Best,Worse,What did I learn today..chat with friends old and new..come sit a spell..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1507542/?page=12#post_10434577

Beautiful day, light breeze and no humidity. Have my helper Devon over, been working hand and hand but Iím done..Devon can keep working, gave him more trees to cut, I helped with burning, Iíd say we got a tad more than 1/2 done but he is cutting down more, Iíd say those Iíll leave for another day.

Think in the one photo you can see the cement column that Allen and charlie brought me for my garden. I set the cement basket i made on it and it Ďs lovely

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

On left of first photo, about 2/3 down?

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a huge fire. Be careful.
Beautiful gardens.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíll take better photo..Devon just left,what a transformation...
Iím tired for having just watched him..did help a tad but a small amount, was the supervisor really.

Always say Iíll cook a small pot of spaghetti sauce and here I am with enough to feel 20!

Linda dropped in for an hour, Dave hasnít been well, problems with his sphincter and did not want to tell Linda incase it stopped her from going on the trip. He finally when in pain when he moves had to tell her..his doctor is away until the 15th..she wants to take him to emerge but he is fighting it..so we will see if she can or cannot make the trip..other than booking hotels Iíve done nothing else as all these challenges keep popping up including issues with Suzanne, me with someone to look after Ziggy..big sigh.will push myself to get something done this week.

Here I am laying on settee,sun shinning through , should be near the pond but 8n screened in verandah I donít have to contend with skitters and are they bad this year.

I can still her the water spray and birds chirping, thinking of taking a nap but first I best turn off spaghetti sauce before I burn it

Oh... a lovely screened in veranda but with the sensual pleasures of being outside without being a feast for skitters!!! PERFECT

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iím done in, been a busy weekend..Sharon just left, got to wait until sauce cools down so I can freeze it..went out to look for my tree clippers but canít find them, maybe Devon mistook them for his and put them with his things,Iíll have him look in the morning.

Hot bath and get comfy in bed that is if Ziggy comes in or it will be a long night, especially with a skunk out back.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

lovely area, Betty 😁
I went to a nice walk outside, delivering flyers for our 2nd Annual BBQ for our Park 👍
It's on Aug 10, so figured I'd better get hustling 🤣 Chest is a bit tight feeling, but I'm sure I'll be fine by then
Take care everyone!

That naughty Ziggy!! he's gonna find himself grounded with a kitty litter box and no outside options if he gives you too many sleepless night!! BAD kitty!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh no........ Betty - did Ziggy get in yet, or did that skunk get him? It would be a nasty surprise for both of you if the skunk got him....... I agree - BAD kitty!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, turned off a/c for a bit, suppose to be a high of 80 today so I imagine Iíll put it back on later.

Susan, donít overdo..was nice to get out and enjoy a walk in fresh air and maybe chat with neighbours does wonders for you..when does Susan arrive?

Pat was midnight when Ziggy came in, already out, just hoping he doesnít encounter that skunk that is in the back yard.grrr

Messaged with Sharon last night, her sister lost her husband few days ago, much to take in just having lost Vern..hugs Sharon !

Drats,girls get here shortly and Iím still 8n nighty and need to clean working areas in sewing room so will drink coffee on the run

Have a nice day

I don't miss the issues with pet worries, guess Ben is enough for me right now! LOL..

Saw the cutest rescue dog that a lady brought into the quilt shop. Poodle dressed in fancy dress, very well-mannered and quiet. Woman said "Cuddles" gets very distressed if you take off her "clothes" unless she sees the next outfit ready to put on! Lady claimed the dog would be happy with 15 changes a day if she had time!

Oh my. I can't imagine changing all those outfits.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, high of 81 today with 91% humidity..

Pat, donít know how to respond about Cuddles, we all love our furries but to me think this is a bit excessive?? My opinion only! How is Ben doing with new caregivers? Is this your last day off or a back to work day.

Did my walk about in the garden, still mega skitters but as yet no flies..rather have flies just not horseflies...always something, either too hot or too cold, too dry or too wet, bugs etc etc..guess we just have to adapt.

Carole , Dianne, Deb and Debbie (we northerners) is the weather much the same in your neck of the woods?

And all of you further south and in the west how is your weather? Normal or abnormal temps?

Girls come this morning, should make a 2nd cup of coffee,get trash to the roadside and maybe sit for a bit until they arrive.

What are you all up to?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I need to go find a big enough box and send off a package. Amelia and Lorelei are at their grandmas for a couple days.
Need to tidy my sewing area a bit and maybe get in some sewing time. I've not done any with company here.
Have to agree Betty, I doubt very much if the dog enjoys being "dressed". Most likely it's the attention. Some folks need that I guess.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Weather's about the same here as by you, Betty. We had a couple of wonderful days, Sat, Sun, and Mon cool at night, upper 70's close to 80 during the days. Now, I think we're supposed to be back close to 90 today, and humid again. Low 90's and humid rest of the week, at least through the weekend. If it's really miserable, I may even skip the dog show this weekend. Nothing worse than showing outside when it's that hot and humid!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That would be so disappointing for you Deb not to go but you are right hard on dogs and you when held outside. Maybe you can have a nice enjoyable weekend doing something just for you.

Karen, again donít know how you do it..be nice for you to sew sew sew for a bit.

Girls just left, Iím going to sit outside and do some kits for fall bench pillows..even thinking on asking 2 bags with USA map and see what I can do to make linda and Suzanne one but then maybe sit by the pond and enjoy the sun.

Yesterday I went into Penetanguishene and spent a few hours with Paul and wilena, the bought my dadís home on the lake..was enjoyable!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Weather here is 27c. I guess about 80f.
I spent the day doing a few errands. Grocery store, Dentist, Jewelers to pick up a chain that I had repaired. Then a visit with my daughter who is on holidays. She just got back from 4 days away at a friend's home on Shadow Lake. When I got home the case I ordered from Amazon, for my new cell phone was waiting for me. It is nicer than I thought from the photo on the website. The phone I got is a Samsung Galaxy A50. I am loving it. The only gardening I did today was to plant Italian parsley in a pot and add a lime green Sweet potato vine to a small planter that needed a little something more.

This message was edited Jul 9, 2019 6:33 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds like a perfect day to me..where about sis shadow lake?
Suzanne is at Rogers getting new phone, she found her new phone was just too slippery and kept dropping it.never think of ordering from Amazon, guess I should check it out.found it hard to find nice sweet potato vine, usually you can find it anywhere...gardens are starting to bloom, will look drab when flowering trees die off.

Worked on our trip but lost interest, big sigh

Didnít do much other than played with the girls today but am tired and hurting a bit but to be expected, end of day and only took 1 Tylenol 3, regardless Iím tucked in for the night. Ziggy so wanted out, he slept all day as he was out all night, didnít like that I wouldnít let him out..usually sleeps beside me when I first go to bed but he is teaching me a lesson, laying at end of bed and wonít come near me lol

Actually my Sister's pug LOVED to have clothes on!!! would growl if you tried to take them off. Owner of Cuddles said all she has to do is show the dog a new outfit and she dances on back legs and gets very excited to change clothes.. I don't need a pet, I have Ben to care for!! LOL
Betty, I wouldn't have let that little Stink weed out either!!! Prowl all night and sleep all day, NOPE!!! As a teenager my cat tried that and kept my brothers and I up at night so every time we found him sleeping during the day, WE woke HIM up!! that improved our sleep at night LOL.
Back to work for me today, in office, no field work. I have 2 Russian client's assessments with interpreters tomorrow. .
Ben seems to be doing better with new caregivers. His skin sure looks healthier, BETTER care during the day shift.. I miss Maricella, Annie does a good job of cleaning but Mari did EXCELLENT job.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Morning Betty and all,
Shadow Lake is near Coboconk about an hour and 15 min. northeast of here..I have a friend who dresses her dog up and has many outfits. She also colours her dogs' ears with magic marker..pink blue etc. I don't have any pets. Have had in the past though. Betty, so glad you have a helper for the garden now. My fella who comes usually on a Thursday is coming on Friday this week. We are predicted to have Thunderstorms and very high heat and humidity on Thursday. This is an old photo of my daylily Joy of July. Can't wait to see it open again soon. Two of my granddaughters. Hayley just graduated as a nurse. Dana is her younger sister. She will be starting to study Medical admin in Sept.

Thumbnail by Starzz Thumbnail by Starzz
Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning everyone, decided this morning that I was going to stay in my Jammieís, happen to be ones that LIndakay sent when we did our pj swap,sooo comfy. Did get out and water though, know itís rain tomorrow but they were hanging their heads, thirsty they all are. Do you think Mother Nature would agree to give us 2 days of sunshine to one day of light rain?

Carol, Haley and Dana are beautiful young accomplished ladies..keep thinking you are far from me but within 1 1/2 hrs..Coboconk is about same distance from me. Smart thinking re your gardener coming Friday, will look so inviting come weekend.

As I walked the gardens this morning I felt pleased with myself that I let Devon cut down so much growth, not so dark or hidden..picked a few weeds.i could cut grass but will wait til Friday so itís fresh for the weekend.

Gabbed with our Joyce this morning, she and the girls from Ohio will make their yearly trip end of August so Debbie Iíll email exact dates so you can join us.
We always do a few quilts so this year we will do a scroll pillow with their family names and a birdhouse like I did..not sure where we will go for our outing..have to think that one out.

Pat, bet you just hate to go back to work today, wonít be long it will be weekend again. Sherry and my sister-in-law tried clothes on her dog that sherry bought from Ohio, biggest laugh I had in forever, poor dog was letting them try on clothes they didnít even know how to put on..I video taped it, wonder if I can figure out how to post.

Glad Benís new caregiver is work8ng out ..

Susan, you feeling better?

Dianne has your vertigo passed?

Few flowers from my garden this a.m.
Debbie, daisies for you..

Canít grow roses, but the carpet roses I had neat the 2nd pond that I shut down and moved got their roots through the rocks of the large pond, wanted to pull them out but Darlene thought they would look lovely in bloom..few bloomed yesterday.

Usually Ziggy wants out but today as I traced the map of USA on fabric and started cutting out fabric of states the girls and I have done through the years..different colours for each year, Ziggy just had to be pushing my hand..think one of my Texas pieces got snipped lol.

LIndakay as I cut Texas out I thought of the laughs we had at the restaurant and Sharon the California piece reminded me of my visits with you and Liz...then cut Illinois, my visit with Judy..each cut out brought back so many memories..enjoying it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Iíve been chatty

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Some of my pretties

Lunch time, egg salad sandwich
Put spaghetti sauce in containers and kept enough out for supper so easy eats day!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Doubt you can see it but the flowers on this tree are red, just starting to bloom

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Worked almost all day and only got 2014 roadtrip done..some we only drove through but count lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, I had such a wonderful time at the Alamo with you all.
Your gardens are beautiful.
That bag is going to be so pretty when done.

Victoria Harbour, ON

We did as well..each state brings memories..just did Michigan and what comes to mind??

Yep met up with Karen,you and Joyce..

Lordy, some of those north eastern states are awfully small, by the time I zig zig you wonít see the fabric lol

Likely set aside for tonight,almost done.

Would like to add somewhere like the back the provinces weíve travelled..lots of work for such a silly project.

All started because of Liz. 😜

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi - I thought of Carol as I bought & planted this beauty of a peony, and now...... for the first time (my first ever peony) it's blooming!
And my Mock Orange is too! I brought it with me in Aug 2016, and it got stuck in the garden soil, planted in its "forever home" in spring 2017. Now it's thriving.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh such fun remembering our time in Frankenmuth. So enjoyed meet everyone. All the shopping and such a fun lunch.

I think the bags are totally awesome! NOT silly at all, very cool keepsake & memory keeper!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Good Morning, up early today. Amber Alert on my phone went off twice, first time at 3am. Country Gardens yesterday. They still have lots and lots of plants. This is the place Betty and I went to many years ago.

Thumbnail by Starzz

Beautiful nursery garden.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Yes LindaKay..amazing things inside too. It is huge. So many goodies to look at.

Pacifica, CA

betty bags are coming along great, you did such a good job

Frankenmuth, oh my don't think I will be allowed there again! lol after 400.00
I went crazy
oh I love the garden house
uh oh gotta feed the cat, this crazy fool is chasing the dog

have a good day everyone

Verona, ON

I lost y'all.

Been hot and humid here for days. The AC has been on for several days. The heat and humidity make my vertigo worse.Plus the TH really feel the heat.

My condolences to Sharon on the loss of her sister.

The deer have clear cut my flower garden. I didn't plant any veggies for that very reason. Not only did they eat the tops off of my coneflowers they then chopped off the stems right at ground level.I asked Kieran to water the garden yesterday and he said "Why?". My response I have hope many of the plants are hardy and will come back. I have some netting I might place over the top of the flowers and see if that helps.

LK your dogs must be house bound with all your heat. Are you expecting the big rain event like Louisiana ? I have a friend who works in a Dog Rescue in NOLA and they started evacuating the dogs yesterday. There was already almost 3 ft of water

Not much on the agenda today. I need to go into the village to the PO to pick up some parcels. So I had better get into the shower and get going.

Stay safe, well and cool.

No rain here yet. Everything is parched. 102 for the past week or so. Dogs have always been inside dogs. They go out to go potty, and I play with them and the tennis balls after they eat dinner.
Glad you found us Dianne. Sorry to hear about your flowers.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening, busy day, worked finalizing our annual roadtrip..have hotels, entertainment venues etc ., e-mailed to the girls for review and suggestions, all that remains is who is going. glad that is behind me.

Not sure if Dianne and Carol got the rain they were calling for but I sure didnít. I just came in from watering as they say no rain until Saturday.

Carol that nursery was great, enjoyed my walking through itís treasures, for some reason I think I bought piece for my garden there but canít remember what.

Heartbroken about New Orleans and area, you all know itís my favourite place to go..when we girls were there a few years ago there were torrential rains, we managed to entertain ourselves but were soaked for a few days. Hope main storm passes them by.

Wondered where you were Dianne...sorry to hear about the damage the deer have done to your gardens, so much work to have them eaten. Havenít seen the deer in awhile but Iíve a skunk who is making himself at home,with Ziggy out back I sure hope he doesnít think itís a kitty to challenge.

Liz, quite the project, am sure Suzanne and Linda thank you..what have you and Kenny been up to? Last year when at your place I needed a jacket when we toured San Francisco, is weather better this year? Any fires?? Sure hope not.
And Karen,just for us was a quilt/sewing shop lol

Carol would be proud of you Susan..

As I type much of this everything sounds familiar, perhaps I typed some this morning and didnít press send.

Glad to hear you have your trip planned. Praying everyone is healthy and can go and enjoy the trip too.

Verona, ON

Well the sky darkened and the long awaited rain fell heavily oh for about 10 min. We need rain.... the poor farmers are going crazy.

Wonder if Mary will feel the effects in Baton Rouge ?

Sleep well.

This message was edited Jul 11, 2019 10:18 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks LIndakay, doubtful for sure that Linda will go because of Dave

we didnít get your rain Dianne, farmers have had a time of it with rains in spring and now being so dry. Looked at 14 day forecast not much rain in it.

Guess who canít sleep. Grrr

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images