MARCH Challenges/projects/organiz8ng ourselves and sharing ideas with friends.lwe welcome all..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1497522/?page=13#post_10413754

Iím not sure how we got to March so soon but here we are.

Weíve all had a busy month, wether it was sewing, illness etc.
Iíve managed to keep my sanity because of body pain and weather by sewing..pleased with what I accomplished.

So pleased to have finished the Solstice quilt and have started Ďday at the lakeí

Have to say since Iíve been back on the magic drug Iíve seen a big difference in body pain and energy..thankful for that and yet angry with myself for being so stupid..

Itís a sunshine day out there, hope itís same in your neck of the woods.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2019 8:34 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Finished the top for new great grand I Spy quilt. It looks tan but is really grey. This is a tutorial from Jenny on MSQC. Fun to do and quick and easy.

This message was edited Mar 1, 2019 5:20 PM

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Adorable, could have sent you beans lol

Who is this one for?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Metal prong on my Husqvarna foot for free hand motion broke due to wear, ordered one and it was in..darn, $50. Seemed expensive for it..going to make collar dog bandanas, isnít this a pretty fabric

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I Spy quilt is for new great grand due this month. It will be a surprise for all as parents don't want to know gender.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday Betty, may the next year bring you joy and fabric!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I don't have it all unpacked yet from our Sewing Expo. Already looking forward to our local quilt show!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Sue..appreciate well wishes

Well Karen bet itís hard to keep it a secret..

Well pat tell us all about it?

After going out for supper last night Greg came in to show me how to use the babyville snap tools,so easy, added them to backing of all pillows Iíve made that I havenít given away (last week gave 7) back flaps so much better with snaps.

June asked if Iíd make her a tote bag like many of you have that I sent for one reason or other,many swaps for her grandson to put his little toys when travelling, wanted it withspiderman, bought wording and Spider-Man mach8ne Applique..started the bag, had company all afternoon so not sure if Iíll finish it tonight lol

This message was edited Mar 3, 2019 4:23 PM

Too lazy to post all the pictures again! I have them here : https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1499127/?page=1#post_10414156

it was fun, Marie & I did not take ANY classes together! I focused on quilting stuff, coloring outside the borders was my favorite class. I signed up for some paid classes and also watched lots of the free stage presentations. I also really liked the stage presentation about "upcycling'. That was remaking thrift store clothes, it was fun. I did learn some new stuff in that class but feel no need to buy her patterns or book.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I just went out for a 40 min walk - I watched out for ice, cuz it's still cold out & some slippery spots, but I've been having some chest pressure/pain, and don't want a repeat of March 2016 when I got blood clots in my lungs!
I'm going to go out every day, and walk our hamlet - that's the whole 40 minute walk 🤣😁

I hope you have a good scarf on over your mouth and nose so the air you are breathing is more humid and warm.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I tried, but my glasses got all frosted, so I had to take it off.
Bob chides me for being a mouth breather lol

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Bought a patriot panel after staring at it every day for 2 months... bought a pattern I found for a horizontal panel, seemed like a perfect match, then I noticed the panel in the pattern was significantly smaller than the one I had!

I spent the day designing a pattern of my own to go with my panel, here is to hoping it turns out as well in reality as it looks on paper! Maybe Monday I can actually sew!

Pat, awesome fabrics... I was able to go the the linked thread! I LOVE the dragon shower curtain!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Sue - hope you are able to sew on Monday - it would be nice to get back to it.
Too bad the 2 panels aren't the same size. Could it be used for a companion quilt?

Sue, you can always add borders to a panel to bring it to the size you want. I do it all the time. Use complimentary fabrics and it will look like it was meant to be.

Susan, I understand the fogging over. One of MANY aspects of having to go back to glasses after 30 years of contacts that constantly annoy me!!

Sue, I LOVE the dragon curtain too, my son picked it out. I thought since we host Dungeons and Dragons here every week, and that new bathroom is in the game room, it was the PERFECT curtain. I love the whimsical look while still being a dragon. I can hardly wait to get sewing on his curtains.

I agree with Karen, there have been panels that I saw made up that when I saw the actual panel (without being in quilt), was surprised to see that "border" was NOT part of the panel!! I'm all about fudging on borders to make something work.

The class I took on borders, she showed some of her work of course, and she emphasized "grace borders". That's her term for putting in some length of borders that can be adjusted to square up any problems. I'll have to see if I can find an example to post. Her borders frequently had fancy detail in the corners, fanning out from the borders but longer plainer areas between the corners, rather than a continuous, unforgiving, exacting pieced pattern. She showed lots of slides on EQ with different borders to show the impact a change in borders can give rather than seeing an outside borders as a way to just "make the quilt bigger".

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds as though Pat you had a very productive weekend..love all your buys..the hummingvpbird panel I saw here in Barrie and loved it.

Canít tell on the one packet, is it the wool pad for iron8ng on, was th8nkimg of that although the cover such a small area.

Love the photoís, that antique piece (panel) Iíd sure like.

Susan, donít like the sound of you worrying again about blood clots1

Sue, Iím sure your design will be outstand8ng, love to see what you are starting with and later the end result

I met my sister in midland today and went to see 2 homes, the one she wanted had neighbors close by, not good for her dogs, the 2nd one, perfect, 10 minutes from me, new subdivision, in Severn township, allows for 5 dogs and/kennel $659,000.

Only drawback,is her home, at 1.4 million are there Byers out there for quick sale?

Melanie called, she sold 3 pillows, didnít care if I did or didnít but I can buy more,fabric,and,gizsmos lol

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

not just worried about me, but Bob, too. He was to get fitted for a heart monitor halter today (for 48 hours) and he went to Red Deer 1 hour drive away. That wasn't where he was to go. He was to go to the lab in the hospital next to the Medical Clinic where our Dr is, in Three Hills - 20 min drive. Finally figured it out, and they said they could take him now, if he got there right away. He's on his way there now, and will have to return on Wed noon'ish, to get it taken off.
I notice that he's starting to get forgetful & confused. Not much at the moment, but noticeable to me....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Guess that comes with age Susan Iím sure.

Couple of girls this morning gave me $50 for my birthday, said I was to spend not on anything other than for myself AND asked what I might have considered buying for me that I said no, not spending $$ for such a thing..was Friday for one of those voice recorders so I can enter items, know most of you have that option on your cel but I donít and maybe 2-3 times a year I use it lol, so guess I will buy one..one I did see for $59.99 was the size of a cel, what I was looking for was m8niature and I could put it in my pocket so itís always with me..guess they donít make them seeing as everyone uses their cel.

Getting comfy on the couch, starting to wane off, Suzanne picking me up shortly, at this point maybe a hot bath..oh well need bath salts and a few goodies so Iíll push myself to go..once Iím out Iíll get energized...besides need blade for my cutter and a permanent black fabric marker to replace the one in my kit

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

He's only 69 as of Wednesday.........

Victoria Harbour, ON

Weather is suppose to be nice Saturday, Melanie and Kyle asked if I would make a twin size quilt with unicorns by March 19. Wow so we decided to make a quick trip to buffalo as long as forecast stays as is.

Girls should be here any minute, after they leave think Iíll make myself t wallet, mine is so worn

Finished Juneís bag, she already had pillow but wanted bag for when her grandson is in the car for his toys and book, hoping she likes it

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Have this bundle for several years, maybe some can get used up

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That Spiderman is awesome! What little boy wouldn't be happy with it. I like the saying on that one BEST of all your designs.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm thinking that these book bags would be great for our library. Betty - you have my brain humming 😁

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks for your words of kindness

Girls just left, lunch then Iíll start my wallet and dog bandanas..not sure which fabric to pick

Know I need to buy clear domes

Wanneta just finished her wedd8ng quilt other than the border, she is thrilled with her first piece

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Wanneta did awesome job.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Wanneta really did an awesome job - looks like one I'd like to make - it's beautiful. Did she do it from a pattern?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, itís the same one I did 4 of, pattern designer also designed the one I did for my aunt and uncle.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

It's lovely!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yikes, although we had a few inches of snow yesterday itís a sunshine day..sun beaming through the living room window, just noticed I had a box of chocolates sitting on coffe table, likely all melted,yuk!

Didnít like the wallet I did yesterday so started a new one, donít have magnetic clips but thatís ok just trying different process to my liking so I can make it again out of fabric I like.

Just needs to be sewn together

Taking a break need to hang clothes in dryer then I can play again.

Got to love it, while Iím on a break embroidery machine doing itís thing.

Received the pieces for my quilting frame, we will have to see if it helps any

What is the weather like in your neck of the woods and what are you up to today?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Feeling a bit puny today. Very chilled and sleepy yesterday afternoon and all night. Doubt I'll accomplish much.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sorry to hear you are unwell Karen, perhaps when you are well you overdo..

With sun peering through the window Iím tempted to put my head down as well and nap but know that would do me in.

This message was edited Mar 6, 2019 11:58 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Finished the wallet

On my 2nd scroll name pillow top Iím doing for my friend. Iíll

This message was edited Mar 6, 2019 1:50 PM

Freezing rain, I am home from work and going vegetate, relax and read... then go to bed! Not very ambitious am I? LOL
yesterday I got the last border on the wall hanging and I'll ready to sandwich and quilt & bind. I bought some special chalk, "stencils" while at the expo. Rather than regular cut stencils it has "screens" the chalk goes thru to mark the quilt. This little wall hanging really doesn't need anything as elaborate as that but it will make good practice for me.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Let me know pat how the chalk,works, bought some years ago and did not use..
Itís about time you take time to relax..you not ambitious, never..

Need to go out and shovel, my goal of the day will be minimal, maybe a few neck bananas that insert in dog collar, maybe try that embroidery machine Applique block and if I get really ambitious Iíll do,a,few scroll names for Xmas gifts, that ought to fill in my day

I really need to get into the garage and finish up my wood projects but I can't seem to get motivated after I get home from work. I only have 2.5 hours between getting home and being in bed, the garage is COLD, the heater in there is not working and I just can't seem to force myself to get DONE. It nags at me and remains undone. NOT a good feeling.

Have baby I Spy quilt ready to do actual quilting. Good friend is doing the T-shirt quilt for me. Should have them ready to send on to MI within the week.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat, once it warms up and you get extra hour of daylight you will feel more like it.

Karen, youíll be pleased to be able to get them mailed..they will be treasured Iím sure.

Wanted to be downstairs ages ago but still upstairs, had a few calls andlordy they wanted to be chatty.,both know Iím not a fan of talking on the phone so will wait till later to do my calls..travel insurance policy needs renewing, need to call drug store and called Bath Fitters, waiting for call back, would like a quote to get my bath tub and surround redone.

Iím on a lent mission, yesterday I put a new vcr aside for my 40 day give something away so must take time to find another object

Ooh prayed to St Anthony, list one of the 3 hand held telephones, found it caught between matters and bedboard, had looked there but guess not good enough.

Going to try and go downstairs, done everything else but..maybe because those guys do8ng new system had water all over the place and I need to do the floors vs playing lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That's an interesting take on Lent, I like it.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I like it too, Betty!

Hi - popping in before I head to bed. Been a busy 2 days, culminated by me falling on the last game of bowling tonight, in the 2nd last frame - ouch. That was 7 games of bowling today...... so tired.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.