MARCH Challenges/projects/organiz8ng ourselves and sharing ideas with friends.lwe welcome all..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nice Karen..love vintage machines

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

your featherweight is beautiful!!

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks, it's fun too.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - didn't answer you in the other thread - sorry.
Had a wonderful Birthday week for Bob & I
Nice to have so many people thinking well of us 👍😊

Victoria Harbour, ON

Need to set up another table, ran out of room, too many machines, can one have too many machines?

Betty, I'm doing my best to find out. I spent yesterday making covers for the machines I have sitting out. I use those clear heavy duty plastic bags that blankets and pillows come in. Pretty easy to convert them to covers. We have 5 machines set up and three plus two sergers still packed away. I said once again, NO More Machines!!! LOL we will see.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Left the $$$ with my girlfriend who is a friend of the man whose wife died and said hold on to it till I try machine, she is a beauty .. tried embroidering and the bobbin thread Iíd doing top embroidery and top embroidery color not showing, likely the tension but not going to put $$$ into it so I think I might bring it back, machine Iím using does the job

OK Betty, I see on this thread that it is more clear that you are considering returning machine because you are having trouble with it and the machines you have already can meet your needs. Too bad it didn't work out!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - sorry the machine isn't working out.
ummmmm too many machines? Not in your house, but two would be too many for me in our wee space 😁

Just saw same machine listed for 2300. maybe his price is a bit high as this one had all accessories and had been serviced.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Returned it, big sign but will look for a new one on sale if I d3cide I want another but one lighter weight maybe not soooo computerized.

Had dil all day sewing, Iím tuckered out so going for hot bath and maybe climb 8nto bed..Melanie messaged me at 6:15 to see if I wanted company to sewleft it was almost 5:30

I have the new dragon wall hanging top finished and ready to sandwich and quilt. I'm still working on headboards so I doubt it will be done today!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

tired. It was a long day. Got my new meds, stopped by the bowling alley to chat with people we knew from the drop-in centre in the next town over, then back home.
Shouldn't be so tired, but I am

Our company is coming in tonight LATE. I found out late this afternoon. Now I'm scurrying for all the last minute stuff. I'm grateful that son called while I was still in the grocery store! (Ben didn't tell me until I was HOME).

Victoria Harbour, ON

March is flying, imagine, just put out Easter..been extremely busy this past week, not sure where the days have gone..

Will be back to read later, think Iíll show you some frogs made yesterday..other girls left before I was able to take photo

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

DGD and I spent a lovely afternoon ant a huge quilt show. My legs are very angry with me. I found a few nifty gadgets and some very nice fabrics. We are going back tomorrow but already have an Amigo reserved.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds like a lot of fun Karen..what gadgets did you buy and which did you see that youíd like to bring home today? Anxious to hear..

Had such a week last week, helped Mel do that quilt that Kyle wanted for the weekend, had Mel come over all day Saturday,suzanne all day Sunday, girls on Monday and the oldies Tuesday..Monday and Tuesday we did frogs lol

Yesterday I put a wedding quilt on the frame for Wanneta, hop8ng to finish quilting today but decided before any quilting happens a must is doing upstairs and downstairs floor.

Upstairs washed now Iíve had my coffee itís the downstairs floors then I can play..Iím proud of myself, even though I want to play I make sure all housework is done.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bought a new rotary cutter and some rulers I felt I couldn't live without. It was fun playing with new stuff. Of course could have bought a long arm or three. Off we go again.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lol. Always more to buy..girls laugh at each machine set up I have same toys lol

I need a new 8 1/2 inch ruler,usedmine so much wore l8nes down..when I but one Iím going to brush a coating of varnish on it to prevent that from mappening..my most used ruler

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got this at my quilting shop, worth reading

Everyone Around You is Grieving, So Go Easy

by John Pavlovitz
(published February 26, 2019 facebook.com/johnpavlovitzofficial)

I found this gem on Facebook and can not help sharing it. I think it is absolutely true and so important.
~Shannon

The day my father died, I was at the grocery store buying bananas. I remember thinking to myself, ďThis is insane. Your dad just died. Why the h*** are you buying bananas?Ē But we needed bananas. Weíd be waking up for breakfast tomorrow morning, and there wouldnít be any bananasóso there I was.

And lots of other stuff still needed doing too, so over the coming days I would navigate parking lots, wait in restaurant lines, and sit on park benches; pushing back tears, fighting to stay upright, and in general always being seconds from a total, blubbering, room-clearing freak out. I wanted to wear a sign that said: I JUST LOST MY DAD. PLEASE GO EASY.

Unless anyone passing by looked deeply into my bloodshot eyes or noticed the occasional break in my voice and thought enough to ask, itís not like theyíd have known whatís happening inside me or around me. They wouldnít have had any idea of the gaping sinkhole that had just opened up and swallowed the normal life of the guy next to them in the produce section.

And while I didnít want to physically wear my actual circumstances on my chest, it probably would have caused people around me to give me space or speak softer or move more carefully,óand it might have made the impossible, almost bearable.

Everyone around you; the people you share the grocery store line with, pass in traffic, sit next to at work, encounter on social media, and see across the kitchen tableóare all experiencing the collateral damage of living. They are all grieving someone, missing someone, worried about someone. Their marriages are crumbling or their mortgage payment is late or theyíre waiting on their childís test results, or theyíre getting bananas five years after a death and still pushing back tears because the loss feels as real as it did that first day.

Every single human being you pass by today is fighting to find peace and to push back fear; to get through their daily tasks without breaking down in front of the bananas or in the carpool line or at the post office. Maybe they arenít mourning the sudden, tragic passing of a parent, but wounded, exhausted, pain-ravaged people are everywhere, everyday stumbling all around usóand yet most of the time weíre fairly oblivious to them:

- Parents whose children are terminally ill.
- Couples in the middle of divorce.
- People grieving loss of loved ones and relationships.
- Kids being bullied at school.
- Teenagers who want to end their lives.
- People marking the anniversary of a death.
- Parents worried about their depressed teenager.
- Spouses whose partners are deployed in combat.
- Families with no idea how to keep the lights on.
- Single parents with little help and little sleep.

Everyone is grieving and worried and fearful, and yet none of them wear the signs, none of them have labels, and none of them come with written warnings reading, IíM STRUGGLING. GO EASY.

And since they donít, itís up to you and me to look more closely and more deeply at everyone around us: at work or at the gas station or in the produce section, and to never assume they arenít all just hanging by a thread. Because most people are hanging by a threadóand our simple kindness can be that thread. We need to remind ourselves just how hard the hidden stories around us might be, and to approach each person as a delicate, breakable, invaluable treasureóand to handle them with care.

As you make your way through the world today, people wonít be wearing signs to announce their mourning or to alert you to the attrition or to broadcast how terrified they areóbut if you look with the right eyes, youíll see the signs. There are grieving people all around you. GO EASY.

That is so true Betty.. Years ago I read a whole list of scenerios like a car parked very crooked across two parking spots and someone crumbling about it. (The reason was an underage driver getting the RX for his very sick grandma!). There were a whole group of these stories that when you found out the backstory, made you look at the results MUCH differently! We all have burdens, some are better at hiding them. Some are more resilient, others more fragile, and sometimes it's just the straw that broke the camel's back.

People cope in many ways too. The day after his brother killed himself and the family was gathering at our house, my hubby stayed outside all day washing ever ones cars. It was his way of being by himself and working through his grief.

I remember going to school when my cousin's baby died. No one there knew and I could push away my grief and not deal with it then.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Everyone carries some sort of sorrow, some days are worse than others, each day we should smile, be kind and make there day..

Busy day yesterday, got the wedding quilt off the frame, got another and did better than half, will finish today..

Sharon came and got her Eskimo quilts linear needs done on my wide thread mach8ne, I squared her blocks for her next throw, she left me a few pieces to quilt so by the time evening came this old gal was tired.

Just sitting here, having a muffin, shortly Iíve clothes to take out of dryer then the day is mine..

Mom is suppose to come today, br8nging her little pouch who is not trained, oh joy..donít know how Ziggy will take to her, god is only 4 lbs.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Everyone carries some sort of sorrow, some days are worse than others, each day we should smile, be kind and make there day..

Busy day yesterday, got the wedding quilt off the frame, got another and did better than half, will finish today..

Sharon came and got her Eskimo quilts linear needs done on my wide thread mach8ne, I squared her blocks for her next throw, she left me a few pieces to quilt so by the time evening came this old gal was tired.

Just sitting here, having a muffin, shortly Iíve clothes to take out of dryer then the day is mine..

Mom is suppose to come today, br8nging her little pouch who is not trained, oh joy..donít know how Ziggy will take to her, god is only 4 lbs.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Cold out there but what a beautiful day..went out and swept front deck, canít wait to add flowers and decor, will have to wait, winter is not over yet, but nearly.

Was in town, lovely patio sets on sale, mine need recovering, likely a few hundred to buy weatherproof fabric, got a wonder if itís worth redoing or just buy new and save myself the work.

Drats, my tv went on the blink, five TVs, could have grabbed one of them but decided to replace mine, smaller tv that hangs from the wall mount..while I was there for the tv saw the seed packets were out...imagine $1.99 to $2.99 for most, were are the days of 49 cents? Thought if I bought packets every week by the time I can sow Iíll have a variety..not very good starting inside from seed though.

LIndakay, I mailed that Mickey Mouse panel to you, had it with me last time I was in buffalo, was so busy with girls I forgot I had it so while sending back the quilt clamps for larger size I mailed it out to you...hate when I promise someth8mg and it slips my mind..try never to make offer to do something that I canít keep.

Also got flea garden market magazine, I truly am getting old $12.95..use to balk when they were $5.99..oh well, saw somepretties I want to make before gardening starts..one a planters bench..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

What is the green tape about?

I hope you don't mean NOT potty trained!!! YIKES. Not being a dog person, I have never understood taking your dog to other people's homes.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Want to do same pattern within the area so itís about the same pattern, Iíve got it so embedded in my mind I pretty well get same design..should go finish it and take it off the frame but tired tonight so might wait till tomorrow, SUZANNE comes.

Mom didnít come,says next week.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Up and at it,

Suzanne should be here shortly, got her quilt finished, hurrah for me..itís her first one so itís extra special..will cut her binding when she gets here, get her to sew it and, teach her how to do hand stitched and she has her first work of art.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Just made breakfast, have my atlas out, going to spend time planning trip to Pennsylvania Easter weekend but Ziggy must know what Iím up to, wonít let me have it lol

This message was edited Mar 24, 2019 7:11 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think he knows what I am up to

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Yeah, look at those ears. He is NOT happy. I don't think I'd risk petting him right now.

My cat used to try to block my way out of the apartment when I was living in Walla Walla. She KNEW when I put my laundry basket in front of the door, I was leaving. I did not have a W&D (I couldn't find a place to rent that would allow my cat AND had a W&D hookups). So when I went to sister's, or drove to see Ben (he was in Boise ID), always did my laundry at their house.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Smarter than we think..

Well Suzanne got her quilt bind8ng on and hand sewed a bit, I got the birdhouse throw quilted, thought I might look for fabric for binding but think Iíve done enough this week...instead Iíll play with planning out our Easter roadtrip.

Got the blocks from another swap done in earth tones..have to add a rich of fabric to a few blocks and take a bit of fabric off for a few others then Iíll be on the lookout for fabric for bordering the blocks, think Iím one block short so have to look at what I can make.

Which block swap is the one you are working on Betty? (Earth tones) pics?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Was thinking of taking 2 blocks that arenít earth tones out and use in another project but then means I have to make 2 more..have to think about that

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wanted to post photo of it Pat but wonít let me post

Victoria Harbour, ON

Letting me do so this morning

Girls come at 9,in meantime will look in my scrap boxes from previous earth tones and see what can be used

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I'm thinking that all goes together well Betty.
I need to catch up on a puzzle quilt QOV group is making. A year long project but only one a month. Group is about to start block 9 and I'm just up to block 5. I'm making two different ones at a time. Very clever concept. Using same 4 fabrics and same pattern each time but fabrics are switched around for each block. Amazing really how many different blocks can be made. It will be interesting putting together. Someone much smarter than I figured it all out unless they used one of those electronic designers. I'll get caught up on those before I start my own quilt.

Aw yes, I remember that one. Somehow I remember it as Thimble berries and had to look it up for ideas. I see the one I made. I wish I had labeled all the blocks I received and sent, oh well...
Sounds like fun Karen.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

ah Betty - looks good together. I see the one I made - thought it was for the RWB swap, of which mine was RW lol A Canadian thing 😁👍

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images