Helen Ladd...Pelletory

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Helen Ladd, known to us as Pelletory passed away on February 25th, 2019. She joined us in 2004 and was a huge contributor to our Birdwatching Forum and also helped others in the Bird ID Forum. Her knowledge of our feathered friends was vast and she freely shared with everyone who asked. Her contributions to the forums and BirdFiles will be a lasting legacy that will live on forever. It isn't often that someone can say that they have a 15 year legacy helping strangers from around the world, but that is exactly what she did. We will miss her and her wisdom.

Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings.
~Victor Hugo

Thumbnail by melody
Melbourne, FL

Helen was a friend of mine for 50 years. She loved her family, her pets, gardening, photography and bird-watching. She was loved and respected by many, including me. I will never forget our friendship and will miss her dearly.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Was stunned when I received an email this morning telling me that Helen had passed away. I was just thinking of her the other day. She had not been well for some time but never expected this.

I have to give Daveís and Pelle credit for opening up my mind to the wonderful world of birds. She loved sharing her passion and knowledge with others. She gave me a gift I will have for the rest of my life. Was lucky to call her a friend.

She has left this earth but now she is free to spread her wings and soar on the winds to places we can only try to imagine. God bless you Helen.

Claudia

PERTH, Australia

Helen was the fearless 'den mother' of the bird watching forum here on Dave's Garden. She was passionate about birds, encouraging them into her own garden and spent many hours bird watching at Cape May. She took some sensational bird photographs. She was especially enthralled with the Black Skimmer.

Over several years Helen's health took a series of hits. She was pragmatic about her mortality and was uncomplaining about her failing health.

Farewell, friend.

Margaret

Marlton, NJ

This is Christopher. Helens husband..pelletory..Iím so sorry to inform you of our loss. Helen and I were together for 31 years. Her love for birds and animals was endless. I just wanted to thank all of you for the countless hours of enjoyment that Helen received from your interactions. I will keep her email active as I have used it all along. I am not really a thinking box user, but I piggybacked off her email. I canít explain my great feeling of loss, but can only take solace in the fact that she passed in her sleep with no pain. I thank you all for being such great friends to my little girl. C.

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Chris, so sorry for your loss. I'm also so grateful she passed in her sleep and with loved ones there.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.