APRIL Ideas,Challenges,Organizing ourselves..a time to chat with friends..come join us, we are a welcoming group!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over, we came from here..

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1501392/?page=2#post_10418944

Difficult to believe that we are already in April, believe I accomplished much, just not for me but for others..

Had snow again last night, calling for rain tomorrow and these old bones are giving me the what for so the girls coming this morning will have to trample through the snow, drats, feel bad about that, might have to go shovel a pathway.

Finished my spring pillow this morning, perhaps Mother Nature will take the hint..

Today I just might focus on the earthtone throw, try and finish it..vowed no more projects until I finish what has been started.

Still dream8ng of those breathtaking quilts Pat posted...sure home when Iím in intercourse and Bird In Hand Pennsylvania that I will see some beauties..need to make sure my camera is charged.

What are you all up to?

This message was edited Apr 1, 2019 6:25 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning. Thanks for the new room. I love that pillow.
Make sure you take your meds for your pain.
I have 8 lap quilts cut out, I need to get them finished. For the nursing home.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Big undertak8ng, how big are these lap quilts and are they a specific design or can you do all 8 differently. Hope you get your package soon..itís not that excit8ng but a child would enjoy it.

Have been takings meds, think maybe itís the extremes dampness right now.

Girls should be here any minute then i might just sit and look at that wee Easter chicken kit I bought..glanced at it earlier and they sure donít give you much fabric to play with..will have to see in mybindps of wool fabric if Iíve any yellow..highly doubtful

(Karen) Traverse Cit, MI(Zone 5a)

Betty I'm thinking our bones are tired of waiting and aching for spring.
A kind friend sent me the direction for the remainder of the puzzle blocks, Now I can finish and get them behind me. Really want to start on my own quilt.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I need to reread the manual and play with the camera. I could have/should have gotten much better quality of pictures but the camera was not programmed right so it was not showing in the viewing box what the picture was going to look like, so shooting "blind" until the actual picture was snapped!
I got ONE headboard in place, the King size one. As soon as I get the bed all made up with clean sheets I'll take a picture. We had Ben's 2nd daughter Rebecca with us this weekend. With the bad roads and craziness at her Boeing job, we have not seen her since Thanksgiving.
I've still never got the art rehung in our living room since the remodeling in the kitchen was completed in mid November. Then there was the new bathroom... then the electrician...
I am behind in paying bills, will complete that today and then get to play with art, bedrooms and more. I would like to at least gesso a couple of canvases. I bought a couple of big pieces of art at thrift stores to re-gesso and try "acrylic pour" art. I have all the supplies bought, been wanting for weather to warm so I could work outside. It's a MESSY hobby and I am looking forward to giving it a try. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMbHfyrtY80

Off to get bills complete so I can PLAY with fabric, work on bedroom (set up and take some pictures!) I need to do some ADULTING before play *sigh*.

Lap quilts are width of fabric, 1 & 1/2 yards long. 7 inch strips, quilt as you go. Nothing fancy. I will get photos tomorrow.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Did bills yesterday as well, these trips to buffalo at $500 a trip, new water system sure did number on bank account last month..this month wonít be much different, weeks holiday at Easter, new riding lawnmower, big sigh..

I too must play with my camera, when Iím on trips usually use my I pad, poor quality compared to a camera.

Iím looking forward to seeing photoís,youíve been working so hard at it..do you think pat once spring has moved will all you work inside and you can then work in gardens (I call that relax time) but it surely isnít lol

I started that wool mug rug wool piece I bought pattern and kit for, girls come this morn8mg, am hoping once they leave at noon I can just sit and hand stitch..was go8ng to put swap blockpieceon frame this morning but thought Iíd wait,maybe Pat after working on the frame last week might bring another piece to play on so Iíll wait..the embroidery machine is doing her cardinal piece, she wants to make a 16x16Ē pillow, hoping it will be finished embroidery part before she gets here.

Wanneta will make one of those hand bags, weíll start it anyway, june is working on Day at the Lake quilt, Iím suppose to be doing it with her so best I start mine, not something I really want to do but....

LIndakay, how are you making out on your lap quilts, did you get to spend yesterday sewing on them?

I got 5 pieced, still need binding. 3 more cut out. Working on them today. At the eye Dr today for my yearly checkup.

A couple of kids 59 years ago.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy anniversary Karen..what a milestone!

Busy day for you LIndakay.

Iím trying to conv8nce myself to take a quick run to foodland, had a hamburdpger from pizza place for lunch, not really hungry but kniw before evening is done Iíll be looking for something..could have muffin and hot chocolate..heck how about toast and hot chocolate, bones donít want to go anywhere.

Iíve actually been playing with mug rug..have egg and chick +decor to hand stitch and done, said self Ďniw you know it canít be used for mug rug, canít you see coffee splattered all over ití lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy anniversary Karen..what a milestone!

Busy day for you LIndakay.

Iím trying to conv8nce myself to take a quick run to foodland, had a hamburdpger from pizza place for lunch, not really hungry but kniw before evening is done Iíll be looking for something..could have muffin and hot chocolate..heck how about toast and hot chocolate, bones donít want to go anywhere.

Iíve actually been playing with mug rug..have egg and chick +decor to hand stitch and done, said self Ďniw you know it canít be used for mug rug, canít you see coffee splattered all over ití lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, spray it with a waterproof solution. That is so cute.

I got the Mickey mouse fabric today. Thanks so much. It will make a beautiful quilt.

Karen, happy anniversary.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad it got there LIndakay..bit drab but I did promise to send..
I havenít read on my Sony since forever, Jeff had put a few thousand books on it then I set it aside..few weeks ago I charged it and might have read a chapter, think Iíll read some and maybe make a point of reading a chapter a night, might tire my mind lol

Did more on my piece, Iíll finish in a.m.

I promised myself Iím staying in bed till 9 tomorrow..now letís see if I can donít!

Thanks for the anniversary wishes.

Not drab by any means. It is very colorful, and it will make a beautiful quilt.

Karen, that is such a nice picture! congrats on anniversary!

I got the white headboard up!! I need to put up a piece of trim and THAT will be complete, besides the art that I have not started. I am excited!

Great grand # 20 has put in an appearance.
Clara is liking new sister Millie

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Precious Karen,Clara will make a great big sister.

Iím enabling you LIndakay, one more project for you.

Sounds Pat like you are nearing end of your renoís And decorating..feels good I bet..look forward to seeing your art.

My mission today was to stay in bed till 9..made it to 7, itís a start to relaxation right?

Joanne is coming for a visit late morning so off to foodland for muffins and sandwich meats..

If I can move my quilt8ng until inch by inch away from the wall for me to get behind it, Iíd like to put that throw on the frame and try the laser pantograph designs, seeing itís a throw for one of the decks if it doesnít turn out quite right oh well, if it does then Iíll be on a mission to buy more designs

There goes my day..

Will this be your first pantograph designs?

YES, feels good to be finally doing some decorating. I still don't have up the art in the living room, or one of the curtain rods or curtains made!! #5 is just so you an see what it looks like without any art above the headboard. The black object in #3 is my husband's bassoon.

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Love the yellows and turquoiseís..reminds me a summer day.

Headboard turned out perfect..shaking my head, you did it, you are almost there.

Actually it is Pat, got all set up, did a little area and decided I have to set it up so that I can put a chair to sit on, hip/leg keeps giving out so standing I should not be doing..lot slower than when Iím randomly doing keVes, flowers etc but Iíll give it a chance.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Today we're going bowling in the afternoon - not in the evening. Think we've done enough for now. I have some Spring cleaning to do - starting to get anxious.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hooe Susan there was no fall..is bowling season pretty much over or does your league bowl year round.

Iím not too impressed with using pantograph, turning out ok for my first one but time consuming..I have several designs Iíve stored in my mind and they turn out great, will have to do same with this pattern.

Cooking breakfast for my mom then I think Iíll go downstairs and do a few more rows...other than that not much on my agenda.

Iíve about 5 pillow bags to put together, should get them out of the way..think they will be my weekend Ďto doí

Fabricland in Barrie has a sale, still not as good as Joannís but on outdoor fabric usually quite good...think Iíll check the flyer and maybe if no freezing rain this morning as called for I might go see what they have on sale that has enough yardage for me to cover the outdoor settee that I have near the pond.

Not much else interesting here...

How about in your neck of the woods?

Beautiful weather here. 93 yesterday. 84 today. It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.
I hope you find the fabrics you are looking for.
I was looking at fabric for my porch furniture. Almost cheaper to buy new.

I brought home my exercise bike that I bought at thrift store. My sister, son & I went and checked it out, had to buy batteries etc to try it. The adapter for electricity was not with it, we ordered one last night.
Got up this morning and did my 1.2 miles. Pathetic distance by most standards but considering I started with barely able to do .25 without stopping when I started, I am grateful for the progress.
I have an apple cooking and need to leave for work in 20 minutes, will finish cooking oatmeal AT work and stirring in the cooked apple. I have become a breakfast EATER rather than my premier protein drink.
Modest goals... I hope to get SOME time in this weekend on the flowerbeds but mostly spraying chemicals before my whole gravel parking turns into a sea of green.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Modest goals is the best Pat.

Suppose to be 51 today and 59 tomorrow so Iíll do branch/limb clean up for a bit in hopes that by weeks end all the branches/limbs/debris will be behind me but first fabricland has a sale of outdoor fabric and I could use 14-16 years.lstill at $11 a. Meter I could almost buy a new set, itís just such a waste though throwing metal settee pieces in the garbage.

HummmÖ and the existing fabric is shot? Or just faded? There are techniques to paint the fabric. Would that take care of the issue? How expensive to buy already made cushions? Can you find a picture of it in your album to post?

Cushions the size you need are hard to find, and when you do find them, can be 30 to 60 dollars each.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Cost me $160, am sure Iíll have plenty for settee, somepillows amd who knows, have a glider way in back 40, might have enough to do it

Quitting for the night, have to make supper for mom and I

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

the yellow and turquoise is your new fabric for settee? And you have some done ALREADY?? LOL... you are a miracle!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yep, brown was old and faded and dirty..you can see the brown toppers behind the floral ones..

Beautiful colors for the new cushions.

What color is the frame work of the settee? Is it getting a new spruce up spray paint job too?? I think that turquoise for the settee would be stunning with those new pillows!

This message was edited Apr 7, 2019 3:29 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not needed, itís in great shape...matches all the ironwork in the yard

Awww.. well that's good. less work!

My sewing machine just went phooney. A part is not working so into the repair shop it goes Monday. distressing, I was working on the dragon wall hanging, wanted it up before Kevin's gaming buddies came tomorrow afternoon. I drug out my old machine, I was teasing Kev, "I cannot work under these barbaric conditions! This machine expects me to cut my own thread and lower the foot myself!"

I just bought a new janome 4120 sewing machine. I have never had an automatic thread cutter. That sure. Is nice.

Awww good for you Linda, enjoy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hurrah for you LIndakay, you sure will enjoy..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

last reg league bowl is Apr 11, and Fun bowl followed by dinner on the 18.
League tournament is April 17th, and both Bob & I qualify.

I'm going back to bed - this cold is settling into my chest, and I can't talk anyway.

It takes a LOT to get used to, having to step on the pedal and the machine foot lowers and starts. Put a button & thread it cut. You can set it so it stops needle up or down. Going back to using the machine that does work this way is HARD!! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.