..Iíll also after I hand bind this scrappy perriwinkle quilt Iíll have 6 more to do..Iím on a mission..also have several projects to finish

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love that dragon, and I can see all the work involved.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Marlene just dropp3d in again for the afternoon, brought me 2 containers full of thread, most embroidery thread and not even open.. the one tote you can see where thread is packaged is 2 layers deep.should be missing any colours...oh spoilt am I

This message was edited Jan 17, 2019 3:10 PM

Oh my. What a nice gift.

Victoria Harbour, ON

A much appreciated gift

Was glad I got the perriwinkle quilt done yesterday, means a play day for me today.

Keeping an eye on weather for tomorrow, hoping that I can go toembroidery class in Cookstown 1 hour drive but wonít if signs of bad weather..not very excited about the projects, rather than the scarf they are doing Iím working on an insert with Valentineís Day fabric then I though the technique being shown can be in an outside border..

Not much I can do re the burping cloth so need to buy flannel to do itís design

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I lost this thread for a while but now I'm back. Not much new with us but I did miss meeting a couple new people.

Welcome Babs, I've been out your way but it's been quite a while...The year Mt St. Helens blew her top, we were there the following Aug. Kids collected a lot of the ash. They were in school then,in fifties,grandparents now. I watched an eagle nest on Whidbey online for several years.
We moved from Northern MI to TN in Nov. Much better climate here, the cold was really getting to me.
I'm a quilter now I mostly make Quilts of Valor for Veterans. I'm waiting to get my sewing room back up and running, not very patiently I might add. I also need to get going on quilt for great grand # 20 due in March.
Betty I also have the hanging thread racks. I like them but the thread gets dusty. I made covers with clear vinyl and dowels that really works well to keep the dust off.
I'm loving the pillows you are making for kids. I am looking hard for an affordable embroidery machine. I mostly want it for making quilt labels but would like to be able to do some fun stuff too. I found one while travelling that was in our neighborhood and just what I was looking for. Told her I would get it on Monday and the next day she told me it was sold. I was really bummed but what can you do?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Karen, nice to see you back..are you redoing a room for your sewing? Great idea about the plastic keeping dust off threads..mine mostly happens when I start woodwork8mg of sorts which I will do in the upcoming months, have a bunch of gals who want the quilt ladders like I made Melanie, some of them want them for moms for motherís day gifts so if Iím going to make a mess might as well get theirs ready as well..

Snowing heavily right now, thank goodness there is no wind, good day to stay in and putter..

Drats mDe a mistake in entering a program I wanted on embroidery machine and got the Christmas carollers one sooo somebody will get a Xmas pillow, likely one of the Xmas carollers lol

Time for grilled cheese and look at sale flyers and see if I need anything

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.