MARCH Challenges/projects/organiz8ng ourselves and sharing ideas with friends.lwe welcome all..

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I got the trim molding on the top edge of the King size headboard (to hide the imperfections of the uneven panels) and one coat of stain/poly. It's FINALLY coming together!! probably another coat of stain/poly tomorrow and then put it in place on Thursday.
I got the table top nailed together, not very happy with it but I'll see when I get it trimmed even.
My first time using an air nail gun. Have I mentioned I love power tools?

Victoria Harbour, ON

I do as well Pat, very few have names, would have made a label of whose is whose but no go,,do know Susanís though. Just pulled out my bag of earth tones scraps from several quilts, now to see if Iíve enough of any one fabric to make it into a throw, suppose to go to buffalo Saturday, if I donít have enough then Iíll pick something up. Yep your lead block is the right color so in the throw it will go

Girls were too cute this morning, Wanneta was over the top getting the bind8ng on her wedd8ng quilt, June and pat bought maple leaf flannel design to make some froggie sad their kids are Toronto maple leaf hockey fans, Pat had a little fabric with her, I had batting so told her she was graduating to the quilting frame..she was thrilled..her first piece, did well,she is already planning another piece

Pat asked if I would do the cardinal for her on a piece so she can make a pillow for her sister, have that fabric so my pile for other keeps increas8ng. I remember thunder who we once sewed with asked if Iíd make a panel with the dream catcher for her..going to try so that I can post when stateside, almost forgot about that commitment..

Smiling, not a wonder I canít sleep, but love it

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

2nd coat of stain /poly on King head board and tomorrow I'll see if it's done to my satisfaction or needs another coat. I'll have to buy more if so, I have next to none left! I'm pleased with the way it's turning out.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Anxious to see it Pat..you are ambitious..
Iím hoping to get the birdhouse binding on this morning so I can sit and hand sew tonight.

Last night I found earth tone fabrics, will look to see what I have so I can do swap block that are in earth tones and save the blocks not in earth tones for yet another project.

Wrist is still bothering me so wonít do too much..might be nice if it does reach a high of 48 today to pick up branches that are laying in spots where snow has melted and put them in in fire pit..soon the outdoor work will begin ..

Everyone tells me if they were I they would put a sewing machine out on back deck for sewing this summer lol

Ziggy is looking at me, wants out to npenjoy this weather so best I get a move on

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got all my work done so now itís play time..

My todayís goals are:
. put binding on birdhouse throw and hand sew
. Appliquť stitch on spring pillow piece and make the flowerets.
. do measurement of off white to see if I can put together the earth tone throw

Now letís see just how close I come to doing them

My goals are not so lofty. go to work (2 assessments & move to current). Stop at gym do my measly 1.2 miles on exercise bike, collapse at home, go to bed! LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Between upstairs to downstairs I got off my original lol
Why I needed to go through a bucket of buttons and start organizing by color is beyond me 🤣

This message was edited Mar 28, 2019 3:29 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Need to go to dollar store for jars, start one thing and there comes another to do

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Yep, never ending.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well they will be pretty sitting around in jars. Easy to find one when you need it too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought so too Karen, like being able to find all at the tipof my fingers..

I did play with the blocks from 2015..made note of signed ones, have Patís,Karenís, Barbís and I was thinking seeing I had an extra block Iíd keep susanís and make a pillow with it seeing as itís a maple leaf if ok with her.

Will finish and maybe quilt it today..trying to decide do I want corner stones? Thinking I do..then outer border and ready to quilt.

I would have gotten the spring panel done but need miniature ric arc and felt for 3 flowers, was wonder8ng if I could use wool yardage, might try that, sooo that put me behind on yesterdayís to diís..did though look at Spider-Man fabric Melanie had left from the pair of lounging pants she made for a youngster, managed to piece a few pieces, will never be seen to made a reading pillow, just need to make a panel ..

Mom is com8ng sometime today if she feels better so best I just play and not make a to do list.

Tomorrow is buffalo so other than pick up more fabric i wonít accomplish much

Victoria Harbour, ON

Can you remember which is yours LIndakay..know you would have joined the swap???

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I enjoyed our swaps, we had so many more then to join in. I see some at the other site and have made some new friends there too including some quilters. I have two more puzzle blocks to do. Well actually, 4 blocks as I'm doing two of each. Then I will be caught up until new block comes out on Monday. Hoping to get started on my own quilt right away. I want to be sure I have enough fabric and do it soon enough it will still be available if I do need more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, enjoyed out swaps but cannot believe it took 4 years to finally get them done..next one will be our Christmas blocks

Your project sounds interesting, will love seeing final project..

Have potato cheese soup for lunch but keep thinking kraft dinner so it might win out..

Sharon says we might have freezing rain in the morning, sure hope not

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

cute froggy's Betty!

I went & twisted a musle in my lower back (when I woke up yesterday?) and bowled in the afternoon - shouldn't have done that. By the end of the 3rd game, I was in tears. Nope, didn't bowl at night, but knit & watched my DH bowl. Still got to visit with our friends. I'm doing better now, cuz I went to the pharmacy between bowlings, and got some 10% Voltaren, and a muscle relaxant which I took at bedtime. Still feels a little "delicate" but I'll be fine.
Bought some tomato plants (6) yesterday & they're in the sunny south-facing bedroom window. Also got some geranium plants (4)
Got a deal on an arch for our yard. I plan on planting some cottoneasters across my yard, and to the right of them I'll put the arch leading to the back 1/2 of the yard, so it'll look like a proper front & back yard rather than a long "bowling alley" (wider than one, but you get the idea) where you see from front to back. It's really a side yard, with no fence at the front.
I'm SO pleased - the arch I was talking about - saw it at our local Home Hardware, and it's last year's (or many years) stock, so they're cutting the price from $200 to $120!! Just have to figure how to get it home Whistling Hilarious! It's too wide for our Chevy Cobalt and it's been assembled for so long that the fellow figured that the bolts might fall apart if it's disassembled. It's a nice black one. I'm thrilled to be able to "pretty up" our back yard with shrubs & an arch

Off to the dentist & see if they'll pull teeth - these are bad and not many. Need dentures instead. Sr plan will pay for almost all?

Quilt show...

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

More...

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Obviously I did NOT take photos of everything but only ones that I wanted to remember certain aspects of design. The 2nd one above, was a Quilt of Valor pattern they were selling, the gold they used was glitterly and awesome! they had some for sale and I bought a 1 yard piece.

The black and gold one, is LOTS of embroidery embellishments, ALL the flowers, and the quilting was gorgeous custom job my friend paid a fortune to have done for her. the final picture is of the wall of quilts that are donated for the foster kid camp.

I took so many pictures of the quilts using panels because I'm constantly wondering the best ways to finish them off and I wanted some ideas. I just bought 2 more panels yesterday! I bought a couple at Puyallup show as well, the first 4 pictured. Then 2 of the last one as I got it inexpensively and thought I might cut the 2nd one up to use in blocks with the whole panel. .

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a nice way to wake in the morning to these beautiful works of art..how lucky you were to attend such a show..they are all works of art...many of them had hours in the m that youíd never be able to count..loved the butterfly quil...Iím with you, have many panels and what to heck do you do with them? Youíve given me a few ideas. Love your choice of panels Pat.

Susan, Iíve had dentures since I was 20, Iím on 2nd pair, should hooe they last me til end of my days lol

Bet you arenít looking forward to the process but you will feel so much better once done..hurrah for the arch, can see your mind designing its placement now.

Was in buffalo yesterday, 2 rulers came home with me and a stack of fabric..just found I had used up so much that when I needed a piece of this and that I didnít have choices..Bought an Easter wool chicken kit for either a little runner or coffee mug piece, might play with it today as a change from sewing, but then I do have the swap block to finish.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat, thanks so much for sharing the quilt show. I think my fav. is the polar bear on the Stack & Whack. I've not worked up the nerve to try it yet but that's the best one I've seen. We had a big show here a couple weeks ago, Jess and I went for two days in order to see it all. I'm always so in awe of others work. I feel like what I do is kindergarten stuff.

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Pat, I loved all the photos!
The patriotic quilt with the eagle panel is so awesome and totally different than the top I just finished with that same panel. Will take a picture next week since it is at the shop and not here at home.

Oh Karen, THAT is not true!! I love your work!! You have made so many beautiful quilts. I wish I had gotten better pictures, my camera was not playing "friendly". It refused to allow me to preview or EVEN SEE the picture until it was taken! It's just a problem with a setting I need to find and fix.
Here are some more of the polar bear. Pic #3, I wanted to show that they laid the stack blocks OVER the panel and secured it. Quilter did not try to seam it together.

the quilt show was fun to attend. I keep hoping to drag my sister into quilting. She shows some interest in the actually "quilting" but not the making of the quilt tops. THAT would work for me to team up with her in that process!! I get tops made and never finish!

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - I'd understood that you need to change out your dentures every 5 years?! Bob had his for 15 years, and the bottom
Pat - Lovely way to open up this post! I plan on doing an embroidered (lots) top at some point - my Madam Butterfly quilt that's been in the planning stage for years lol

Woke up feeling like I was swallowing glass - throat was so scratchy. Better now that I've gargled with peroxide, drank coffee & had hot soup.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks Pat for showing the detail. It sure looks like the polar bear just belonged there.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat, you doing the piecing and your sis doing the quilting would be a good team. I'd love to learn to quilt but doubt I ever will. Hoping Jess can learn so we can work them together too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1501904/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.